A little new Daedalus fan ... Hello

Sébastien

A little new Daedalus fan ... Hello
« on: 12 Jan 2020, 09:59 am »
Hello, I am new here and I am very happy to join you. I am French and I discovered last August when searching for my new speaker the Daedalus manufacture on the web. In France, Daedalus is very little known. The first thing that I liked most was the manufacture of solid wood boxes, I am very sensitive to the quality of manufacture of a product. Then, Lou's personality, background, and philosophy of research and work also please me a lot. Lou is a person of high quality and very available.
After this discovery, I read you a lot on this forum and with Lou, you convinced me through your various testimonies and technical explanation that Daedalus Audio was exceptional. 4 months later, I ordered Lou a pair of Apollo 11 in cooked maple and these dedicated Wywires cables and the DID set.
I am now like a child very impatient to receive his package, especially since for me the surprise will be immense because I have never heard a Daedalus speaker, that is to say all the confidence that I make you.
I promise you photos of the system as soon as I receive the Apollo 11 and my feelings over time.
Thank you all, thank you to Lou and happy new year 2020 full of good and beautiful music.

cheech

Re: A little new Daedalus fan ... Hello
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2020, 07:52 pm »
Welcome to the Daedalus family Sebastin! Hopefully you will be very happy with your speakers when you get them.  Be patient with break-in and enjoy

cheech

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2020, 07:56 pm »
BTW, I live in the States and bought mine (Argos V2s) without hearing them as well. No regrets at all

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2020, 09:57 pm »
Congratulations Sebastien. I’m sure you’ll be over the moon about them. Beautiful speakers indeed.

Cheers,
Lester

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2020, 10:55 pm »

Hi Sebastian

Welcome

NIce to hear someone  from France finding Lou’s fabulous speakers and reaching out to this community.

I own a pair of Ulysses and am also soon receiving a pair or Apollo 11s in burnt maple as well.

Having heard and seen Lou’s pair you are in for a real treat

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jan 2020, 11:40 pm »
Welcome to the family Sebastien!
It has been fun build a pair of baked maple APollo 11s together, will be posting some pics of the build soon!

cheers,
Lou

A_shah

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jan 2020, 02:26 am »
Sebastien,
Welcome to the Daedalus Family , I have visited France plenty of times and love the place , favorite being of course Paris and South of France
I own a pair of Daedalus Poseidon's since Feb. 2018  and am very happy with them you did a smart thing by ordering the the Wywire cables they really open up the system specially the Daedalus Speaker cables , although along with the SC I own 2 sets of the Diamond IC , one pair between my Pre-amp and my mono block amps and one pair between my DAC & the Pre- just amazed at the prefect resolution I get ! You are in for a treat !.  What electronic- gear  are you going to be using with your Apollo 11 ? :thumb:

Asghar
Tracy, CA.

Jarbs

« Reply #7 on: 26 Jan 2020, 05:41 am »
Hello Sebastien,

Excitement, then patience. When they finally arrive they are beautiful. But then there is break-in and a roller coaster of change.
I’ve had my Apollo 11’s for just over a year now and am quite happy with them. There are many intangibles but knowing the craft involved in their creation is part of the joy of ownership. I believe you will be quite happy with them. They will sound like whatever you feed them.

If you have any questions I’m sure Lou and the community here will be quite helpful in your quest.

Greg

Sébastien

« Reply #8 on: 1 Feb 2020, 04:27 pm »
Hello and thank you all for your welcome. To answer Asghar, I have electronics from French artisans. Drice CD and converters were manufactured by Audiomat, Drive D1 and Maestro Reference converter, these are the best models from the manufacturer. Then my preamplifier and my two mono amplifiers are Cairn (Nanda North Face and amplifier K1 North Face). Everything is transistor.
It's possible that later I switch to LTA, I will ask everyone and especially Lou for his advice. I have read a lot about Daedalus speakers and it seems that LTA products are perfectly suited for these speakers.

Jarbs

« Reply #9 on: 5 Feb 2020, 11:28 pm »
I use the LTA Microzotl Preamp and LTA Ultralinear amp with the Apollo 11’s. An excellent match. Very resolved, no noise, quick, dynamic, and musical. All of the stereo-typical adjectives apply  :D

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #10 on: 31 Mar 2020, 09:32 pm »

Sebastien's speakers breaking in...unfortunately because of Covid they can't ship to France but the good news is that when Sebatien gets them they will be fully broken in!

He and his wife requested a flamed baked maple baffle instead of the standard quartersawn walnut... I like the look! :thumb:

Sébastien

« Reply #11 on: 1 Apr 2020, 06:22 am »
Imagine my dear friends how impatient I find myself  :duh:. But all that is not serious compared to this situation which we all cross, it is a very difficult situation for all the people. Currently, only one weapon works against the Covid 19, stay isolated, believe our experience that we live in Europe.
A very big thank you to Lou for his magnificent work and all the care he brings to these pretty tiger devils!
Be well and be very careful.

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #12 on: 9 Apr 2020, 10:37 pm »

Sebastian

YOur Apollo 11s are gorgeous.

Another work of art heirloom from Lou
Photos don’t do them justice.

I just received mine two weeks ago and I couldn’t be happier.

Even though you will be waiting on them
Lou will be breaking them in with his top flight Lapizator and LTA amps.

Congratulations

Tom

vinyl_lady

« Reply #13 on: 10 Apr 2020, 01:27 am »
Sebastian,

A belated welcome to the Daedalus family. Your speakers are absolutely gorgeous. As an Apollo 11 owner, I assure you they will sound fantastic. The tonal accuracy, smoothness and effortless detail will blow you away.

Stay safe and hopefully Lou will be able to ship them soon. Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

Laura

Sébastien

« Reply #14 on: 14 Jul 2020, 08:48 am »
Hello everyone, the Apollo 11s arrived yesterday after a long travel of over 5600 miles. The packages are in perfect condition and the speakers too, it is a relief for me.
This first day was a discovery of the product, they are magnificent and of a very high quality of manufacture. Bravo to Lou and his Daedalus Audio team. I took half a day to properly place them in the room, wedge them, level them ...
The first listening upset me, no wow effect but an incredible quality of timbre and sound space.
I will give myself time to listen and then describe my feelings about these beautiful speakers that are these Apollo 11.
are you well.

Sébastien.

Bones13

« Reply #15 on: 14 Jul 2020, 10:35 am »
Beautiful! Congratulations on some gorgeous speakers. I’m sure you will enjoy them for a long time. Nice work Lou.

stlrman

« Reply #16 on: 14 Jul 2020, 02:08 pm »
Give them 200 hours to break in .

borism

« Reply #17 on: 14 Jul 2020, 02:56 pm »
Beautiful speakers! They should be fully broken in by now. I wonder if the speakers would benefit from being pulled further from the front wall into the room?

Sébastien

« Reply #18 on: 14 Jul 2020, 05:13 pm »
Yes you are right Borism this speakers will be in a large dedicated room where they will be positioned far from the walls and with an angle of about 10 ° as Lou positions them during the demonstrations. I find this idea very ingenious to break the room's resonances.
Always observe the masters and the experts.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #19 on: 14 Jul 2020, 05:53 pm »

Congratulations, Sebastien. Enjoy!