What jazz ALBUM are you currently listening to?

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: What jazz ALBUM are you currently listening to?
« Reply #19920 on: 18 Oct 2019, 06:22 pm »
Welcome back, Asimov. I noticed your absence and wondered if you were okay.

I'm listening to Jacintha "Autumn Leaves".

I'm afraid I do not know how to upload a photo such that it shows in my post. Hints, anyone?

bsleepy

« Reply #19921 on: 18 Oct 2019, 07:00 pm »
Smokin' At The Half Note - Wynton Kelly Trio w/ Wes Montgomery

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #19922 on: 18 Oct 2019, 11:39 pm »

I'm afraid I do not know how to upload a photo such that it shows in my post. Hints, anyone?

Ok Michael, it's a process, but once used to it not a long one. Partially dependent on which browser you're using, but similar base procedure.

If you use Amazon Digital, or allmusic (I believe you now have to download/install an app from them now to access image data, at least I can't with IE11) the files will be 500x500 resolution. Works best for the page setup here. Discogs images are around 600x600. If it gets too big (ie in excess of 800x I think) it causes scroll bars at bottom of the post to view it, and kind of makes the thread difficult to view. If you use Amazon CD images, those can vary a lot, but can be re-sized in most cases. If you are using an image of your own, simply upload to your gallery, then reference it from there. You might PM Pumpkinman if you are figuring to use your phone to snap & post, he can give you a better idea on that, I simply use stock pics for the most part.

You'll want two tabs open to do this. One here with the Post Reply box open, one wherever you are grabbing your image address. In IE11 you go to your image source, place arrow on image, right click, select properties. There will be an HTTPS: address listed, highlight & do a 'control C' (copy & paste process). In Foxfire right click, select Copy Image Location/Address. Back to the AC 'post' box, select the far left box just above the smileys here, left click, it will insert a pair of bracketed text, check that the cursor is sitting between the bracketed "img" text, hit cntrl V (paste). This part works with either IE or Foxfire to copy the image location. For info, if the image is from Amazon CD & Vinyl, it will often have a sizing factor in the address which will appear as SL****. So if you see SL1500 in the copied address, you simply go into the address with the cursor, delete the '1', and you've resized the image to 500x500.

To load samples, much the same process except you use the page address for the album from Azon, allmusic, Discogs, whatever, 'copy', then use the 2nd to left box above the smileys, left click, check cursor is between the bracketed text, and control V to paste. That will provide a link to the music samples. To tweak that so it shows as "samples", or the album name, backspace over the closing bracket of the 1st pair, type in an '=', then paste the address, then type a new closing bracket ']'. Then you can type between the bracket sets and that is what shows in the post.

Or, if you are more visual than verbal, pick anyone's post here in the Jazz thread or in the "What music are you listening to now" thread with a picture, hit "quote", and take a look at what is shown in their post information in the text box. I've tried to explain it to a couple of folks, and generally got the feedback I'd made it clear as mud, ymmv. I noodled it out years back studying lonewolf's posts, and trial & error. I always do a "Preview" before I post, just to make sure I've got things right. Once you get it down it might take all of 1.5 - 2 minutes depending on where you go for images & samples.

Hope this helps, some anyway. If you have any other questions on this feel free to PM me.   :thumb:

JD
« Last Edit: 19 Oct 2019, 05:15 pm by ArthurDent »

Asimov

« Reply #19923 on: 19 Oct 2019, 01:29 am »
:thumb:   Really good to see you back in the neighborhood Asimov.  8)  Hope all has been well with you, we've missed your offerings.  :D

Ralph Towner - John Abercrombie:    Five Years Later        '82

Thanks, Arthur for remembering me. Yes, I was otherwise busy, hope to be active from now on.

Often I get back to this album:

Asimov

« Reply #19924 on: 19 Oct 2019, 01:40 am »

I am glad you noticed my absence! I was otherwise busy but from now on hope to share my playlist regularly.

For uploading the album image, I google the Artist and Album name and select the Images tab in Google page and right-click on the image and
copy image address. Then click the "Insert Image" button on the reply window and paste the copied image address. That's it.
Now listening to the album, listening to it after a long time.

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #19925 on: 19 Oct 2019, 12:18 pm »

ArthurDent

« Reply #19926 on: 19 Oct 2019, 05:20 pm »
Thanks, Arthur for remembering me. Yes, I was otherwise busy, hope to be active from now on.

Often I get back to this album:

Good one Asimov. Perfect example, I think it was you who reminded me of Ahmad's work, and how sweet he plays. I'd not listened to him for years, I now have several of his albums.  8)

richidoo

« Reply #19927 on: 19 Oct 2019, 10:37 pm »

Asimov

« Reply #19928 on: 20 Oct 2019, 12:06 pm »

Asimov

« Reply #19929 on: 20 Oct 2019, 12:21 pm »

Asimov

« Reply #19930 on: 20 Oct 2019, 12:21 pm »
Good one Asimov. Perfect example, I think it was you who reminded me of Ahmad's work, and how sweet he plays. I'd not listened to him for years, I now have several of his albums.  8)

:thumb: :thumb:

Asimov

« Reply #19931 on: 20 Oct 2019, 01:00 pm »

AudioDwebe

« Reply #19932 on: 20 Oct 2019, 02:57 pm »
Easing into a Sunday morning with Arild Andersen's The Triangle.

When in the mood, it's hard to beat ECM recordings.

ArthurDent

« Reply #19933 on: 20 Oct 2019, 05:44 pm »
Easing into a Sunday morning with Arild Andersen's The Triangle.

When in the mood, it's hard to beat ECM recordings.

Got that right re: ECM AudioDwebe.  :thumb:  Not familiar with Arlid, but will check it out. & Welcome to AC.  8)

ArthurDent

« Reply #19934 on: 21 Oct 2019, 03:08 am »

John Abercrombie Quartet:      Arcade           '79

ArthurDent

« Reply #19935 on: 21 Oct 2019, 04:24 am »

John Abercrombie Quartet:  Live     '80

etcarroll

« Reply #19936 on: 21 Oct 2019, 11:38 am »

Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis & Johnny Griffin ‎– Battle Stations
Label: Original Jazz Classics ‎– OJCCD-1085-2, Prestige ‎– P-7282
Format: CD, Reissue, Remastered

Asimov

« Reply #19937 on: 22 Oct 2019, 12:25 pm »

Asimov

« Reply #19938 on: 22 Oct 2019, 01:19 pm »

etcarroll

« Reply #19939 on: 22 Oct 2019, 02:25 pm »

Duke Ellington & John Coltrane ‎– Duke Ellington & John Coltrane
'74 reissue with the semi-hideous green ABC Impulse! label. Label issue aside, I love the song 'In A Sentimental Mood' on a rainy Tuesday morn.