Anything you want to talk about

Mr Content

Anything you want to talk about
« on: 20 May 2009, 05:07 am »
Ok, I have been thinking for a while that I would like somewhere to go to just talk about anything, but nothing exists at the moment, so I thought I would make a thread here for US or anyone to use, where we can just chat about anything. I will make it a sticky, so it will always be at the top. SO.......enjoy! :thumb:

Mr C aa

Rocket

Re: Anything you want to talk about
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2009, 11:29 am »
Hi,

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a 800VA 24 volt toroid transformer from in Australia.  I was quoted $197au plus gst and shipping.  It is quite expensive.

Regards

Rod

freo

« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2009, 05:02 am »
Hi Rod
Try harbuch electronics pty ltd
Regards Roger

Mr Content

« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2009, 01:14 pm »
Thanks Roger, hey tell us more about you........if you want :D

Mr C aa

Mr Content

« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2009, 01:25 pm »
Hey anyone know of a good Mac forum, we are going to buy one, and I would like to have a read up on them. Thanks

Mr C aa

Mr Content

« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2009, 01:54 pm »
What about some Mac software, anyone got software they dont use any more, I dont have any as yet. Thanks

Nig

Mr Content

« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2009, 01:55 pm »
Anybody replaced a laptop keyboard, I need to replace the keyboard in my Sony laptop, but cannot locate one yet, or know how to replace it....................anyone........... ........ :scratch:

Nig

JohnR

« Reply #7 on: 31 May 2009, 09:43 am »
Apple make nice external keyboards, Nig...  :dunno:

Mr Content

« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2009, 09:54 am »
Yes John, seems like this may be the best way to go. Sony stuff is very expensive, and after the laptop died under warranty, then came back with the keyboard not working on 11 of its keys , with the shift key laying on at the bottom of the box..........the ensuing arguments with them, them telling us in NO uncertain terms that the keyboard only had a limited warranty, and they wont fix it............we are over Sony. Bought a Mac :thumb:
thanks

Mr C aa

Mr Content

« Reply #9 on: 6 Jun 2009, 10:55 am »
Anyone using a static drive yet. Size will make them very usable soon, and the speed will be nice.
BTW I am typing this on a new 24" imac.......nice :thumb:

Mr C

Mr Content

« Reply #10 on: 28 Jul 2009, 08:54 am »
Well guys, just found out number 6 is on the way. We might start a tv show 6 and counting, or something like that.

Anyway thanks to God, we love bubies aa

Nig :D

LM

• Lyn
« Reply #11 on: 29 Jul 2009, 12:56 am »
A 6th plus an imac eh!  :thumb:  And to think some people only collect records.  :P

4 were more than enough for us - they grow up you know and go exploring.

As to Mac's, you won't look back.  I've spent much of my working life heavily involved with business PCs and whilst fine in their own way, have come home to relax with a Mac since the 80's

Mr Content

« Reply #12 on: 29 Jul 2009, 07:48 am »
only 2 mac's here lyn, but kids just seem to keep on coming :scratch:

4 girls 1 boy...........who knows might be another boy :thumb:

Mr C aa

JohnR

« Reply #13 on: 29 Jul 2009, 10:56 am »
Six!! Congratulations :thumb: How do you find time to do anything  :scratch:

Mr Content

« Reply #14 on: 29 Jul 2009, 12:18 pm »
Thanks John,  yes time is an issue at times, but we live our life around our family, so we do most things together. After 4 it seems that the only hard thing is trying to remember their names when you want something done. :thumb:

Nig aa

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #15 on: 7 Aug 2009, 02:29 pm »
Hey Maybe one of guys from down under can help me I'm looking for the name of a group that did a song called Roll'n on Robby, about using a rubber. about 1989. I know it was all over he radio in Sydney. I used to have the LP i bought in Oz when i was there but i have lost it over the years. my memory is shot. Not sure if this was a Aussie band or from New Zealand

ED

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #16 on: 7 Aug 2009, 03:29 pm »
Australian women are hot! Can I say that? :thumb:

Mr Content

« Reply #17 on: 8 Aug 2009, 09:46 am »
Hey Maybe one of guys from down under can help me I'm looking for the name of a group that did a song called Roll'n on Robby, about using a rubber. about 1989. I know it was all over he radio in Sydney. I used to have the LP i bought in Oz when i was there but i have lost it over the years. my memory is shot. Not sure if this was a Aussie band or from New Zealand

ED

Hi Ed, I did a bit of a look around for you, but came up with nothing.

Mr C aa

Mr Content

« Reply #18 on: 8 Aug 2009, 09:47 am »
Australian women are hot! Can I say that? :thumb:

You can say that here, no probs, and I agree, just look at my wife :drool:

Mr C :thumb:

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #19 on: 8 Aug 2009, 12:22 pm »

ED

Hi Ed, I did a bit of a look around for you, but came up with nothing.

Mr C aa

I think i may have found it by a group called Redgum - Roll it on Robbie So now all you Aussie's check your vinyl collections

ED