6Moons Review Updates! - LS 36.5 Balanced Tube Linestage + Customer Feedback

modwright

The LS 36.5 has been shipping for a month or better now and everyone that has received it has been very pleased.  I have a well written letter from a very happy customer from Australia who graciously agreed to let me share his comments below.

Various reviews are in the works, the first of which is going to be by Srajan Ebaen of 6Moons.com: www.6moons.com.  He has already posted a pre-review: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/modwright2/365.html

As other reviews are scheduled and released, they will be announced here.

Customer Feedback:

Dan,

I am, by nature, a relatively conservative person. I am not the most knowledgeable Hi Fi guru walking on two legs and the “brave for me” decision to purchase your LS 36.5 Pre Amp sight unseen and sound unheard was a HUGE leap of faith.

Well it is day 2 and after spending the first evening in absolute awe at how your Pre Amp delivers music to my Ambiance speakers, via the new Butler Power Amp, just “blows me away”. I am stunned, amazed and absolutely realised for the first time what genuine quality components can do. WOW !!

I spent an hour listening to the speakers before deciding to buy them (though I had to sell a $13,000 motor bike to do so) and auditioned them via some esoteric Sim Audio Pre, Power and CD player from the Moon Audio series at the dealers showroom.

I was very impressed then, but I have to say the sound now is at a whole other level, the depth, placement, punch, power and clarity of the music is AWESOME.

All this with brand new cables and power amp just means things can only get better, and very likely, much better. Bring it on !!!

Thank you for your time, patience and understanding.

R. Bebrouth “down under in” 

Queensland

Australia

I will post more customer feedback as received.

Thanks,

Dan W.
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2008, 09:53 am by modwright »

SCompRacer

Dan, Srajan at 6moons put page two up yesterday. 

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/modwright2/365.html

modwright

Thanks for pointing out the Page 2 of Srajan's preview.  I am pleased with his findings and would encourage anyone who is curious about the LS 36.5 or on the fence about purchasing, to read.

Dan W.

rpf

Congratulations, Dan. A very impressive review. I'm not surprised, of course, but now I really can't wait to hear the unit.  :D

Rob     

modwright

Hi Rob, I DO owe you a listen don't I :).  I will see what I can do in the next week or so.  We are filling orders as fast as possible and shipping reviewer units too.  Ping me via email next week.

Take care,

Dan