Has somebody listened the Khartago amp ?

Eduardo AAVM

« on: 25 Apr 2003, 10:02 pm »
Hello I think Khartago and Etesian will have big succes in places like my country, Mexico but many have been asking me about the sound quality.

For what I know I assume it is the same of the basic Stratos but with some watts less.

Please, you fortunate guys who were at Montreal and MAF let me know the most detailed possible how does it sounds. Do it has the same "signature" sound of his bigger brothers ?

Regards

mgalusha

« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2003, 10:17 pm »
Eduardo,

I listened to the Khartago and the Stratos at the MAF driving the Loreli's and they sound remarkably similar. The Khartago uses the same (I believe) board as the Stratos with a smaller power supply, heat sinks and chassis.

I thought the Stratos sounded a less strained and had slightly tighter control of the woofers. Keep in mind that Klaus had the system cranked up pretty high, so it's a tribute to the Khartago that it didn't have any trouble driving the speakers to high levels.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2003, 10:37 pm »
Hello Mike, amigo, nice to know about you. Ok your words are very important for me let's see what others think about, but I guess the main thing you have said it.

Thanks   :D

Ernest

« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2003, 11:17 pm »
I heard the Khartago and Stratos back to back at the MAF show and they definitely sound similar.  The Stratos though is a definite step up.  I would say that the Khartago gets you about 70% of the way to a Stratos.

To my ears the Khartago was much better sounding the nOrh's LeAmp II.  But this was all short listening sessions in less than ideal conditions.

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr 2003, 11:26 pm »
Thank you Ernest your opinion is very valuable for me...

MaxCast

« Reply #5 on: 28 Apr 2003, 01:22 am »
I heard them both and the comments so far are right on.  I felt the Stratos had better bass and sounded effortless at the higher volumes.  With very efficient speakers, small speakers, or at low to medium volumes the two get closer together in performance.

I would like to hear the Khartago and the LeampII in the same room and with the same speaker.

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #6 on: 28 Apr 2003, 03:07 am »
Thank you Maxcast...

Go Wings go...

MaxCast

« Reply #7 on: 28 Apr 2003, 01:02 pm »
Quote from: Eduardo AAVM
Thank you Maxcast...

Go Wings go...

:oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :peek: