Purist Preamp US In Home Audition Tour

Curt

« Reply #80 on: 29 Oct 2003, 09:46 am »
jlupine > IL,

How's your audition going? Any questions?

Haven't heard a peep since you turned on the Purist  :D

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #81 on: 29 Oct 2003, 09:59 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Curt, When will the Sabai preamp be released ?  :D
Curt, do you have a release date yet ?? :D

Curt

« Reply #82 on: 29 Oct 2003, 10:29 am »
Curt, When will the Sabai preamp be released ?  :D
Curt, do you have a release date yet ?? :D

It looks like after the New Years holidays. I just released PT-2 and PT-3 to production and now I'm finishing Audiophile (was waiting PT-2 circuit). This will take about six weeks then it's back to finish Sabai.

Sabai needs the IR remote contol firmware tested and the phono stage prototyped, tested, and measured. Everything else is finished.

We have been quite busy with OEM orders (not IRD audio products) over the past two months we shipped more than 4,000Lbs of product to the States. This has cut into my time a bit but it sure helped pay the bills  :D  Hope everyone understands this is how we keep our prices so low.

MaxCast

« Reply #83 on: 29 Oct 2003, 01:31 pm »
Curt, it looks like I am next on the list.  Do you need anymore info. from me?

Curt

« Reply #84 on: 29 Oct 2003, 01:37 pm »
Quote from: MaxCast
Curt, it looks like I am next on the list.  Do you need anymore info. from me?

Yes, you have e-mail coming in 10 min  :D

jbgcpa

« Reply #85 on: 29 Oct 2003, 08:32 pm »
Curt,

Is the 2004 release of Sabai going to be with or without the built-in dac or both?

I can't wait for New Years  :D

Thanks,
Jack

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #86 on: 29 Oct 2003, 09:46 pm »
Quote from: Curt
I just released PT-2 and PT-3 to production ...

Yahoooooo   :bounce:

Curt

« Reply #87 on: 31 Oct 2003, 09:03 am »
Quote from: jbgcpa
Curt,

Is the 2004 release of Sabai going to be with or without the built-in dac or both?

I can't wait for New Years  :D

Thanks,
Jack

Hi Jack,

Sabai will not have an internal DAC at it's initial release.

We will talk more about DACs after Sabai is in production.

HChi

« Reply #88 on: 1 Nov 2003, 05:02 am »
Curt,
Is there any progress on the MB250 mono amp?  The Purist is working great for me whether using with Krell 250a or Pass x250.  I plan to have it send back either next week or after for the 'official' 1.01 upgrade.  The only 'problem' I still have is that even at 0db setting, with my high gain amp and 88db sensitivity speakers, only the first four clicks are usable. Is there a remedy for this?  Since I am on the market again shopping for an amp, I thought I would ask about the progress of MB250.

-Howard

jlupine

IRD Purist review
« Reply #89 on: 3 Nov 2003, 10:24 pm »
I posted my review in the Critic's Circle.
How do you get hypertext to work ?

Jan

Curt

Re: IRD Purist review
« Reply #90 on: 4 Nov 2003, 09:39 pm »
Quote from: jlupine
I posted my review in the Critic's Circle.
How do you get hypertext to work ?

Jan

Hi Jan,

Here is the link: (just cut and paste out of your browser's address window)
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=4981&highlight=

Thank you for writing such a nicely detailed review, it was an interesting read. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with the Purist.

Thank you for taking part in our in home audition tour.

Curt

« Reply #91 on: 4 Nov 2003, 09:55 pm »
Quote from: HChi
Curt,
Is there any progress on the MB250 mono amp?  The Purist is working great for me whether using with Krell 250a or Pass x250.  I plan to have it send back either next week or after for the 'official' 1.01 upgrade.  The only 'problem' I still have is that even at 0db setting, with my high gain amp and 88db sensitivity speakers, only the first four clicks are usable. Is there a remedy for this?  Since I am on the market again shopping for an amp, I thought I would ask about the progress of MB250.

-Howard

Hi Howard,

Yes, the MB-250 has had some progress, we have the power supply almost finished, we roughed out the enclosure and heat sink designs,  and have narrowed down the output transistor candidates down to a few select models. But, we are focused on our preamps at this time and the MB-250 will not receive our full attention until the preamps are finished.

Yes, the Purist can easily be modded to compensate for a high-gain system, we did this for a fellow who had 90dB loudspeakers, a high gain amplifier, and a CDP source.

I have your e-mail and will reply in more detail about scheduling your Purist 1.01 update and the free volume mod.

HChi

« Reply #92 on: 6 Nov 2003, 03:44 am »
Hi Curt,
I still haven't received your email.  If you already sent it, could you resend the message again?

Thanks,
-Howard

Curt

« Reply #93 on: 6 Nov 2003, 09:06 am »
Quote from: HChi
Hi Curt,
I still haven't received your email.  If you already sent it, could you resend the message again?

Thanks,
-Howard

Hi Howard,

Please be patient.

You are slightly out of sync on the Purist 1.01 mass update and we do not have a new style faceplate in stock at Charlotte, I am checking how fast we can get one there. I will e-mail you when I have a solid schedule for your service.

BTW: Service arrangements are better addressed through e-mail or PMs.

HChi

« Reply #94 on: 7 Nov 2003, 07:17 am »
Hi Curt,
Thanks for the update.  Based upon your reply, I assume you didn't recieve my email then.  I emailed you last week and since I didn't heard from you, I thought I would give you a try here, hence my post on last Friday here.   Anyway, please email me when you have the faceplate ready in NC.  

Also, when will be the projected release date for PT-2 and PT3?

Thanks and have a nice one.

Howard

MaxCast

« Reply #95 on: 12 Nov 2003, 01:02 pm »
My review of the Purist is here

Thank you, Curt.

nathanm

« Reply #96 on: 12 Nov 2003, 05:58 pm »
I've got it now.  At first I had no idea what the hell Maxcast was sending me.  Oh yeah, the Purist audition...almost forgot! Heh!

I'm glad there's two fuses included, cause if anyone is going to break this thing it'll be me.  Wait, I take that back.  It was Tbadder who broke the DeZorel, I swear I had nothing to do with it!  :P  I bet there's a cap or two in there which I could still blow up if I try hard.

Indeed, it's a heavy sucker.  It will be compared to my new Monolithic PA-1 which is along the same lines visually - black utilitarian project case w\ silver knobs.  Why that thing costs 500 bucks I have no idea, but oh well.  The Purist will have to be pretty darn good for me to replace what I have, cause the PA-1 is nice and compact. About a quarter of the size of this little slab of iron.  This thing weighs as much as two dozen Best Buy VCRs! :)

I am saddened it comes with a black power cord.  How could it be any good without cool personalized shrink tube and Flexo slee--wait! No!  I meant how could it be any good without advanced esoteric field geometry pure silver hand soldered power cord whose price per inch exceeds the GDP of Thailand?  I bet this this sounds like shit with this uneventful lookin--no I meant sounding cord. :cry:

Curt

« Reply #97 on: 12 Nov 2003, 06:22 pm »
nathanm,

This is one product I think you will like. You will get all the bass coming from your source  :D

The cord will surprise you, it's the same cord used on the MB-100 but the Purist has a built-in IEC line filter (EMI/RF) that is actually better than a third party power cord. But, you be the judge.

BTW, you have email. Enjoy your in home audition.

Curt

« Reply #98 on: 12 Nov 2003, 06:48 pm »
Quote from: MaxCast
My review of the Purist is here

Thank you, Curt.

It was a pleasure having you audition the Purist, thank you for your interest in IRD audio components and thank you for your Purist review.

nathanm

« Reply #99 on: 12 Nov 2003, 06:59 pm »
Thanks Curt.  I was joking about the cord of course.  I think the only way a power cord would ever surprise me is if the insulation rubbed off and I touched it! :lol:

But enough about these clunky home units - when is the full-ass-faceplate IRD car audio head unit coming out?  Come on man, the marketplace is WIDE open, you can hear crickets chirping and tumbleweeds rolling in there fer cripes sakes!  NOBODY makes a proper car unit, and I mean NOBODY.  You could lead the way!  :wink: