Not sure you know how lucky you are

hairofthedawg

« on: 10 May 2003, 04:05 pm »
I'm rocking out right now to some fantastic rock on Symphonic Line gear and if you guys are approaching the sound I hear right now(Jeff Beck and Rod Stewart on People Get Ready), for less money than I spent by buying Odyssey, you're happy people.  This stuff is unbelieveable...,.

cheers and thnx Klaus!

Rock on,

Dick(Time for some Ratt!)

Marbles

What a coincedence!
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2003, 09:29 pm »
a week or two ago I bought a double LP of Rod Stewart, Ronnie Wood, and Jeff Beck (Mickey Waller and Tony Neuman on drums, but they didn't make the headline)

It is Beck-ola, and Truth.

I played it last night for the first time.  I played Jailhouse Rock and my daughter started dancing but then the blues back beat hit and she couldn't dance to it.  She was totally bummed with it and left the room.

Some of the songs are pretty good though.

I prefer "Blow by Blow" and "Wired", so maybe Rod and Ronnie didn't work out so well with Jeff.  Just my opinion.

Ferdi

« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2003, 11:06 pm »
Thinking very hard.... (difficult): didn't Ron Wood and Rod Stewart play together in the Faces sometime in the 60's?

Googled for it. Yes! And Ron Wood was playing with Jeff Beck before he joined the Faces. This was actually in the early 70's. Close enough.

BlackCat

« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2003, 07:31 pm »
Yeah, Ron Wood is almost as lucky as Ringo Starr.  One day the phone rings and Mick says..."Hey you wanna be a Stone?".  No honestly, Ronny is a great axe player and he deserves the millions he's making now.

And as far as us Odyssey owners not knowing how lucky we are....we do!