Anyone have Kismet Tube Line Preamp?

kingdeezie

Anyone have Kismet Tube Line Preamp?
« on: 13 Jan 2009, 12:53 am »
I am assuming since there is not a lot of information on this that no one has one yet, but I was wondering.

I have been trying to upgrade my preamp.

I currently have a Mapletree Audio preamp.

I was looking at the Response Audio Musica Bella Perfetto, but there is an impedance mismatch with my Mono SE's and I don't know if I am quite ready to ditch these yet.

So, anyone have the Kismet preamp? Is it out yet? Is it a huge upgrade over the Candela?

Theogenes

Re: Anyone have Kismet Tube Line Preamp?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2009, 04:45 am »
Hey Deez!! I believe you can order the Kismet line directly from Klaus (although I'm not entirely certain). The feedback on the phono stage so far has been incredible... Just search through this circle for more information. Also, when you get ready to sell that MAD... Gimme a shout!! :p

spacedghost

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2009, 02:41 pm »
Inquiring minds want to know...

Any word on this yet?  :drool:

Shaun

jdodmead

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 2009, 01:17 pm »
I would aslo like to hear from those that have the new phono pre. I haven't seen a lot of talk about how they perform either.

Jeff

djbnh

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2009, 01:55 pm »
The feedback on the phono stage so far has been incredible... Just search through this circle for more information.
Via various searches (Kismet + phono / Kismet / Kismet preamp / etc.) I have not found threads that affirm what you posted, that the feedback in the AC forums re: Kismet phono stage "so far has been incredible." Please link 5-10 "incredible" feedback threads from those in AC who own this phono stage, or even 4 threads,  re: Kismet phono stage, if you please. In advance, thanks for your assistance.

Theogenes

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2009, 04:17 am »
Why, here you go!

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=60417.0

As far as posting "5-10" links, I don't recall ever mentioning anything resembling those numbers. So I'd like to cordially invite you to reinsert those figures right back from whence you pulled them.

Learn to use a search function and lay off the douchiness, budro. Thanks!!

djbnh

« Reply #6 on: 27 Jan 2009, 11:47 am »
Why, here you go!

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=60417.0

As far as posting "5-10" links, I don't recall ever mentioning anything resembling those numbers. So I'd like to cordially invite you to reinsert those figures right back from whence you pulled them.

Learn to use a search function and lay off the douchiness, budro. Thanks!!
I previously read that thread. Rereading it reaffirmed that it is absent reviews of the new phono stage. Addtionally, that thread was the one that said the line stage preamp wasn't even at the RMAF.

If anyone can point me to reviews of the Kismet preamp and phono stage, that'd be appreciated. TY.

Theogenes

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jan 2009, 02:45 pm »
"Ultimately the one product that I am impressed with the most is the Kismet phono preamp.  Looks of a $ 10,000 unit and a sound that is soooooo good." From the above link.

I said "feedback," not "reviews." Please take the time to read posts before acting out. You're welcome!