To Grill Cloth or Not To Grill Cloth ??

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
Re: To Grill Cloth or Not To Grill Cloth ??
« Reply #20 on: 15 Apr 2010, 07:17 pm »
The Grill cloth usually screw up the great sound of the speakers. You can build your own custom fitted 'sock' made from black fabric polyester. These are available at many speaker suppliers.

*Scotty*

« Reply #21 on: 15 Apr 2010, 08:54 pm »
My advice is to go your neighborhood fabric store and purchase the lightest weight polyester single knit jersey fabric you can find in the color of your choice. There is no magic to "speaker grill cloth" that requires you to buy it.
Scotty

werd

« Reply #22 on: 17 Apr 2010, 02:10 am »
If the speakers are sitting on carpet the grills off have been the way to go for me. Currently my speakers are sitting on laminate flooring so the difference is less. It just sounds like the speaker is pointing right at you with the grills off.

The Acoustic zens i own come with a packing bag. A light black linen cloth protector that goes over the entire speaker for protection. My room isn't treated so it was a surprise to me what the speaker sounded like with the bag on while playing. It wasn't bad at all, not muffled or stale in high freq. It appeared to disperse any sound that was building up around the entire speaker. Sort of an entire speaker grill thing.