Trinaural Processor now shipping

Sedona Sky Sound

« on: 9 May 2003, 09:22 pm »
I just received a call from James Bongiorno saying that the Trinaural Processor is now shipping. So far, I have heard the TRiP twice: at CES mated to the VMPS RM/Xs and then again at Luther Ward's house (www.wardsweb.org).

The TRiP won "Best High-End Audio Product" at CES but for me it was really hard to tell how much of the sound was due to the TRiP versus the RM/X (which was still undergoing break-in). The folks that heard the combination on Sunday said that it sounded absolutely incredible (versus merely "good" when my wife and I heard it on Thursday and Friday).

I believe the better test was hearing the TRiP at Luther's house. Luther actually received the TRiP as a gift for all the work he had done for James in the past (he created James' website among other things). The set-up at Luther's house was the exact opposite of CES. He had it mated with a couple of small bookshelf speakers (JBLs if I rememeber correctly) in his workroom. After listening to this set-up for a few hours, he actually put the floorstanding speakers he normally listened to in the room on sell at eBay!!! The TRiP did not quite make the bookshelf speakers match his Martin Logan CLSs, but I think his own comment was "they were amazingly close". Doing a little unscientific A/B comparison, the TRiP definitely gave the liitle speakers new life.  

I am hoping to post a full review of the TRiP mated in a RM40/LCR and 626R/LCR configurations in about two more weeks. If anyone has questions, please feel free to contact myself or any of the other SST dealers (you can get the list of local dealers at www.ampzilla2000.com).  

Julian
www.sedonaskysound.com

rblnr

« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2003, 05:57 pm »
I wonder how similar this is to Meridian's Trifield processing, which operates in the digital domain vs. analog, but also requires a center channel.