What interconnects and cables do you use for NuForce amps?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Post your favorite interconnects and cables here, including power cords.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2005, 05:25 pm »
Quote from: mmakshak
Didn't you have a site(?) that was going to deal with associated equipment?  I can't find it.  Anyway, I was going to recommend the Signal Cable silver resolution interconnects and speaker cable, as recommended to me and used in the Stereotimes review.  I am also using Oritek X-1 interconnects(highly recommended if your system is lacking in harmonics) between my RCA phono box and transformer.  I would like further recommendations on a balanced preamp-note I only listen to analog.

I copied this post to where it belongs.

earthpulse

« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2005, 06:07 pm »
I'm using Volex power cords, and Ven Haus interconnects (in favor of MIT, and Magnan).

Beano

« Reply #3 on: 12 Aug 2005, 03:27 pm »
I am using silver RS Cables for ICs. I reckon silver ICs provide better details and airiness for my setup. YMMV.

For speaker cables. Cheapest I have tried which are very good value for money is the Belden 8461(less than $1/Metre).  Currently using Analysis Plus Oval 9 which is slightly better than the Belden for mids but significantly better for bass extension. Also borrowed a Xindak FS-2 silver/copper hybrid and reckoned it was better in terms of details and airiness than the AP 9 but the mids and bass were not as thick as the AP9. But costing only over $200, I reckon its better value for money.

Doc Jr 8156

« Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2005, 05:16 pm »
Acoustic Zen Matrix II for ICs and Virtual Dynamics Power 1's for PC.  Godspeed.

WerTicus

« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2005, 06:39 pm »
1.5mm magnet wire 2x strands for earth, nuteral and hot.  Sounds tastic, cost zero.

interconnect is 5 strands of hair fine solid copper magnet wire again, for hot earth and nuteral (balanced)

tvyankee

« Reply #6 on: 12 Aug 2005, 07:51 pm »
hello,

i have been using twisted pair design with good results.i know it sounds alittle bias because i sell them but i have tried alot of different ones and i have to say these cables sound very good with these amps.

i have tried silver and i have not been as happy with the sound as with the copper.

it is all about how it sounds to you though.

William Crane

• Industry Participant
    • http://cranehometheater.com/
« Reply #7 on: 12 Aug 2005, 08:21 pm »
My Power cords are DH Labs Power Plus AC Cables. It provides great shielding so no RFI from the switching power supply travels back along the power cord and radiates out to your other gear. The full dynamics of the NuForce amp come through and the noise floor is lowered. I didn’t experience as good of results using Nordost Eldorado (a twisted pair design) power cords.

I use Analysis Plus Oval 9 speaker cables and the Solo Crystal Oval interconnects. I have found that this proven technology from Analysis Plus is excellent for transferring a signal with minimal change from one end of the cable to the other. Cables shouldn’t be used as filters, otherwise you need to look elsewhere in your system for the culprit and correct it there for best overall results.

KrK

« Reply #8 on: 15 Aug 2005, 05:52 pm »
Power cords fron Belden.

Before the 8.01 updat I use copper interconnects from ensemble wich give me an excellent value for the money. But after the update I got my silver interconnects from AudioNote. These gave me an excellent soundstage and a unbeleavable bottom and detail.  Interconnects type: Audionote AN-Vx, Speakercable AN-Vz.

hometheaterdoc

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 16 Aug 2005, 03:36 pm »
The ref8s and ref8bs seem to respond well to changes in cables.  I have used cabling from Analysis Plus, Sonoran (Star Sound Technologies wire line), IXOS's IXOTICA top line interconnects, Rapport (Usher Audio's house brand), and some home brews to great effect.  The amps clearly allow you to hear the differences in cables.

I personally really like the Analysis plus solo crystal oval interconnects with them.  A neutral enough cable to get out of the way and let you hear what the amp can do with no apparent flavor of its own.  The Rapport stuff adds a little bit of smoothness and warmth, which makes the amps sound even more like a great tube amp.....  such a weird experience that a switching amp sounds like a tube amp, at least from the point of having no grain and no apparent harshness through the middle registers...

Beano

« Reply #10 on: 16 Aug 2005, 06:53 pm »
Quote from: William         Crane
My Power cords are DH Labs Power Plus AC Cables. It provides great shielding so no RFI from the switching power supply travels back along the power cord and radiates out to your other gear. The full dynamics of the NuForce amp come through and the noise floor is lowered. I didn’t experience as good of results using Nordost Eldorado (a twisted pair design) power cords.

I am also currently auditioning the DH labs power cable and it seems better  on my set up than Beldens. The DH labs seems a touch warmer and smoother.  But I thought the DH lab design doesnt have shielding either, just a twisted design too?  Anyway, they are pretty cheap if bought in DIY cord form, so it seems value for $.

mmakshak

Cables
« Reply #11 on: 25 Aug 2005, 05:26 am »
With my Nuforce 8.01b(which has now become so sophisticated that if there is a problem with the sound, I would look into your(and my) setup.  I use Volex as power cords, Silver Resolution interconnects(between my RCA junction box and moving coil transformer), Silver Resolution speaker cables(thanks Plato), and Eichmann Express 6 mk1 interconnects between preamp and amp.

mmakshak

Interconnects for Nuforce
« Reply #12 on: 19 Sep 2005, 06:19 am »
I want to mention a total bargain out there.  It's currently on ebay.  It's under Elf Audio.  It's basically a ccc(continuous cast copper)-he calls it occ , but it's the same.  It substantially beat two $200 interconnects that I have.  It's only on about 30 hours of the 72 hour recommended burn-in.  If you see my moniker, you will understand where I'm coming from.  It comes in the regular mail in about 3 days, and costs $54.50 delivered to your door.

mmakshak

My last post
« Reply #13 on: 30 Sep 2005, 05:42 pm »
I was hoping Plato read my last post.  He turned me on to the Signal Cable silver resolutions(both interconnects and speaker cable).  The areas that Elf audio beat both of my $200 interconnects were dynamics(with one) and midrange congestion(the other).  An example would be "The Byrds" "Untitled", the song was "Nashville West", an instumental.  I had never heard that they were actually singing along to the song(especially towards the end-as far as hearing this.).  I will be getting a Linn lp12, ekos, naked archiv, Lingo, and Mana table soon, so I will be in better situation to evaluate these outstanding interconnects.

Beano

« Reply #14 on: 1 Oct 2005, 03:00 am »
Hi mmakshak,  I did a search on ebay for Elf Audio but it didnt turn up anything.  Could you post a link  to their site? Thanks

mmakshak

Elf audio on ebay
« Reply #15 on: 11 Oct 2005, 04:00 pm »
When I first went back to ebay, this interconnect was still on there.  Later, he had two different wire products instead.  Just now, I looked on the internet and the third one down had Elf Audio.  I know that he has posted a lot on audio asylum.  One guy told me that his site doesn't mention the $50 interconnects.  He is a good guy, so you might try emailing him.  I just want to mention that this is a great way to try ccc and probably won't kill expensive interconnects(although some that may lack a little in the design area might be shown-up).  I wanted to post something right away, so I haven't looked at his site yet.

mmakshak

Elf Audio's $50 ccc interconnects
« Reply #16 on: 13 Oct 2005, 05:22 pm »
People have told me that they couldn't find these on ebay.  I just looked and, if you get Elf Audio on the internet, you can find these under specialty cables.

mmakshak

Interconnects?
« Reply #17 on: 20 Oct 2005, 05:24 pm »
I just wanted to post something so I could mention this album.

Adamay

shielded vs unshielded IC's
« Reply #18 on: 7 Nov 2005, 09:52 pm »
Has anybody compared shielded vs unshielded IC's with the Nuforces?  I am wondering if there is any RFI problem (from the amps) with unshielded IC's.  (Assuming a shielded power cord -- I mean RFI from the amps themselves.)  Thanks in advance.

JAMn Joe

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.jamnaudio.com
« Reply #19 on: 7 Nov 2005, 11:26 pm »
I would highly recommend auditioning the Revelation Audio Labs silver interconnects and speaker cable with the Ref9's. I have wired our primary demo system with these cables and the results have been phenomenal.

I currently have a Stealth Indra interconnect hear that I am using to evaluate the interconnect cables against and I prefer the sound of the Revealtion Audio Labs cable. The Indra to my ears and several other people that have sat in and tried the comparison is that the Indra is a little warmer but at the expense of clarity, detail, definition and overall presentation. The Revelations take you much deeper into the music, you hear more things effortlessly. They are sligtly more forward but they do not come across as harsh or bright as you would expect from some silver cables.

I'm having a hard time believing my own ears as my expectations where that the $5000+ Indra was going to blow these cables away but that's just not the case. I highly recommend calling Brad and doing your own evaluation. They certainly make the Ref9's sound spectacular.

The current demo/testing configuration is bi-amped ref9's driving SP Technology Loudspeaker Continuum AD speakers using a Modwright SWL9.0 SE linestage and a Modwright Denon 3910 Universal player with the Ultimate Truth Mods. I have also used the Stello 2000 CD transport and DAC in the evaluations and tested using ACI's new Sapphire XL speakers. Power cables are from Virtual Dynamics with Power 3's driving the Ref9's and the source equipment and a David power cable on the preamp. The results with all configurations are the same, superb sound!

If you auditon these cables and get the same synergy and magic that I have, your system should be elevated to another level of enjoyment. Highly recommended with the Ref9's!

http://www.revelationaudiolabs.com