OzarkTom

Re: Latest Live Shows You've Been To...
« Reply #1040 on: 22 Jun 2013, 11:12 pm »
Saw Neon Trees with son-in-law.

aragon63

• Dorian, Lydian, Phrygian,Jazz Minor
« Reply #1041 on: 23 Jun 2013, 12:29 am »

Saw The WallFlowers at Stamford downtown alive at 5 summer concert series .  Michael McDonald  takes the stage on 8/15.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1042 on: 2 Jul 2013, 03:40 pm »
Fleetwood Mac at the Spokane Arena, June 29. They played for 2:45. Great show with two encores. :thumb:

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #1043 on: 2 Jul 2013, 04:01 pm »
Saw Blues Traveler at a benefit for Child and Family Services this past Sunday. The management uncharacteristically allowed drinking in the seats. So as things go here in NH, half the audience was drunk the other half shocked. The band loved it and put on a great performance.

Doc

Brad

« Reply #1044 on: 15 Jul 2013, 11:27 pm »
Last Saturday, I saw Roger Creager, longtime Texas country musician, for the first time.
I actually went to see the opening guy, Josh Grider, who is a regular on the Troubadour TX tv show.
Josh was quite good, even covered some Pink Floyd.
But Roger was fantastic.   :thumb: The man is a performer.  Solid tunes and definitely not a fit for Nashville.
He is from Corpus and has some hooks into the S. Texas vibe.  He brought his Dad out for a song near the end of the show that they sang in Spanish.

Go see him if you have the chance. 

He is doing 4 nights this week at Gruene Hall, as part of his birthday bash.  2 nights are acoustic, and a variety of other musicians will be opening and playing with him.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #1045 on: 17 Jul 2013, 03:53 pm »
Went to the Eagles concert last night with a lovely lady friend at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.  Sold out show and they rocked the house, bringing it down over and over with a history of their hits.  It was The History of the Eagles Tour after all.  The band is still so very tight, all the cues and all the notes so perfectly right on, they don't sound the least bit like an old band.  Vocally Fry and Walsh did take one song to warm up, and were spot on perfect after that, Henley was awesome right out of the gate.  It was fun, a great mix of their songs, a couple of improvisations, maybe a slight excess of Walsh's single hits, but everybody loves him anyway so it just made it more fun.  Four encores with Desperado ending the show, I was nearly in tears, best show I've seen in years, highly recommended if tickets can be had in your area. 

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1046 on: 17 Jul 2013, 04:16 pm »
Went to the Eagles concert last night with a lovely lady friend at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.  Sold out show and they rocked the house, bringing it down over and over with a history of their hits.  It was The History of the Eagles Tour after all.  The band is still so very tight, all the cues and all the notes so perfectly right on, they don't sound the least bit like an old band.  Vocally Fry and Walsh did take one song to warm up, and were spot on perfect after that, Henley was awesome right out of the gate.  It was fun, a great mix of their songs, a couple of improvisations, maybe a slight excess of Walsh's single hits, but everybody loves him anyway so it just made it more fun.  Four encores with Desperado ending the show, I was nearly in tears, best show I've seen in years, highly recommended if tickets can be had in your area.

Thanks for the post. I have tickets to see them Monday night at the Version Center. Can't wait.

shahed

« Reply #1047 on: 17 Jul 2013, 04:27 pm »
I've already been to 10+ major concerts this year so far. The last three was: 'Postal Service' at Barclays Center, Brooklyn, Governors Ball Music Festival in Randall Island (a lot of great artists over 3 days) and 'The National' at Barclays Center.

krikor

• Initiative comes to those who wait.
    • AudioSnoop.com
« Reply #1048 on: 17 Jul 2013, 05:30 pm »
Went to our first major concert last Sunday since our daughter was born - quad bill:

Bob Dylan - uggh, what did he say? About halfway through I told my wife if she could identify four words he sings in the next song, we'd stay for a bit longer. We went home.

Wilco - YESSSSSS, always enjoyable and the main reason we went, finished off with a great cover of the Beatles' "Tomorrow Never Knows" (not your usual fab four cover) along with MMJ and RT, made for a very full stage

My Morning Jacket - saw them once before and thought they were OK, but not stupendous (kind of pop disco-y sounding a lot of the time), same impression

Richard Thompson - missed him completely (DANG!), due to poopy diaper and getting the sitter all squared away

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #1049 on: 24 Jul 2013, 05:12 pm »
Went to see One Night with Janis Joplin at Arena Stage.  Mary Bridget Davies does more than cover Janis.  It's theater and not just a concert, so she acts Janis rather than just sing her songs.  She does a pretty good job.

Take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5YGJa318D8

I was impressed.  I recommend it highly.   :thumb:  Only a couple more weeks left and then it's supposed to hit Broadway.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1050 on: 4 Aug 2013, 04:08 pm »
Eagles at the Version Center on July 22. Great 3 hour show with 2 encores. They were tight and harmonizing as well as ever. Nice to see Bernie Leadon with them.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #1051 on: 4 Aug 2013, 05:31 pm »
Thievery Corporation at Red Rocks last night... great show!  :thumb:

aragon63

• Dorian, Lydian, Phrygian,Jazz Minor
« Reply #1052 on: 8 Aug 2013, 10:05 pm »
 Chick Corea & The Virgil  at Columbus Park , Stamford CT

Chick Corea; piano
 Tim Garland; saxes, flute and bass clarinet
 Christian McBride; bass
 Marcus Glimore,; drums
 Charles Altura; guitar

putz

« Reply #1053 on: 9 Aug 2013, 12:06 am »
An Evening with Todd Rundgren. One hour and 50 minutes of Todd and his band in great form. He's still got it. Vocals were a little hoarse at the start of the show then were smooth as silk the rest of the night.

WireNut

« Reply #1054 on: 10 Aug 2013, 12:36 pm »
The Artistocrats, Guthrie Govan , Bryan Beller, and Marco Minnemann. Newport KY. 8-9-2013. Great show.

« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2013, 06:56 pm by WireNut »

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1055 on: 10 Aug 2013, 02:09 pm »
The Doobie Brothers and Steve Miller Band at Red Rocks Amphitheater, Morrison Colorado, Aug 4. The Doobies flat out ROCKED!

CactusBob

• < Desert Rat >
« Reply #1056 on: 10 Aug 2013, 03:36 pm »
Chick Corea & The Virgil  at Columbus Park , Stamford CT

Chick Corea; piano
 Tim Garland; saxes, flute and bass clarinet
 Christian McBride; bass
 Marcus Glimore,; drums
 Charles Altura; guitar

Awesome!! The Great Chick Corea!!  :bowdown:

I wish they would play down here!

CactusBob

• < Desert Rat >
« Reply #1057 on: 10 Aug 2013, 03:40 pm »
The last show I attended was John Scofield's Uberjam a couple weeks ago in Scottsdale.

Andre2

« Reply #1058 on: 16 Aug 2013, 01:06 am »
Jason Bohman's Led Zeppelin Experience - great 50 minute show.  I loved it, the drums and vocals were really fantastic.  Guitar lead was good, although does not come close to Jimmy Page. 

They actually opened for Heart yesterday in Houston. (I walked out after third Heart song... Heart is good, but not for me. really.)

shahed

« Reply #1059 on: 16 Aug 2013, 03:44 pm »
Wild Nothing and Father John Misty (aka Joshua TillMan) in Terminal 5, NYC