New design - Veracity ST's with W16's

Jdgate

Re: New design - Supercharged Songtowers (?) with W16's
« Reply #20 on: 24 May 2013, 02:48 am »
How about STDP the SongTower DennisPaul.

rick_reynolds40

« Reply #21 on: 24 May 2013, 11:57 am »
Jim

Do you have measurements for these yet?

broom1998

« Reply #22 on: 24 May 2013, 12:43 pm »
Keeping it simple ST16

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #23 on: 24 May 2013, 01:18 pm »
Todd

wow, those are very impressive speakers

Jim steered me in this finish direction based on my preferences, and my SS10s exceeded alll expectations
You will be in awe when they arrive, and every time you listen to them you will enjoy their beauty as well

Great finish Jim!

What is the sensitivty of the speakers?

How about Veracity ST

it reflects the quality of both lines

jsalk

« Reply #24 on: 24 May 2013, 02:57 pm »
Jim

Do you have measurements for these yet?

Sure.  Here you go...

These speakers are about 88db sensitive.

- Jim

funkmonkey

« Reply #25 on: 24 May 2013, 05:11 pm »
Well, if they are comparable and smaller to the HT2-TL's... I'd keep it simple, and call them the "Jr's", JR/HT2-TL. :)

Gotta agree with the logic here, and they do seem to have much more in common with the HT2-TL than SongTower.  Also agree that there seems to be an awful lot of very similar speakers between the standard SongTowers, ST-RT, SC-ST, HT2, HT2-TL, and now HT2-TL"Jr."   :scratch: Did I miss any?  Putting this new model into the Veracity family would also balance things out making it 3 versions of the HT2, and 3 versions of the ST.

I also like the idea of using the driver size in the naming (makes it easier to differentiate) HT2-TL(16) & HT2-TL(18)

charmerci

« Reply #26 on: 24 May 2013, 05:13 pm »
How about HT16-TL?

Ace Deprave

« Reply #27 on: 24 May 2013, 05:50 pm »

How about Veracity ST

it reflects the quality of both lines

I like this one the best, so far.

I can't wait for mine to be ready, whatever they end up being named!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #28 on: 24 May 2013, 06:12 pm »
How about Veracity ST

I like that!  :thumb:

et+kooper

« Reply #29 on: 24 May 2013, 11:43 pm »
Veracity ST sounds great.

iamjaymo

« Reply #30 on: 25 May 2013, 02:34 am »
I would buy the "new speaker" as the HT2-TL are too large of a footprint for my small listening room. To get the same sound in the SCST cabinet would be fantastic.

Austin08

« Reply #31 on: 25 May 2013, 03:02 am »
How about Veracity ST

Yeah, sound good to me.

et+kooper

« Reply #32 on: 25 May 2013, 04:42 pm »
Supercharged Song Towers  SUPREME

sanlanman

« Reply #33 on: 28 May 2013, 03:52 pm »
How about Songtower EXB for EXtended Bass?

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #34 on: 28 May 2013, 05:34 pm »
How about Songtower EXB for EXtended Bass?

Well--the W15 version extends bass below that of the ER15 version, so that could be a little confusing. 

chargedmr2

« Reply #35 on: 29 May 2013, 01:58 pm »
I think the identity of the ST is wrapped up in the idea that it is the best sounding floor standing speaker under $2000.  The further you deviate from this, the less sense it makes to retain the ST branding.  The Supercharged ST already deviates quite a bit.  Going even further may not make good sense.  If the bass performance of this new speaker is very similar to the HT2-TL, then I would place this speaker in the Veracity line as a few others have suggested (since the midrange and top end will also be very very similar).  I think it may have also made better sense to place the SCST in the Veracity series since it is probably more similar to the HT2-TL than the standard ST.  But I suppose re-naming is not an option now. 

As far as naming, I would leave ST out entirely and go with some version of HT2-TL(x).  Maybe (c) for compact or something similar, but equally simple.  Or maybe add the driver size in parentheses and add this to the other models too, including the HT2, HT1-TL, etc. 

Just my thoughts...

ratso

« Reply #36 on: 29 May 2013, 04:16 pm »
  Also agree that there seems to be an awful lot of very similar speakers between the standard SongTowers, ST-RT, SC-ST, HT2, HT2-TL, and now HT2-TL"Jr."   :scratch:

it is getting awfully confusing. and at the end of the day, being a custom speaker builder the choices are infinite anyways. for marketing reasons, i think it would be a lot easier to pick the best/most popular models out of the above and consolidate these. for instance the HT2-TL could just simply be the new W16 model. and the optional choices could be listed under the options section. it would be nice to have ONE base songtower, songbird, HT1, HT2, etc. and then just let people know all the options/pricing (TL version, driver choices, etc). if you wanted to really highlight some choices, you could expand your "options" section, maybe jazz it up with a few pictures and more in-depth descriptions of selected options.

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #37 on: 29 May 2013, 05:20 pm »
I think it will help to visualize all of Jim's offerings.  The chart below will help visualize where the new model will fit.  After analyzing the Song Series and Veracity line it appears the new design may push the HT2-TL out and make way for an equivalent yet smaller speaker.  Quite incredible if you ask me.

chargedmr2

« Reply #38 on: 29 May 2013, 11:06 pm »
Is that chart correct...the SCSTs have the same frequency response as the HT2-TLs?  Can the HT2-TLs be pushed harder, producing more SPL?

jsalk

« Reply #39 on: 30 May 2013, 01:22 pm »
Is that chart correct...the SCSTs have the same frequency response as the HT2-TLs?  Can the HT2-TLs be pushed harder, producing more SPL?

The tuning of these speakers is basically identical.  The HT2-TL's larger woofers will move more air.  So the perceived "weight" of the bass will be greater.  The HT2-TL's will pressurize a larger room better since producing deep bass requires moving a lot of air.

- Jim