What would be a good subwoofer match for Loreleis ?SN

Eduardo AAVM

Any suggestions based on experience ?

For audio only setup...

If you do what are your musical tastes ?

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: What would be a good subwoofer match for Loreleis ?SN
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2009, 08:31 am »
My ACI Force XL works great for both music and movies in my smallish 11 x 17 x 7 foot room. I run my Lorelei's small at my processor with an 80Hz cutoff. I built a substand that sits next to & on the inside of my right Lorelei and who's bass is leveled just below the Lorelei's driver so it integrates beautifully.

I do all types of music myself (except for country) with a strong emphasise on jazz.

Cheers,
Robin

rydenfan

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2009, 02:43 pm »
I have always found the REL T series subs to be excellenct for music. Since they connect at speaker level you dont have to worry about subwoofers outputs or anything. I have heard them blend seemlessly with many different speakers.

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2009, 04:56 pm »
Thank you guys, I appreciate your comments, let's see what others comment.

My opton is whether to use a subin those moments a little bit of punch at low volume is wanted or using Behringer Ultrafex 3200 processor .

AlexG

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2009, 08:03 pm »
Eduardo,

I completely agree with Robin regarding ACI subwoofers...I have their original (second version) Titan for the past nine years, and told Mike Dzurko personally a couple years ago at the RMAF that the Titan "play notes"....by the way, Mike is a great guy to work with and has tremendous knowledge. :thumb:

I still have to get back to you on your PM.  :wink:

Cheers,
Alex

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jan 2009, 09:53 pm »
Hi AlexG, nice to read you as always, your recommendation is quite intersting I will check it along with others and find what I like best and also for a customer who also is thinking of a sub.

I'll look forward for your PM

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jan 2009, 10:00 pm »
I'll give a 3rd for the ACI subs.  They're extremely musical and have the controls to blend seamlessly.  They even work well with difficult speakers like Maggies.

Bryan

Rapt

« Reply #7 on: 24 Jan 2009, 01:04 am »
I was thinking about jl audio highly regarded (expensive) fathom f112's.  Thanks!