HAL's MS-3 Music Server and dspMusik 6x8 DSP crossover and HiRez DAC's

TomS

TomS,
No, but dpd will have an MS-3 and dspMusik for demo's.

Just got back from Texas and getting ready for Axpona.  Will not make it to the event.
Oh ok, I'll see you at Axpona then!

HAL

Sounds good!  See you then!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Oh ok, I'll see you at Axpona then!
Wish I was going.   :(

HAL

jtwrace,
If you are going to RMAF, I plan to be there as well. 

Was talking to Danny and he is still thinking about RMAF this year.  Have an idea, but have to see how things progress before I say anything.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
jtwrace,
If you are going to RMAF, I plan to be there as well. 

Was talking to Danny and he is still thinking about RMAF this year.  Have an idea, but have to see how things progress before I say anything.
Cool.  I'm planning on it but we shall see.  Should be good for my 11th though. 

I'll be interested in learning about your idea should it come to fruition. 

Tubeburner

I purchased the HAL MS-3 a couple weeks ago. I was up and running last weekend. Amazing little music server that is dead quiet, easy to use and set up in about one hour. The whole experience has been enjoyable. I am running this headless from my laptop. Highly recommended from my point of view.

PLMONROE

MS-3 with 1Tb SSD arrived Wednesday. Initial impression of playing  both Tidal and downloaded Hi-Rez files through Auralac Ares to  Nuforce DAC to Wavac 805's to VMPS RM-V60's  ------ UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!  Thanks, Rich!

HAL

Tubeburner and PLMONROE,

Glad the MS-3 is working out well in both your audio systems with your DAC's. 

May it bring you many years of listening pleasure in your systems!

HAL

The HAL MS-3 going to InDIYana show this week is complete and getting boxed to ship out. 

HAL

Getting ready to test two of the ChipAmp style Class AB amps with the planar drivers to see what I can get out of them. 

Will start with the desktop OB speaker and get the two 3x12" modular OB servo subs built.  Will be using the dspMusik digital crossover for direct drive to all the amp modules directly to the drivers. 

HAL

The two dspMusik demo systems made it to their next demo locations today. 

Looking forward to more comments.

The MS-3 is on the way to the InDIYana DIY event this week.

Building servo sub modules to get ready for some testing.   :thumb:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
This is the HALBlog!   :lol:

Just glad you leave certain activities out.   :D

Phil A

This is the HALBlog!   :lol:

Just glad you leave certain activities out.   :D

+1 :green: :green: :green:  - I actually have a picture of him somewhere before his recent fame. :lol:

HAL

Well, I have been busy!   :D

Sub modules taking shape.

HAL

Nhan has the MS-2 and dspMusik setup running as a DAC in his system for listening. 

Sandbagger will be getting the MS-3 and dspMusik setup this week. 

The final driver samples arrive this week for testing with the modular line array concept.  Should have the 12" OB servo sub cabinets ready by the time they arrive.  Building a simple baffle for this one to compare to the desktop OB array with the BG NEO3/NEO10 drivers.

H-Frame Servo Sub comparison shot.

HAL

Today is the MS Windows Technical Preview expiration date.  Just had to roll back from the Pro version to the Standard. 

Hopefully the full launch will be this summer and can do the free upgrades from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. 

I will get a copy of Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit for trials since it has Remote Desktop and that worked on the MS-3 platform.

HAL

The MS-3 Music Server for the InDIYana event this weekend arrived at dpd's.  He will be checking it out today with his dspMusik.  Sent business cards and info sheet for folks interested.

The MS-3 and dspMusik should be at it's next demo today.  Looking forward to the observations with sandbagger's setup.

HAL

The latest driver samples arrived today.  Will be putting together a simple baffle to test and then send them off to Danny for a good going over.   :D

The MS-3 and dspMusik are waiting for the next demo to begin.

HAL

A few more oak pieces to cut and can start building the test baffle.

Starting the packing process for Axpona next week.  The MS-3 and dspMusik made it to it's next demo and then comes to Chicago.   Have one request for a demo, so we shall see what happens.

The MS-2 and dspMusik in TX are doing well with a pair of LS-6 speakers.  Looking forward to more listening observations once the demo is complete.  Then it comes back to the Lab.

I have an LS-9 crossover to measure from Danny for doing a dspMusik version.  Will look at the LS-6 as well once I get the LS-9 version completed.  This would allow biamping the two speakers after the internal crossover is removed and extra connectors attached to the driver leads, like the Electra Tube Connectors. 

Hope to see folks in Chicago coming up!

HAL

All the sub modules have been moved to the audio room. 

Talked to Danny and will use the production HX300 amps with the two 3x12" servo sub arrays until I get the rest of the 12" drivers and the HX800 amps.  These have the shelving filters, so should be fine. 

Will finish the 6-12" driver install and wiring tomorrow and setup using the dspMusik crossover to the NEO3/NEO10 OB desktop speakers.