Packaged deal on the servo subs with cabinets!

2bigears

Re: Packaged deal on the servo subs with cabinets!
« Reply #40 on: 24 Mar 2009, 11:53 am »
 :D  ok then,if these do music as well as the REL's do,i will take two.... :thumb: time to phone Danny. :D

Danny Richie

« Reply #41 on: 24 Mar 2009, 02:49 pm »
Guys, these subs will handle music (from a quality stand point) better than any sub on the market. I am not saying that just to sell subs either. I really believe there is nothing better. This technology really is that far ahead of everything else out there.

Danny Richie

« Reply #42 on: 24 Mar 2009, 02:55 pm »
One new announcement on this deal: I can only continue to offer this package deal through April the 10th. So you better hurry. This deal doesn't last much longer.

sts9fan

« Reply #43 on: 24 Mar 2009, 03:04 pm »
Got my driver yesterday.  Hopefully the box comes today!

Mixdoctor

« Reply #44 on: 24 Mar 2009, 08:57 pm »
How good would this kit be against the 15" Rythmik for a 2000cu ft room ?

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #45 on: 24 Mar 2009, 09:27 pm »
One new announcement on this deal: I can only continue to offer this package deal through April the 10th. So you better hurry. This deal doesn't last much longer.

Hmmm... guess I better do my taxes.

sts9fan

« Reply #46 on: 24 Mar 2009, 10:19 pm »
We are now up and running!  Of course it is not dialed in but it sounds real good.  Two things I will say is I wish it had come with screws for the woofer and I wish I had known it had no spikes/feet/whatever as I would have added a set of your spikes.

Gonna have some real fun with this puppy!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #47 on: 24 Mar 2009, 10:21 pm »
We are now up and running!  Of course it is not dialed in but it sounds real good.  Two things I will say is I wish it had come with screws for the woofer and I wish I had known it had no spikes/feet/whatever as I would have added a set of your spikes.

Kris,

I think you need to bring your sub and yourself over for a visit!   aa

George

sts9fan

« Reply #48 on: 24 Mar 2009, 10:39 pm »
I think that can be arranged. 

persisting1

« Reply #49 on: 24 Mar 2009, 11:48 pm »

No screws?

Danny Richie

« Reply #50 on: 24 Mar 2009, 11:55 pm »
How good would this kit be against the 15" Rythmik for a 2000cu ft room ?

Brian makes a comparison between the two types of woofers on his site. Obviously the 15" will sweep a little more air than the 12, but not as much as a pair of the SW-12-08's.  :D

Two things I will say is I wish it had come with screws for the woofer and I wish I had known it had no spikes/feet/whatever as I would have added a set of your spikes.

Sorry about that. I have screws for the woofers and should have sent them out with the woofer.

If you order spikes from me then I can certainly throw the screws in too if you still need them.

sts9fan

« Reply #51 on: 25 Mar 2009, 01:35 am »
Not a big deal.  I am very happy!

persisting1

« Reply #52 on: 26 Mar 2009, 11:23 am »
How much does the subwoofer weigh (non shipping weight)?

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #53 on: 28 Mar 2009, 05:36 pm »
Danny, work has kept me from calling in on this deal all week! :(

I would like to add a pair of them with the black cabinets to the pair I've already got up front in my system. :D  Any trouble integrating the deal subs with the 300w amps and the prebuilt Rythmiks with the 370w PEQ amp?

Could we take this deal to PM/email? . . . darn central time zone!

Thanks!

Stereodude

« Reply #54 on: 28 Mar 2009, 07:20 pm »
I would like to add a pair of them with the black cabinets to the pair I've already got up front in my system. :D

I didn't think the black cabinets were included in the deal.  :scratch:

BradJudy

« Reply #55 on: 28 Mar 2009, 07:34 pm »
I would like to add a pair of them with the black cabinets to the pair I've already got up front in my system. :D

I didn't think the black cabinets were included in the deal.  :scratch:

Danny said they were an option for an extra $50.

kp93300

« Reply #56 on: 1 Apr 2009, 02:43 am »
Hi Danny,
I have been enjoying the OB5 for a while . This is very good ! The sonicap  platinum bypass upgrade is also very satisfying .

What do I expect to improve in musical terms with  this sub in my setup ?

My room is about 200 square feet  and the height of the room is about 9 feet. 

What would be the freight to Malaysia ? Your last arrangement for  OB5 freight to Malaysia is more affordable than UPS services and delivery is prompt.
Thanks
kp93300

brother love

« Reply #57 on: 1 Apr 2009, 01:59 pm »
Greetings. I am intrigued by this offer. Questions re: my system/ room / preferences & this kit subwoofer…

AVR: Denon 1909 w/ Audyssey
Speakers: Paradigm Cinema 5.1 incl. 10” front-firing ported Paradigm sub
Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player
Use:  50 HT/ 50 Music (primarily Redbook Cd’s)
Room:  11’ x 18’ x 8’ w/ (4) door openings, oak floors w/ diagonal wood subflooring & painted thick wood paneling walls, Pio plasma & speakers against 10' x 5' brick wall to mantle near fireplace

Sub wants: first & foremost to be musical w/ punch, & of course not boomy. Due to my room/floor construction, I figure front-firing is best. I don’t listen to stuff @ ear bleeding levels. I usually dial back sub setting for Dolby TrueHD & DTS Master Audio, cause I find it’s just too extreme.

Due to live room characteristics & smaller sub size, best sub performance is located behind recliner in room corner (6” from wall on side & back). I have it sitting on a homemade “subdude-type” platform w/ vibrapod isolators between platform & sub feet. With this configuration, current 10” sub bass is tight enough, just not enough of it (40 Hz or so). Mains & center only have dual 4-1/2”  bass/midrange drivers, so I am getting around 100-120 Hz @ best. Previous Velodyne subwoofer w/ 12” powered & 10” passive was far better (regret selling it of course, but that’s another story). AVR Audyssey calibration sets crossover for L/R/C @ 100 Hz & +4 dB & Sub @ 80 Hz & +0.5 dB ( for a 75 dB signal I believe).

I'm bound by my corner wall behind listener location. So would this servo sub fit the bill for my application? Again, I want a musical sub more than a window rattler.

Thanks for any input.

Danny Richie

« Reply #58 on: 1 Apr 2009, 04:06 pm »
What would be the freight to Malaysia ?

I am working on getting you a quote for that.

brotherlove,

What I can tell, you for certainty, is that there is no sub on the market that I know of more musical and more accurate than this sub.

This sub is also better equipped to handle higher frequency ranges than other types of subs as the moving mass is lighter weight and the servo control system takes absolute control over it.

It also has the advantage of playing flat to 20Hz and doing so in a small sealed box. So it won't take up massive amounts of floor space.

For best integration with your main speakers, at that high of a crossover point (using any sub), I would recommend placing the sub as close as possible to your main speakers.

brother love

« Reply #59 on: 1 Apr 2009, 04:16 pm »
brotherlove,

What I can tell, you for certainty, is that there is no sub on the market that I know of more musical and more accurate than this sub.

This sub is also better equipped to handle higher frequency ranges than other types of subs as the moving mass is lighter weight and the servo control system takes absolute control over it.

It also has the advantage of playing flat to 20Hz and doing so in a small sealed box. So it won't take up massive amounts of floor space.

For best integration with your main speakers, at that high of a crossover point (using any sub), I would recommend placing the sub as close as possible to your main speakers.

Danny, Thanks for the input.  My original location for the sub was directly under the left speaker in front. Locating sub behind viewing seating in the only corner I have without a too close door opening improved bass considerably.  To my ears (admittedly older w/ lost frequency range due to way too many concerts), I don't notice the sub being singled out from the mains. Is it seamless? Probably not, but definitely sounds better in current configuration.

So would the 12" servo sub suffer from a corner location behind listener recliner?