X3,X5 drivers

Audiophile58

X3,X5 drivers
« on: 7 Mar 2021, 05:52 pm »
Hello Fellow audiophiles a couple questions here and comment from others on Audiogon.
I know they use the Beyma tweeter-mid driver. Who makes their low midBass,Bass drivers for the X3,X5 ?

Also since these speakers have a DSP processor for the Bass ,many companies are now incorporating an app
To fine tune the Bass per cd from your tablet or phone. even the $500 Svs 1000 sub has a excellent app for full room Bass adjustability. Several guys spoke with them they said the cost over the last 2 years has come down dramatically
The hardest part is having the app made .  Hopefully Clayton. Sees this and we get a little feedback
It would make adjusting the Bass so much more user friendly and tunable since each recording can vary dramatically , thanks much.

bbybaudio

Re: X3,X5 drivers
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2021, 04:46 pm »
Hello, the mid bass and subwoofers are made by Eminence to Clayton's specs.

TomS

Re: X3,X5 drivers
« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2021, 12:34 am »
Also since these speakers have a DSP processor for the Bass ,many companies are now incorporating an app
To fine tune the Bass per cd from your tablet or phone. even the $500 Svs 1000 sub has a excellent app for full room Bass adjustability. Several guys spoke with them they said the cost over the last 2 years has come down dramatically
The hardest part is having the app made .  Hopefully Clayton. Sees this and we get a little feedback
It would make adjusting the Bass so much more user friendly and tunable since each recording can vary dramatically , thanks much.
Clayton has a ton of experience in the marketplace with supporting both active XO's (highly tunable) and DSP room correction (early Spatial mainstay software product on a Mac). He certainly knows HOW to do this as well as anyone in audio. Then there is the consideration of how you properly support all the variations that develop, as well as people who don't really know what they're doing "over tuning" the OB drivers. That usually doesn't end well, amps run out of steam real fast, etc. I suspect it's more of a conscious choice, which enables more consistency of the product in the market, which is easier to support. They're also a VERY small operation in terms of headcount, so there probably aren't a lot of people in house with the expertise he has to do all that.

I do have an SVS SB16 Ultra with that capability which is certainly slick, but I rarely even use it. Elac's was even a better approach, but my experience getting support questions answered was abysmal, along with any needed fixes and upgrades. It kind of died in the market too. So perhaps there is a lesson in there somewhere.