TLP+AKSA100 w/Nirvana+Jordan Tl

Flick

TLP+AKSA100 w/Nirvana+Jordan Tl
« on: 8 Feb 2004, 05:01 am »
I tried this many times before and in panic e-mailed Hugh, not that I minded  :D This new forum is a tough 'nut to crack' :?  He answered promply, but I still wonder if anyone else tried tweeks in this area. So read on.

Hello Hugh and All.

Been absent lately enjoying other pleasures.

Anyhow, I just changed speakers in my system to the single driver Jordan's TL with good results. Very pleasant accurate detailed sound. I have noticed one problem with this setup. There is a graininess in some vocals. Ever so slight--not always present, but noticeable with Kirk Whalum, "In This Life" (beautiful instrumentation) and Jennifer Warnes "The Hunter." Clean vocals on Janis Ian's "Breaking Silence"(nice subtle skin work on percussion) and Loreena McKennitt, "The Book of Secrets"(her voice just kills me along with some great mellow strings), are clear as a bell. I'm very pleased with this Jordan move, but want to eliminate the 'trail' in some vocals.

Some have recommended replacing the MMK caps between the out and in stages of the TLP and AKSA. My question is can I eliminate or combine these coupling caps and voltage drop resistors since this will be the only two pieces in this link in my setup?
Hugh what are your recommendations? or anybody in the know?

I plan on upgrading the TLP to Nirvana shortly.

I'm still very pleased with this ever improving system.

John