LIFEFORCE - STATEOF PLAY

Felipe

Re: LIFEFORCE - STATEOF PLAY
« Reply #40 on: 25 Sep 2006, 09:29 pm »
LifeForce news !!

I got my package today !! Who cares for the lousy tracking if it got here quick and safe !? :thumb:

The strangest thing has happened. The LF got through Customs without taxing !!! I never had this amount of luck before, and i cannot imagine why this has happened ?
Hugh marked it very well, included several notes about the content, declared value and included invoice. All this and they let it through .... :o :o :o :o

I really couldn't believe my eyes, specially because i have my Squeezebox in Customs for 3 weeks now (arriving from USA - Bolder ) and they do not respond to my calls.... :( :(

I have my cases being built and it will take a while until i get to listen to it. BUT ITS HERE ! I HAVE IT !

Hugh, cant thank you enough. You are truly 1 of a kind. Best in the business, and a good friend.
Now if i only had the time to build the cases quicker.....

All the best
Filipe

fajimr

« Reply #41 on: 25 Sep 2006, 11:48 pm »
LifeForce news !!

I got my package today !!
The strangest thing has happened. The LF got through Customs without taxing !!!

hey filipe.... great news!!!  mine arrived friday but the quebec gov't wanted their part  :drool: (now I know why everyone here complains about taxes- they seem to get you coming and going)  and my wife didn't have the money to pay so it sits for a few more days... hopefully tomorrow.

good luck with the new build- can't wait to hear the review!!

jim

AKSA

« Reply #42 on: 26 Sep 2006, 01:12 am »
Filipe,

GREAT NEWS!!  Thanks for letting us know!

Jim,

Not quite such good news.......  I'm sorry you had to pay stiff customs duties, not very nice.

Canada sounds a lot like Australia........ :(

I'll be sending all LF owners an email soon!

Cheers,

Hugh

fajimr

« Reply #43 on: 26 Sep 2006, 03:30 am »
Not quite such good news.......  I'm sorry you had to pay stiff customs duties, not very nice.
Canada sounds a lot like Australia........ :(

it's fine... just new to me.  I'm always a bit torn, since moving from the States.... at least they are not using my $$$ for wars around the globe (not yet at least but from the looks of the new PM  :cry: )... but the least they could do is to get roads in decent shape...

jim

Jens

« Reply #44 on: 26 Sep 2006, 01:25 pm »
Lucky sods! I'm still at bit down the list for LF modules!

But I'm not complaining - they'll get here, eventually  :drool: And I've said to Hugh not to get stressed about it - he's got more than enough on his hands as it is.

However, after all the descriptions on this forum, the soldering hand is starting to itch a bit  aa

AKSA

« Reply #45 on: 5 Oct 2006, 11:56 pm »
NEWS

Finally getting through the backlog, awaiting some caps from the US, but orders delayed at present because of family difficulties (sick Father interstate).  I will be driving to South Australia (1000 miles return) in a couple of days and be unavailable for about four days, but should still have forum access.

Again, I'm sorry - these things happen and can be inconvenient.

I'm very, very pleased with Lifeforce sales - it's going very well.  Other projects, such as the universal power supply, are moving apace, but it's all a bit slow as I negotiate the production hurdles.  I don't seem to be able to work until late at night like I used to, either, a bit of a nuisance.  Heck, I'll be playing garden bowls soon at this rate!!

Breeding elephants, anyone?? :oops:

Cheers,

Hugh
« Last Edit: 6 Oct 2006, 01:48 am by AKSA »

stvnharr

« Reply #46 on: 6 Oct 2006, 03:02 am »

Again, I'm sorry - these things happen and can be inconvenient.

Hugh

Hugh,
Sorry to hear about your dad.
It would only be inconvenient if you could NOT go.
Feel privileged that you can indeed go.

Steve

AKSA

« Reply #47 on: 7 Oct 2006, 02:57 am »
Steve, and others,

I am about to leave for South Australia, things are not good, could be a few days.

I will keep in touch with the forum.

Thank you for your lovely messages, appreciated.

Hugh

PSP

« Reply #48 on: 7 Oct 2006, 07:27 pm »
Hugh,
May things go well and gently for you and your family.

Take care,
Peter

fajimr

« Reply #49 on: 7 Oct 2006, 08:14 pm »
Hugh

wishing you strength, courage and insight....  i'll be sending thoughts your way.

regards
jim

Felipe

« Reply #50 on: 8 Oct 2006, 08:20 pm »
Hugh,

My thoughts are with you and your family. i hope you can bring us better news on your next visit.

all the best

Filipe

rabbitz

« Reply #51 on: 9 Oct 2006, 01:14 pm »
My thoughts are with you. Been through it twice in the  last 2 years and not easy but hopefully all will be well.

AKSA

« Reply #52 on: 11 Oct 2006, 11:52 am »
Folks,

Sadly, after his fourth cardiac arrest in ten years, my Father passed away on Saturday 7th October.  He was 84, an extraordinary and unforgettable character.  I deliver the eulogy on Friday.  We are preparing for a very large funeral;  he was widely known and much loved.

It happens to all of us, of course, but it's a tough time when it comes around.  My wife and I were just able to see him alive, and I managed to communicate briefly with him.  I first prepared a eulogy for my Pa three years ago, and discussed it with him; my brother Patrick and I have refined it together today, and we are confident we've captured something of the essence of the man.

It will be some time before I can address the remaining orders, again, I am sorry but we will get there!!

Thank you very sincerely to all for your concern.  It is very much appreciated, and shows the true nature of our little community.

Cheers,

Hugh

Woodsea

« Reply #53 on: 11 Oct 2006, 11:55 am »
Very sorry to hear of your loss.
May peace reign soon in your heart.

JohnR

« Reply #54 on: 11 Oct 2006, 12:01 pm »
Very sorry to hear that, Hugh.

Geoff-AU

« Reply #55 on: 11 Oct 2006, 12:06 pm »
Sorry to hear it, Hugh.

Hope the focus is on celebrating his life, he sounds like he's had a pretty impressive one to be known and loved by so many! :)

fajimr

« Reply #56 on: 11 Oct 2006, 12:36 pm »
my thoughts are with you Hugh... glad to hear that you were able to speak to him though before he passed away.

don't rush back to anything... we will all be here when you are ready to get back to work...

jim

Double Ugly

« Reply #57 on: 11 Oct 2006, 12:57 pm »
My condolensces, Hugh.  You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

-Jim

mgalusha

« Reply #58 on: 11 Oct 2006, 02:03 pm »
Very sorry to hear that Hugh, my condolances to you and your family.

Mike

Felipe

« Reply #59 on: 11 Oct 2006, 02:06 pm »
Dear Hugh,

I am very sorry to hear this. Very sad news, but its true it happens to all...
I believe he is watching over you now, more than ever, and i bet he couldn't be any prouder!

my thoughts to you

Filipe