Last update Manic Moose mmmhhhh, this can be better.

Hoiman

I updated my BDP-3 with the latest version of Manic Moose, but now it's doesn't work anymore on my tablets browser. Yes it is an old tablet, but it worked well till this version of Manic Moose.
It's so slow (or the software is to heavy) that my tablet decline to work.
On my laptop it's also much slower. What I see is that the DB or directories (folder build) are constantly building when you switch from directory to another one.

So a few questions:
1 - Is this a common problem or I'm the first one?
2 - Can I go back to the old version without pictures of the albums (just a picture of the directories)?
3- If I cannot go back to an older version is it possible to choose between a picture of a directory or a picture of the first album it finds in the directory (maybe this feature slows everything)

Already thanks for your answer.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Last update Manic Moose mmmhhhh, this can be better.
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan 2019, 04:23 pm »
I updated my BDP-3 with the latest version of Manic Moose, but now it's doesn't work anymore on my tablets browser. Yes it is an old tablet, but it worked well till this version of Manic Moose.
On my laptop it's also much slower. What I see is that the DB or directories (folder build) are constantly building when you switch from directory to another one.

So a few questions:
2 - Can I go back to the old version without pictures of the albums (just a picture of the directories)?
3- If I cannot go back to an older version is it possible to choose between a picture of a directory or a picture of the first album it finds in the directory (maybe this feature slows everything)

Hi Hoiman

Works great and fast on any of my IPAD's - new and old.

james

gbaby

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2019, 05:02 pm »
Mine too. :o

Calypte

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jan 2019, 07:29 pm »

So a few questions:

I assume you're talking about MM v.2.38.  I had many problems with 2.38 on my BDP-pi.  The worst of them was that it sometimes dissolved into a window of hex code.  The only solution was to power-cycle the unit, and this turned into a very frequent occurrence.  I was finally able to get Bryston's U.S. rep to return my unit to v.2.36.  I don't know of any way that you can do this yourself.  2.36 has its quirks, but it doesn't crash the way 2.38 did.

Edited to add: I was using 2.38 on a Windows 8.1 laptop and Android cell phone.  I will be leary of any future Manic Moose releases.

Pundamilia

« Reply #4 on: 8 Jan 2019, 08:33 pm »
@Hoiman:

I had a similar problem when my Scratch Disk got corrupted. Try setting up a Scratch Disk with a USB Flash drive (see MM 2.38 manual). It will store the results of the Folder Builds without having to re-build every time you use the system. Once I erased and re-installed the Scratch Disk, the BDP re-built the folders ONCE and it has been working fine ever since.

How many tunes do you have in the database?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #5 on: 9 Jan 2019, 01:47 am »

So a few questions:

You can disable the thumbnail images by turning off the Bryston DB to see if this is the problem.  For each view though its generating it will cause the system take a longer time as its trying to process multiple folders.  You may also want to place the BDP into service mode for us to see if there is anything wrong with the units user space.

Hoiman

« Reply #6 on: 9 Jan 2019, 06:53 am »
Thanks for all of your sugestions.
I will try them all this weekend and I will let you know.
If it still doesn't work faster then it does now I will put the BDP3 in service mode.

Hoiman

« Reply #7 on: 9 Jan 2019, 07:08 am »
Try setting up a Scratch Disk with a USB Flash drive (see MM 2.38 manual).

Where can I find this new manual? and on which page starts this explaination? Already thanks.

Nevermind found it. Page 14. and the manual: http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/Manic%20Moose%20Manual.pdf

Hoiman

« Reply #8 on: 9 Jan 2019, 03:27 pm »
You can disable the thumbnail images by turning off the Bryston DB to see if this is the problem.

How can I do this, I can't find it right away.

Hoiman

« Reply #9 on: 9 Jan 2019, 03:30 pm »
How can I do this, I can't find it right away.

Also found, this one wasn't easy  :P

Hoiman

« Reply #10 on: 12 Jan 2019, 12:12 pm »
After turning off the Bryston DB everything went faster, so for now no problems anymore.

Calypte

« Reply #11 on: 12 Jan 2019, 08:24 pm »
Where can I find this new manual? and on which page starts this explaination? Already thanks.

Nevermind found it. Page 14. and the manual: http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/Manic%20Moose%20Manual.pdf

Interesting.  I've never seen this manual before.  My BDP-pi didn't come with it.