Bob Carver Tube Amps

Ragnar71

Bob Carver Tube Amps
« on: 5 Jul 2019, 10:07 pm »
When I was young the one HiFi shop in my area carried Carver . It’s one of those things your mesmerized by as a child and always dream of one day having. Well now that I’ve decided on the Soatial M3’s I came across some tube amps he currently produces and was wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions on them. Everyone talks about PrimaLuna and I never really see much on these Carver pieces. Is his reputation. Still what it once was? Any insight is welcome.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Bob Carver Tube Amps
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jul 2019, 10:29 pm »
My vote for PrimaLuna, no other pushpull amp can touch PL on those features and reliability, I like SET amps but PL are outstanding amps and along with Upscale support.

PDR

• May the best man win
« Reply #2 on: 5 Jul 2019, 11:27 pm »
Try here for an overload of Carver info

https://thecarversite.com/

And for sales

https://jimclarkstereo.com/

PMAT

« Reply #3 on: 5 Jul 2019, 11:29 pm »
 The prima Luna is a larger commercial operation and has a great reputation for value.  Definitely check out the Carver gear. Built in the U.S. and designed by a genius.  Disclosure, I am a carver fan for sure.

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #4 on: 6 Jul 2019, 02:15 am »
I would never look at a Primaluna. the Carver monoblocks? yeah. The 350s..

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #5 on: 6 Jul 2019, 02:20 am »
The 75 watt Carver would be plenty of power for an M3.  I drive my M3TMs with an old 75 watt CJ amp and love the sound.

RPM123

« Reply #6 on: 6 Jul 2019, 04:57 pm »
Carver offers a 5-year warranty on both the amp and the tubes. No other company offers that.

witchdoctor

« Reply #7 on: 6 Jul 2019, 08:26 pm »
When I was young the one HiFi shop in my area carried Carver . It’s one of those things your mesmerized by as a child and always dream of one day having. Well now that I’ve decided on the Soatial M3’s I came across some tube amps he currently produces and was wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions on them. Everyone talks about PrimaLuna and I never really see much on these Carver pieces. Is his reputation. Still what it once was? Any insight is welcome.

Bob Carver is to amps what Michael Jordan is to basketball.  :thumb:

Spatial Audio

« Reply #8 on: 6 Jul 2019, 08:31 pm »
Hi Guys - Just for fun, here is Bob Carver himself listening to the M3s in 2016:

displayname

« Reply #9 on: 6 Jul 2019, 09:02 pm »
Very cool! I wonder what he thought of the speakers.

PMAT

« Reply #10 on: 6 Jul 2019, 11:58 pm »
He loved them.