INNUOS Zenith Mk3 with iPeng Problems

fado

INNUOS Zenith Mk3 with iPeng Problems
« on: 10 Jul 2020, 08:43 pm »
I recently got the INNUOS Zenith Mk3 server and am trying Tidal as the streaming service. I am not yet ready to try Roon so I am using the iPeng app as suggested in the Zenith Mk3 manual. iPeng will find the Zenith Mk3 and will play digital files stored in its memory but I cannot get it to find and connect with Tidal to stream my playlists. Need help. Thanks

avta

Re: INNUOS Zenith Mk3 with iPeng Problems
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2020, 11:40 pm »
You might contact support which I have found very helpful; in the past.   http://penguinlovesmusic.de/about/

JackD

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2020, 01:35 am »
Or reach out to rollo by pm as he is an Innuos dealer.

fado

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2020, 04:21 pm »
Thanks, I did get it working last night but have no idea how I did it. I just hope it works today.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2020, 08:35 pm »
  We were having some issues with Tidal. All fixed now. Contact Innuos next time they will help. We highly recommend iPeng over Roon. Thanks JackD.

charles

Endo2112

• Particularist
« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2020, 05:09 am »
Does Ipeng have all the same features as Roon?? filters, dsp, etc.?? I mean I use Roon and it works flawlessly, what would the up-sell be??

Don

rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 15 Sep 2020, 03:40 pm »
Does Ipeng have all the same features as Roon?? filters, dsp, etc.?? I mean I use Roon and it works flawlessly, what would the up-sell be??

Don

Hi Don, No DSP or filters. No need and sounds better than Roon as per customer input not me.

charles

Endo2112

• Particularist
« Reply #7 on: 15 Sep 2020, 04:00 pm »
Fair enough for those folks who have the perfect speakers for a perfect room, however for the rest of us, or at least me and my experience the speaker usually needs a bit of this or that (an extra bit of mid-bass), or perhaps the tweeter is a bit whispy(hot) and need a slight knock down, Roon is very good at making these slight adjustments while keeping this speakers sonic integrity. I respect the purist's point of view, but I for one like (need) the flexibility. Not trying to crap on this ipeng product, i'd actually never heard of it before yesterday and was curious about the perceived benefits.

Cheers,

Don

rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 15 Sep 2020, 07:46 pm »
Fair enough for those folks who have the perfect speakers for a perfect room, however for the rest of us, or at least me and my experience the speaker usually needs a bit of this or that (an extra bit of mid-bass), or perhaps the tweeter is a bit whispy(hot) and need a slight knock down, Roon is very good at making these slight adjustments while keeping this speakers sonic integrity. I respect the purist's point of view, but I for one like (need) the flexibility. Not trying to crap on this ipeng product, i'd actually never heard of it before yesterday and was curious about the perceived benefits.

Cheers,

Don

Don whatever works for ya. In your setup Roon is King. Cool. Enjoy it.

charles

Oldears

« Reply #9 on: 9 Dec 2020, 06:05 pm »
I recently bought an Ayre Codex to use with my Innuos Zen mini mk II. I had a lot of USB communication problems, which were solved by going to the very basic USB cable supplied by Ayre. Both Ayre and Innuos remarked that using an upgrade USB cable may or may not work. In my case the Wire World USB-Link cable bought from Schiit (who also caution against "yak-hair" upgrade cables) did not work with the Codex.
While troubleshooting, I found that the latest firmware from Innuos is 1.4.6. My unit was at 1.4.5 and when I tried to upgrade, it said I "was up to date" until Monday when I was able to update. The 1.4.6 firmware has some improved handling for Tidal problems, improved options for DSP and will be necessary before upgrading to firmware 2.0. The new 2.0 version will include a player mode, and according to Innuos will be available in "a few weeks".

Oldears

« Reply #10 on: 29 Jan 2021, 08:16 pm »
Another intermediate update 1.4.7 is now available from Innuos. It is another library update and has some Tidal benefits. No date given for the 2.0 update which should include a player app. Note that after the 1.4.6 update my Straightwire USB cable worked with the Ayre Codex.

krustykat

« Reply #11 on: 30 Jan 2021, 12:08 am »
After the 1.4.6 update I was finally able to use my Zenith MK3 as both Roon server and client with my Vinnie Rossi 2.0 Dac.  After using it like this for a few days, stability issues caused me to revert back to my old Roon server and the Zenith MK3 as a Roon endpoint.  I hoped that the 1.4.7 update might help, but when I requested the update it said that 1.4.6 was the latest version.  Not sure why, but I'll check back for the update in a few days.