Welcome to GAS

MerRev

Re: Welcome to GAS
« Reply #120 on: 28 Jun 2009, 11:54 pm »
I just stumbled on to this site and was impressed with the systems and community. By way of introduction, I live in South City and have the following system: Thiel CS3.7's (still breaking in) Classe Delta 2200 amp,  Meitner Supermodified BiDat DAC, CEC TL5100 Belt-driven transport, Shunyata power gear and Harmonic Tech wire.

Sounds like a great system to say the least Vance.  :thumb:  There's plenty of tube pre's in this group to go round.  A few of us mentioned trying to be more active this summer even if it is just a small gathering. It's good to see another crazy.

jwes

« Reply #121 on: 29 Jun 2009, 12:13 am »
Hi everyone,

Well, I spent the last 1 1/2 years thinking I was moving quickly, and now I'm staying.  So, I just was curious about how to get involved.  I live in Clayton (north part near U City).  I'm not sure if my system is still there in the footer, but basically a modded Modwright Transporter, Red Wine audio Isabella pre, monoblock Spectron Musician III Mk 2's, Dali Euphonia MS4 speakers, and all cables (power, interconnect, speakers) are ASI Liveline.  Oh, and I use also for home theater - just two channel - have my flat screen and cable box hooked up.  Use a PS Audio PPP for conditioning.  Anyway, I hope to meet with folks soon...

Jim

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #122 on: 29 Jun 2009, 12:32 am »
Looks like you'll fit right in Jim.  :wink:  Nice equipment!
Keep an eye here on the GAS Circle for upcoming get togethers.

Welcome to GAS.  aa

Bob

p.s. Score another HT dude for the STL crowd.  8)

steve k

« Reply #123 on: 29 Jun 2009, 03:58 am »
Welcome aboard Jim. Nice system. Looking forward to meeting another Gasser!
steve

BigRick

• Gateway Audio Society
« Reply #124 on: 29 Jun 2009, 04:31 am »
Hey guys and gals I'm finally movng back to stl from como, I'm psyched to hear some of your systems and start building on my theater.  If anyone has any job openings for me, I would be psyched, send me a pm if you know of anything.  Thanks to all of you before for helping me figure out my sub situation, I ended up with the hsu10 from parts express and haven't looked back, now I just want to get another one.

jwes

« Reply #125 on: 29 Jun 2009, 03:46 pm »
Thanks for the welcome guys!  Look forward to meeting you!   :thumb:

Jim

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #126 on: 29 Jun 2009, 04:07 pm »
Nice avatar Jim.  8) Very cool.

Bob

electricbear

« Reply #127 on: 30 Jun 2009, 07:51 pm »
Wow a whole bunch of new victims, I mean fellow audiophiles.
Welcome one and all.

jwes

« Reply #128 on: 30 Jun 2009, 08:15 pm »
Nice avatar Jim.  8) Very cool.

Bob

Thanks Bob!   :thumb:  I figure that with the nature of a lot of the dialogue these days we all could use a little old fashioned pride in our country.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #129 on: 30 Jun 2009, 10:52 pm »
Amen Brother.
The beer's on me the first time we meet.  8)

Bob

sturgus

« Reply #130 on: 30 Jun 2009, 11:13 pm »
Looks like I'am a little late to the party. I extend a big hearty welcome to Vance and Jim and hope to meet you fellows soon. Hey, Big Rick it's good to see you are coming back to town maybe you can hang out with a few of us audionuts and tell some lies  :lol:
Sturgus

Blackmore

« Reply #131 on: 1 Jul 2009, 12:14 am »
Great to have some new guys along for the ride.  Welcome to the GAS gang. We need to have a mini-GTG soon.  Mac's bash is still a long way off.  Anybody up for some listening soon?   

Scott F.

« Reply #132 on: 1 Jul 2009, 02:45 am »
Welcome aboard guys  :thumb:

When it comes to gatherings, we've got Christmas in September coming soon at my place :xmas:

vhiner

« Reply #133 on: 2 Jul 2009, 12:07 am »
Thanks for all the greetings, guys!  :D Except for the first week of August, I'd be game for a get together any time. Looks like a great group and I can't wait to hear your gear. I'm also always looking for audiophile recordings of every genre.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #134 on: 2 Jul 2009, 03:08 pm »
Welcome all!  Sorry to be a bit late.  Been pretty busy lately.

It's a great bunch of guys.  I think we have a tentative GTG July 25th and then Scott's place in September.  I'm going to see if I can get something maybe in August at my place. 

We also still need to figure out when we're going to do the caravan this year.  Tried to do it earlier but too many conflicts.  It's a great time wandering around the local audio shops, record stores, etc.

Bryan

vhiner

« Reply #135 on: 4 Jul 2009, 04:51 pm »
Just thought I'd pass along to newcomers how great GAS is and I've only been involved for a few days. Steve and Sturg came over on Friday for a VTL preamp listening party (courtesy of Steve!) and we had a blast. You won't meet cooler or more knowledgable dudes. :thumb: Unfortunately, now I've got to look for a way to invest in tube gear. Thanks guys.  :lol:

Vance

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #136 on: 4 Jul 2009, 04:58 pm »
Unfortunately, now I've got to look for a way to invest in tube gear. Thanks guys.  :lol:
Yea Vance, they 'got' me too.   :lol:
You'll be buying both a turntable and a SqueezeBox soon if you're not careful.  :rotflmao:

Bob

vhiner

« Reply #137 on: 4 Jul 2009, 05:08 pm »
Bob,

One thing at a time, Bob!  :rotflmao:

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #138 on: 4 Jul 2009, 05:17 pm »
Yea, I said the same thing too.  :jester:
Looking forward to meeting the new fellas ASAP!

Bob

wedweb

« Reply #139 on: 5 Jul 2009, 09:57 pm »
Welcome to the group....
and wanted to add another rolling head ......  :rotflmao: