"

SoCalWJS

Re: T.H.E. Show - Newport Beach CA - June 1, 2, 3 2012
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2012, 05:24 pm »
OK, I'm registered - now I gotta figure out which hotel to stay at.  :scratch:

kbuzz3

« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2012, 02:21 am »
As istated above the redwine room was outstanding.  Was curious about those speakers.    In other words how much of it was the great rwa equip or were the speakers adding a new dimension to the rwa sound

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 4 May 2012, 01:57 am »
How are the rooms at this show?

Gothover

« Reply #4 on: 4 May 2012, 03:44 am »
I went to the show last year, it was great. I am registered and ready to go for this year.

Dave

enjoythemusic

« Reply #5 on: 6 May 2012, 09:10 pm »
Fun show and will be there reporting on it.
www.enjoythemusic.com/the_show_newport_2012/

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #6 on: 7 May 2012, 12:50 am »
I'll be running sound for all the live music performances.  If you want to complain about the mix for any of the concerts, come by and say hi.  You may find yourself running the mixing board while I wander off for a beer...

Russ
« Last Edit: 7 May 2012, 06:53 pm by Russtafarian »

johnnydarko

« Reply #7 on: 7 May 2012, 02:35 am »
Anyone know of hotels to stay at in the area?  It seems the Atrium and Hilton are both "sold out" on their special rates?

johnnydarko

« Reply #8 on: 7 May 2012, 03:51 am »
Anyone know of hotels to stay at in the area?  It seems the Atrium and Hilton are both "sold out" on their special rates?

Ignore me - found somewhere.   :D

SoCalWJS

« Reply #9 on: 8 May 2012, 01:53 am »
Just found this out myself - waited too long.  :o Sold out a month in advance!

They've set up an "overflow" hotel with a shuttle service - I decided to go with an Embassy not too far away, as that takes care of the breakfast issue. Guess I'll be driving around a bit.

Promises to be packed at times. :(

adhesiv

« Reply #10 on: 8 May 2012, 05:40 am »
I actually asked the event planners about the parking situation since last year was such a nightmare and it seems like they felt the pain too.

They have organized with 6 area parking lots in addition to the 2 parking lots of each hotel. Hopefully the parking operation gets it under control this year.

Alonski

« Reply #11 on: 8 May 2012, 03:53 pm »

Don't trust the website, they always shut down availability on the web first. I called the day after the web sites said "sold out" (and the HIlton said a room was available for $1248 per night!) and I got a room at the Atrium at the $95 rate.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #12 on: 14 May 2012, 01:16 am »
Come hear some CBT arrays... :thumb:

capwkidd

« Reply #13 on: 14 May 2012, 06:16 pm »
I am registered as well, my only real concern is parking... I prefer to stay at a hotel close to Disneyland, then drive to the show each day, also that allows me to stay at a hotel that has a good free breakfast :)! I called and emailed the event number/email address, but have not heard back yet (I just did this early today, so no surprise there). But this was an issue last year, will be a big issue this year if it's has not been planned ahead!

Also, any local hotels with a free FULL breakfast? What I would call an AMERICAN breakfast, not "continental"!

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #14 on: 14 May 2012, 07:27 pm »
I believe the parking situation will be much better this year.

Richard Beers (The Organizer) told me they rented a few more parking lots so I think it's going to much better for everyone.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #15 on: 14 May 2012, 07:30 pm »
I am registered as well, my only real concern is parking... I prefer to stay at a hotel close to Disneyland, then drive to the show each day, also that allows me to stay at a hotel that has a good free breakfast :)! I called and emailed the event number/email address, but have not heard back yet (I just did this early today, so no surprise there). But this was an issue last year, will be a big issue this year if it's has not been planned ahead!

Also, any local hotels with a free FULL breakfast? What I would call an AMERICAN breakfast, not "continental"!
I'm staying at an Embassy Suites Hotel that's about a mile away.

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #16 on: 14 May 2012, 09:03 pm »
I prefer to stay at a hotel close to Disneyland, then drive to the show each day, also that allows me to stay at a hotel that has a good free breakfast

You may be aware of this already, but it's about a 40 minute (or more with traffic) drive from Disneyland to the Show hotels.  Unless you are looking forward to navigating freeways and wading through slow & go traffic, it will be a lot easier to stay close to the Show, even if you have to pay a little more for breakfast. 

There is an IHOP restaurant 1/2 block from the Show hotels.  Don't let the "International" in their name fool you, they serve an all-american breakfast.  :wink:

Russ

randytsuch

« Reply #17 on: 14 May 2012, 10:25 pm »
(and the HIlton said a room was available for $1248 per night!)

Newport Beach is an exclusive area, but I hope that's a typo  :)

Randy

SoCalWJS

« Reply #18 on: 14 May 2012, 10:40 pm »
Newport Beach is an exclusive area, but I hope that's a typo  :)

Randy
Every time I tried the online resevations using T.H.E. link, that's what came up. I finally called. Turns out the entire block of reserved rooms at the special rate had already been booked, but for some reason they had a "special" suite for the show as well. They asked if I wanted to hear the details. I asked if $1248/night was the correct rate. They said yes.

For some reason, I declined.  :scratch:

Cheeseboy

« Reply #19 on: 18 May 2012, 09:23 pm »
I'm staying at an Embassy Suites Hotel that's about a mile away.

See ya at the show.  I got into the Marriott.  Be there Friday and Saturday.  Helen passed on the show this year. 

Steve