DVA R2X

mr_bill

DVA R2X
« on: 7 Jun 2023, 10:31 pm »
Hi,
Anyone have experience with this product. Looks like it does what it says and was designed for. Nice solution.
If you aren’t needing to run long interconnects from converter to amps what is difference between using DVA R2X and just using interconnects with rca on one end and xlr on the other? 

I.Greyhound Fan

Re: DVA R2X
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jun 2023, 01:44 am »
I used one when I reviewed the 225's for Frank.  It works well.

danielgk

• AVA engineer/technicion
« Reply #2 on: 8 Jun 2023, 10:29 am »
Using interconnects with rca on one end and xlr on the other, if done correctly, will deliver the analog signal to the + side and zero (gnd) to the - side.  This will use one of the amplifier boards in the M225 and be the equivalent of a SET120:  60 watts.

The R2X will deliver the analog signal to the + side and an inverted (180 degree out of phase) copy of the signal to the - side.   This will use both amplifier boards in the M225 and be around 225 watts.

Dan

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 8 Jun 2023, 02:47 pm »
As I had no balanced equipment in my system prior to the M225s it was a simple solution to making the signal conversion. Unit is compact, quality construction (as with all Frank's gear), and works great.

Thanks for the technical info Dan, a very important consideration.

mr_bill

« Reply #4 on: 8 Jun 2023, 02:55 pm »
Using interconnects with rca on one end and xlr on the other, if done correctly, will deliver the analog signal to the + side and zero (gnd) to the - side.  This will use one of the amplifier boards in the M225 and be the equivalent of a SET120:  60 watts.

The R2X will deliver the analog signal to the + side and an inverted (180 degree out of phase) copy of the signal to the - side.   This will use both amplifier boards in the M225 and be around 225 watts.

Dan

Dan, thank you.
I’m looking at using this for now with other amplifiers than M225 - is it still the same benefit then with other balanced amps?  Hope to someday have M225s too.  :D

avahifi

« Reply #5 on: 8 Jun 2023, 05:27 pm »
Our R2X  converter should work just fine with any pair of balanced amplifiers.

Frank