Intact Audio Autoformers Modules problem

vhrynchuk

Intact Audio Autoformers Modules problem
« on: 2 Feb 2012, 05:37 pm »
Hello,

this my first post on this forum

I just bought Intact Audio Autoformer modules and connected them yesterday.
They work separately, but they don’t work together. That is:

1.    A connected the first autoformer and it works.
2.    I disconnected the first and connected the second and it works too.
3.    When I connect both autoformers one channel plays music another channel becomes an order of magnitude quieter.
4.    It depends on the autoformer wich channel becomes quieter, that is when I swap left and right autoformer another channel becomes quieter.
5.    Both autofermers works if I just connect signal wire to my source. If I push RCA connector further that they connect to the ground of the source one channel becomes considerably quieter again

I rechecked the connection leads and they seem to be connected properly.

I would be grateful if you could give me some idea what can be wrong with them.

Viktor

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
Re: Intact Audio Autoformers Modules problem
« Reply #1 on: 9 Feb 2012, 10:14 pm »
Hello!

Sorry to leave you hanging - need to check here more often for posts. Feel free to e-mail or call if you ever have any questions.

I am guessing (?) that these are the manual modules from Dave? Just want to be sure I am picturing the hookup correctly. I have only played with these a couple times but I did that pcb design so I am familiar with them.

It really sounds like a ground connection / hot connection issue. What you are describing is that when you connect the grounds of both modules together (both rca jacks fully pressed into the sockets) that it shorts ground and hot on one side - making it quieter.  Please recheck those connection points all the way through with a meter if you have it - ie. follow the ground step by step from one end to the other and then the hot from one end to the other.

Please report back or call (604) 560-2959 if you want to work through it over the phone.

Thansk!

John

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
Re: Intact Audio Autoformers Modules problem
« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2012, 09:44 pm »
Hello!

I have been meaning to follow up on this since my last post. I spoke to Dave apparently a quick rewire did solve all the troubles. Just wanted to follow up that the problem was solved.

Thansk!

John