New Venuette model

bunnyma357

Re: New Venuette model
« Reply #80 on: 6 Oct 2009, 02:20 pm »
I heard the Venuettes in the Virtue Audio room, and actually it was my favorite at the show. Probably partly because the size of the room was more appropriate for the speakers, and the music being played was more enjoyable and less "demo" based.

They seemed to have much of the same overall sound as the bigger V1's, but not the same level of dynamics, which I think I might actually prefer - just a slightly softer sound on transients and drum hits. The V1's were certainly very impressive, but I don't know that I'd enjoy listening to music with such strong impact for long periods.

Obviously these are very brief impressions, in fact several rooms that had sounded very impressive early in the day on one piece of music, when I went back they kind of fell apart on other pieces, but Danny's speakers sounded really good and musical on everything I heard.

Here were my favorites:

Venuette/Virtue Audio
V1's/Dodd Battery Amps
Legacy Audio Whispers
Haniwa Small 2 Way Horn Speakers (And I usually hate horns)
Gallo Strada system

Jim C

Danny Richie

« Reply #81 on: 6 Oct 2009, 02:35 pm »
The V-2's (Venuette) sounds very similar and very comparable to the V-1 and Super V. They just don't play flat to 20Hz or have the control of the servo control system. They do play well into the mid 20's though. They are of coarse open baffle and won't load the room. They are also much less expensive tan the bigger models.

panomaniac

« Reply #82 on: 6 Oct 2009, 06:58 pm »
Maybe they didn't get powered up too often

Oh yes they did!  :green:   I was in charge of the switch and the Venuettes  where the most requested and most played speaker we had.  Overall impression was very good - visitors loved them.

The other speakers in our room, Usher, Ascend, Omega, Silverline all sounded good.  But the Venuettes where the most requested, by far.  They did very well with our amps.

A big "Mahalo" to Danny for letting us use his speakers and for all the work he did on acoustic treatment in our room.  As we sold Danny the 12s that are in the kit, I want to see the kit do well. =)

mikeb

« Reply #83 on: 22 Oct 2009, 07:06 pm »
Danny,

Do you have an ETA for when the V2 kit  :drool: will be available?

Danny Richie

« Reply #84 on: 22 Oct 2009, 07:12 pm »
I am listening to a pair right now.  :green:

Kits will be available as soon as the amps get here. It is looking like it will be mid November.

johnnycopy

« Reply #85 on: 22 Oct 2009, 11:39 pm »
I am listening to a pair right now.  :green:

Kits will be available as soon as the amps get here. It is looking like it will be mid November.

Danny,

Can a rhythmik non servo plate amps be to servo?

Danny Richie

« Reply #86 on: 23 Oct 2009, 01:09 am »
The V-2 lower woofers are non-servo, and yes Rythmik does have a non-servo amp that will work fine, in fact that is what I am using with mine right now. To meet the $1,295 price point for the kit though, I needed to have a lower cost amp made with the exact gain circuit for the job.

johnnycopy

« Reply #87 on: 23 Oct 2009, 04:55 am »
The V-2 lower woofers are non-servo, and yes Rythmik does have a non-servo amp that will work fine, in fact that is what I am using with mine right now. To meet the $1,295 price point for the kit though, I needed to have a lower cost amp made with the exact gain circuit for the job.

Thanks Danny, thought you were using servos on both of your "V" models. Does the V2 have a rear firing tweeter?

I missed a word in my last post. My original question was "Can you take a non servo Rythmik and make it into a servo model". I currently have 2 non servo Rythmik's.

Thanks

Danny Richie

« Reply #88 on: 23 Oct 2009, 03:46 pm »
The V-2 does not use a rear firing tweeter. I was still trying to keep this model basic and keep the cost down.

If you have a Rythmik non-servo amp then you can send it in to Brian and have him add the servo circuit. You will also have to use our servo subs with it in order for it to work.

2bigears

« Reply #89 on: 23 Oct 2009, 04:28 pm »
 :D cost aside, can you make the Venuette with servo's.if the mids are great,kick up the bass.... :D

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
« Reply #90 on: 23 Oct 2009, 04:29 pm »
Are you looking for something with a smaller width? Why not just get the v-1?

Danny Richie

« Reply #91 on: 23 Oct 2009, 04:43 pm »
The motor structure on the servo subs is so large that it will not allow the woofers to be folded in to minimize the baffle width. If it has to be 13.5" wide then you might as well use the larger driver of the V-1 and gain the sensitivity advantages (97db for the V-1 and 92db for the V-2).

The difference in the cost of the two drivers (the BM-8CXA and the BM-12CXA) is only $71. The majority of the cost of the two kits is the servo subs verses the non-servo.

dvenardos

« Reply #92 on: 23 Oct 2009, 07:06 pm »
V3 - just the top and BYOS (bring your own sub). :)

dvenardos

« Reply #93 on: 30 Apr 2010, 09:08 pm »
Is there a pdf of the H-frame for the V2?

Danny Richie

« Reply #94 on: 2 May 2010, 02:34 am »
Is there a pdf of the H-frame for the V2?

Not yet. I will try to get on it as soon as I can.

Danny Richie

« Reply #95 on: 6 Jul 2010, 03:27 am »
SA-1 amps are in stock and a link to the cabinet plans are posted here in this thread: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=82220.0

These kits are now shipping.

pslate

« Reply #96 on: 8 Feb 2011, 04:25 pm »
Can anyone recommend someone for complete assembly/fabrication for the V-2? Unfortunately I am in the city lacking the room and tools I would need to be able to complete this project. Initially I was taking this speaker off my list due to this. Looking to pick up some new speakers when we move into a new place this summer.

Thank you!!!!!

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #97 on: 8 Feb 2011, 06:21 pm »
Can anyone recommend someone for complete assembly/fabrication for the V-2? Unfortunately I am in the city lacking the room and tools I would need to be able to complete this project. Initially I was taking this speaker off my list due to this. Looking to pick up some new speakers when we move into a new place this summer.

Thank you!!!!!

PM returned. :wink:

Thanks,

Ruben

Trismos

« Reply #98 on: 3 Dec 2011, 03:30 am »
How might this work with the 8" servos instead?

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #99 on: 3 Dec 2011, 05:03 pm »
I've been thinking the same thing.  I imagine it would work well but at a higher cost than the V2.