FS: Audio Analogue Paganini CD player ~Excellent~ $450 *SOLD*

akanrg

This is the first edition of the Audio Analogue Paganini CD Player, hand crafted in Italy. A very hard find here in North America. This one is finished in silver and comes with remote and manual.

The overall construction and build quality of the Paganini is superb. The fit and feel is strictly first class.

The Paganini is smooth, detailed with almost no digital harshness. While being analytical, the Paganini never sounded harsh or aggressive, remaining smooth and enjoyable. I found that listening fatigue was totally absent.

The Paganini is a rather heavy CD player at 23 pounds, solidly built and superbly finished.

The on/off switch is located in the rear panel, close to the IEC power socket. A digital coaxial output is available plus a switch that allows to turn it off when the CD player is working as a stand-alone unit. The remote is the typical plastic variety with blue face and fits the hand nicely.

Technically the Paganini consists of a modified Sony KSL-2101ABM transport coupled with a CS4390 24 bit Crystal D/A converter. Inside the cabinent you find the quality of the craftsmanship is simply a work of art, not often found today.

This is CD done right, only reason for parting with this one is I bought it's bigger brother, the Audio Analogue Maestro cdp and I no longer use it.

This unit is fully operational, no glitches.

Specifications:

Analogue Output Level: 2 Vrms

Analogue Output Impedance: 221.5 ohms

Digital Output Level: 0.5 Vpp @ 75W (S/PDIF standard)

Digital Processing: 24 bit dual differential with 128X delta - sigma modulator

Frequency Response: 20-20.000 Hz

Channel Separation: R®L 100 dB; L®R 100 dB

Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.001% @ 1kHz/-10dB

Analog Filter: 2nd order Butterworth type

Nominal voltage supply: 115VAC / 230VAC 50/60Hz

Max. power consumption: 20VA

Overall dimensions: 17.52" (W); 13" (D); 3.5" (H)

Net Weight: 22.5 lbs.

Original MSRP $1.395 USD

Audiogon Bluebook value is $730 USD. I'm selling mine for $450 plus actual shipping cost.

High res photos are available upon request.

Serious inquiries only.

Thanks for looking,
Cheers

« Last Edit: 7 Dec 2008, 08:36 pm by akanrg »

akanrg

Bump
« Last Edit: 7 Dec 2008, 08:36 pm by akanrg »