I'm an idiot..

PJ

I'm an idiot..
« on: 1 Apr 2003, 12:49 pm »
My AKSA worked fine the first time for about 2 weeks, before I decided to finish mounting it in the case, and solder the power connections, rather than use these unreliable clips I had.

When I rewired, in my rush I somehow (no idea to this day how on earth I managed to do this) basically flipped one of the AC input wires and +49V DC output on the PS on the right channel.

On switch on I gone transformer hum and instant smoke.

I blew the main input fuse, a 10A fast blow.

Now one channel works fine, the other channel has rails at -60-80V and  around +30-35V  :evil:

Hugh told me to change out R2....as it may be damaged...a BIG job, defiantely one for next weekend, perhaps the weekend after that, as I have to completely dismount the board from the heatsink, as I cant access the underside of the PCB without removing it from the case.

I like the fact that despite being a final year EE I managed to do this to my once working 100W AKSA.... :oops:

U4EA

I'm an idiot..
« Reply #1 on: 2 Apr 2003, 02:02 am »
Crap like this happens to the best of us.  I once dropped a screw driver while adjusting the dwell on a car.  I went to grab it and only then did I realize my hand was in the fan chasing after it.  Ouch!!!!  Hit me 25 times before I could pull it out.   :x My dad said I should be happy the screwdriver did not pierce the radiator. :D