Coronavirus update from GR Research

Danny Richie

Coronavirus update from GR Research
« on: 18 Mar 2020, 04:06 pm »
I just want to drop a note here and talk about only the aspects of this that we are facing right here and our customers.

This is not a thread for a world wide discussion of what is happening all over the world.

First of all this has delayed our woofer production of our 16 ohm servo subs that are made in China. We are out of that model now and I can't get them here any sooner. They were ordered at the end of last year. Hang in there and I will get them. They have given us a ship date of the 15th of April. Add almost a month to that for ocean freight, customs clearance, and inland shipping. And that is when they should be here.

Now, another thing that is REALLY effecting us.

I know many people are stuck at home and can't go out and do normal day to day things. So many of you guys are taking this time to work on your audio systems and build new speakers. That's great! And we really appreciate all the new orders that have been and are coming in now at greater than normal rates. Thank you everyone!

That being said, orders are coming in much faster than we can get them out. Please be patient with us as we are doing our best to get orders out as fast as possible.

And we have had some delays in getting in No Rez and more inductors in from Erse earlier this year that caused some delays. We have really doubled up our stock on those things and are trying to be sure that we have enough inventory to keep up with demand.

Lastly we are in a rural area here in Texas. There have been zero reported cases of the virus in our county. We are in a low risk or low probability of getting it area. So we will not be shutting down. So long as UPS is running we are going like gangbusters over here.

And viruses don't live long outside of a host body. So the chances of you catching something form a package sent in the mail or via UPS is extremely low.

So please everyone be patient with us as we are doing our best.

And we may not be answering messages or responding as quickly here or to emails. But I will get to them all. I have been staying up really late responding to emails and will continue to do so.

Thanks,

Stuart

Re: Coronavirus update from GR Research
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2020, 06:15 pm »
Now that a sign of a true Gentleman. Here is SA it has just started, but is taking hold slowly, but surely.

Stay safe Danny 

Captainhemo

« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2020, 07:32 pm »
Same thing   holds true here,  we are   trying to get  stuff out asap. 
Hang in there folks and stay safe

jay

howard1818

« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2020, 10:48 pm »
so what's the best way to order? Just send an email? That way you can respond when you have time. I was going to order and sub kit 4 how different is it from the 3? Should I wait? Thanks for the update.

Folsom

« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2020, 03:59 am »
Email or phone.

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 19 Mar 2020, 12:52 pm »
so what's the best way to order? Just send an email? That way you can respond when you have time. I was going to order and sub kit 4 how different is it from the 3? Should I wait? Thanks for the update.

You might as well wait on those. The woofers are still out of stock.

Captainhemo

« Reply #6 on: 20 Mar 2020, 12:40 am »
Unless   someone wants to do  duals   or quads,   you  can then use the  SW12 08FR's. 
We are abouit to send out the first pair of non modular   quads  ,

jay

oldhvymec

« Reply #7 on: 21 Mar 2020, 11:06 pm »
Jay / Danny how ya doing?

I have 6 16 ohm drivers still in the box. I'm just now swapping drivers from a non servo driver to a servo driver in the double
OB cabinets, I got from you.  I want 8 ohms. I see you need a few. One driver was looked at other than that. NOS. perfect.

If you guys have a customer waiting on 16 ohm drivers and would swap me for 8 ohm. I don't want to be out money. Shipping?

I also need a single double, have to check on the amp, I may want a different one.. XLR, maybe..

If I can help let me know.  I'm sure someone will want them..

Regards

rockdrummer

« Reply #8 on: 22 Mar 2020, 03:10 pm »
Danny, really glad to hear your are so busy. Don’t want anyone falling on financial hardship, and many are. Good luck to everyone.

Up here in MN, I’m enjoying my GR subs and super minis SO MUCH! VOCES8 sounds so good with my Folsom 7297, a Bottlehead Quickie and Apple Music. Not a great source, and my room is not treated at all so far.

Lots of listening time and I hope everyone is well.
Ben

Captainhemo

« Reply #9 on: 22 Mar 2020, 04:57 pm »
Jay / Danny how ya doing?

I have 6 16 ohm drivers still in the box. I'm just now swapping drivers from a non servo driver to a servo driver in the double
OB cabinets, I got from you.  I want 8 ohms. I see you need a few. One driver was looked at other than that. NOS. perfect.

If you guys have a customer waiting on 16 ohm drivers and would swap me for 8 ohm. I don't want to be out money. Shipping?

I also need a single double, have to check on the amp, I may want a different one.. XLR, maybe..

If I can help let me know.  I'm sure someone will want them..

Regards

Nice offer  :thumb:
You  can email me if you want to discuss the single cabinet

jay
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2020, 06:33 pm by Captainhemo »