List your System here

navi

Re: List your System here
« Reply #20 on: 14 May 2009, 07:06 am »
Current System

Eizo L768 LCD Monitor
1.8DP G5 Apple tower
AVI ADM9 (Xindak Silver fuses, 18ga Copper wire in cotton, ERS on caps and transformers)
Custom made Subwoofer with 13" driver
Xindak XF-500 Power conditioner

Cables- Mogami 2893, USB cable, Oyaide PA-23 + Tunami power cables

It's my System i have in my office/Computer room

Ivan.

Mr Content

« Reply #21 on: 18 May 2009, 10:21 pm »
interesting systen Ivan, can you tell us more about your custom sub. Hey I enjoyed looking at your web site's, I am a budding photographer :thumb:

Mr C :D

navi

« Reply #22 on: 19 May 2009, 10:57 am »
the sub belongs to a friend- he got it custom made by bruce edgar in the US.... I think. its a 13" bass Driver in a sealed enclosure with a off the shelf amp plate. Bass is not amazing but it does the job. I blew the amps so I looking for a new amp for the sub.

yeah....
i pretend to work as a photographer..... most days I just get drunk in my studio and go on facebook...... Life is good.

Mr Content

« Reply #23 on: 19 May 2009, 10:46 pm »
Cool Ivan, can I come and work with you! Sounds more and more like I want to be a photographer:thumb:

Nig :D

Mr Content

« Reply #24 on: 20 May 2009, 05:03 am »
Another question Ivan, We are looking at getting a Mac for editing, windows PC's seem to clumbsy and slow. What specs is your Mac , and what do you think would be better in the way of video cards , HDD's ram size etc. Thanks in advance

Nig aa

navi

« Reply #25 on: 20 May 2009, 09:03 am »
Another question Ivan, We are looking at getting a Mac for editing, windows PC's seem to clumbsy and slow. What specs is your Mac , and what do you think would be better in the way of video cards , HDD's ram size etc. Thanks in advance

Nig aa

I say the same thing to PC users- get the best....

if it's out of your budget - and you want a MAC for (Video) editing get a 24inch iMAC- That would be your cheapest option. Stay away from the smaller iMACs and mini MACs.

-8 core desktops ($4500) with Eizo monitors (from $2500) are the best.
-2Nd hand Intel based Desktops on Ebay go for really good prices.
-Stay away from G5's as new software only works on intel chips.
-RAM is expensive in Australia- buy it from the US.... You can never have enough RAM
-For Hard drives I like 1st hard drive for the operating system 2nd for work files 3rd drive as a back-up (internal or external)

I also have a laptop 2.16GhZ/250Gig HD/4Gig RAM for shooting tethered. but that's only for shooting as the screen is crap for colour/image work.

Hope that helps.

Ivan

Mr Content

« Reply #26 on: 20 May 2009, 09:58 am »
Thanks for the info Ivan, we are going to get a cheap G5 machine to get the feel for what we need, and then get something that will do us.  :D

terry j

« Reply #27 on: 7 Jul 2009, 11:26 am »
DIY guy here, out in bathurst (that means I just posted in two threads at once, location and show system!)

Tri amped system with the deqx unit, diy speakers which I just finished.

Now finishing the job properly, researching room treatments (ps, if you can post some nice pics of great listening rooms-possible inspiration for me-then I have just started a thread on that in the acoustics section).

Let's see if I am successful in getting a shot of my newly complete speakers in here

Yep, that worked.

That last shot was taken indoors, so I had to lighten it, makes it look a bit washed out.

Do not feel the need to list electronics, I do not care. As long as the amp has the power, the cdp can get the bits out in the correct order then all is well with the world.

JohnR

« Reply #28 on: 7 Jul 2009, 12:01 pm »
DIY guy here, out in bathurst

Cool - my folks live in Bathurst, I go out there now and then.

Awesome job on those speakers.

I'm trying to convince a friend of mine in Yetholme to build a pair of subs with me.

terry j

« Reply #29 on: 8 Jul 2009, 02:15 am »
excellent John. Now you know what to do next time you visit the folks??

Every year we have a big gtg at my place here in bathurst when the race is on, people come from interstate..what is it with boys and their toys?? why are so many stereo guys also into cars??

So they all come and stay here the weekend, those that wish to take advantage that the track is ten k away go to the races in the day, the rest of the weekend is meeting old audio friends. listening to music having a barbie and a few cold ones and just gasbagging.

We can esily sleep twenty or so people, any more then we think of tents or what have you.

Often we end up with a couple of systems going thruout the place, so it can be great for being exposed to new systems etc.

anyway, if that appeals to anyone then you know, come along and meet fellow audio enthusiasts.

So who is the mate at yetholme?? and what subs are you thinking of building?

JohnR

« Reply #30 on: 8 Jul 2009, 10:08 am »
Awesome, you never know, perhaps I will drive up this year. You can hear the start of the race from the back yard of my folks' place (Kelso).

Well, if you know someone in Yetholme called Rohan, you know him :) We're going to build a pair of sealed 10" subs for a small HT/music system, and keep one each. Say, do you know anywhere in the area that sells finish-grade void-free ply - ?

Mr Content

« Reply #31 on: 8 Jul 2009, 10:58 am »
Hi Terry, nice speakers, would you tell us more about the drivers.........xovers. I remember making speakers like this when I was in my 20's.........yes I am an old fart now, but I like the truncated cylinder idea, helps a lot with standing waves.

Mr Content

« Reply #32 on: 8 Jul 2009, 11:00 am »
Awesome, you never know, perhaps I will drive up this year. You can hear the start of the race from the back yard of my folks' place (Kelso).

Well, if you know someone in Yetholme called Rohan, you know him :) We're going to build a pair of sealed 10" subs for a small HT/music system, and keep one each. Say, do you know anywhere in the area that sells finish-grade void-free ply - ?

John, Brims in Sydney stock void free ply, or you can order it thru laminex industries, or Nover & co.

Mr C :)

terry j

« Reply #33 on: 8 Jul 2009, 12:36 pm »

I don't actually know anyone there, but I quite like the place. It has a funny rainforesty feel, esp considering where it really is!

Aw c'mon, you know the deal! Details man, details. A ten inch sub can mean anything ya know!

Mehh, I used concrete in my speaker build, what do I need to know about void free ply??? :lol:

I need to clean up the house a bit, if you and your mate are interested (and save you a bit of work) you can have some subs I have built. Cost of drivers. You'd need to finish them to your needs (double thickness constrained damping 16mm mdf, four peerless xls 10's per box, vibration controlled by having the drivers -two each side- opposed firing...heavy as)

Heck, get rid of them, maybe even cheaper than driver cost. whatever.

Mr Content, I mentioned earlier that I started a thread about room pics (treated rooms, and now investigating that path myself), as it so happened a muck about shot of the f/glass batts that I just hung (raw) on the walls for an experiment contained a shot of one of my speakers, and a few asked about them.

So I gave a little bit of data on them in that thread (including the driver compliment)  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=69598.0

If you have any more questions then yeah, for sure, fire away.

LM

• Lyn
« Reply #34 on: 19 Jul 2009, 02:26 am »
Amplifier:  Aspen Soraya CB105
Pre amp:  Aspen GK1 - Platinum mods
CD Player:  Arcam CD36
Analogue:  AR XB1 turntable with choice of Denon DL160, Shure M95HE and IEE 500 Parabolic Cartridges and a CA 640P (unmodded but wicked thoughts emerging) phono stage
Speakers: Vandersteen 3A Signatures
Cables:  Simply never gone further than basic !2 gauge Cu speaker wire and Jaycar Concorde interconnects

The only trouble with listing systems is that I read what someone else has listed and end up wondering at length as to what it really sounds like - with little chance of course in finding out in most cases.  Also, how people actually arrived at that combination out of all the components available, in the first place.   :duh:

Lazz

« Reply #35 on: 21 Jul 2009, 09:06 am »
Hi Docere {Raymond}
Can you tell me what modifications have been done to your Metaxas amplifiers as I have some also.Thx.

Ken Arrow

« Reply #36 on: 10 Aug 2009, 01:18 am »
Hi Guys,

Ken from Perth WA,

Michell Gyrodec (old) w. SME 3010 and Dynavector 10X4,
Teac T1 transport w. Audionote DAC 1 Sig
Modded Audionote M2 pre w. phono
Modded Audionote P2SE (external power supply).
Oris 150 horn system, Lowther DX4 drivers, Onken bass cabinets w. plate amps.
Cables, various - not exotic.

I am currently interested in upgrading TT and possibly amps.. maybe 2A3 monoblocks...

Cheers,

Ken

Mr Content

« Reply #37 on: 10 Aug 2009, 02:42 am »
Hi Ken, Thanks for dropping by. Hey nice system. You would be able to go with some nice low wattage amps with that speaker setup,  1 0r 2 watts single ended would be lovely :thumb:

Mr C  :D

Ken Arrow

« Reply #38 on: 14 Aug 2009, 05:08 am »

Thanks Mr C,

Currently getting quite keen on building the DiYHiFi kit, LD MII Sig. Level 3. This is a dual mono 300B stereo amp using the WE 91 circuit topology as a base.

Kind Regards,

Ken

Adinoto

« Reply #39 on: 14 Aug 2009, 06:30 am »
Ken,
You may consider Bottlehead Paramount 2A3 monoblock. They're very good and silent in my Lowther. Also maybe 45 amp would be nice.