Early Adopter dspNexus 2x8 has arrived!

Jaytor

Re: Early Adopter dspNexus 2x8 has arrived!
« Reply #20 on: 8 Sep 2023, 11:48 pm »
Thanks Rich. Emilson from Danville also gave me some suggestions. I'm hoping I can find some time this weekend to try out a few things.

Jaytor

« Reply #21 on: 9 Sep 2023, 12:00 am »
btw - I decided to go to CAF and look forward to meeting you there.

HAL

« Reply #22 on: 9 Sep 2023, 04:00 pm »
Jaytor,
Hopefully the inputs will get you working.  Emilson is the software developer, so he is my reference when I get stumped.

Stop by CAF room 708 and say hello!  Always good to meet up to AC folks and have a chat.

Rich 

Jaytor

« Reply #23 on: 11 Sep 2023, 09:15 pm »
I was able to get it to work after changing the working directory, although not reliably yet. I think I still need some tweaks to the timeouts, etc. I have a video call scheduled with Emilson tomorrow, so I'm sure we'll get it figured out.

HAL

« Reply #24 on: 5 Oct 2023, 02:58 pm »
Hollis Audio Labs has sold and setup six EA dspNexus 2x8 systems to customers with great responses to the sound quality of their upgraded systems.

Setting up my EA dspNexus 2x8 system with the modified Magnepan MG10/QR speakers today for some listening and measurements to design the new DSP crossover.   :D

HAL

« Reply #25 on: 22 Nov 2023, 06:06 pm »
Latest update for the new ADSP21569 dspBlok is end of December for the EA units. 

The hardware is complete and the software development is ongoing.  The new DSP is a newer architecture, so new code had to be written and tested.

Another good piece of news is that the AKM AK4499EX DAC boards for the prototypes are at Danville and scheduled to be assembled next week.  Then beta testing begins.
This is going be a for sale upgrade to any dspNexus 2x8 system.  The current price for the upgrade is $1500.00.   

Any system DAC module can be upgraded simply by removing the front panel 4 screws and sliding out the top.  Remove the cable connector from the front panel LCD panel.  Then each existing AK4493 DAC module is 4 screws removed.  Pop out the DAC boards from their sockets.  Install the new AK4499EX DAC into the socket by gently pressing it in once aligned with the screw holes and reinstall the 4 screws.  Reinstall the top panel.  Reconnect the LCD panel connector and install the front panel 4 screws.  The same applies for the ADC and DSP modules.

The DSP software on the next startup sees the new DAC boards and changes over to use them with the existing block diagram. 

HAL

« Reply #26 on: 30 Jan 2024, 01:01 am »
The EA dspNexus 2x8 with the new prototype AKM AK4499EX DAC's is here for listening trials.

Have the system connected to the Monoliths II's for listening.