Improve your Mobile Stereo

medium jim

Improve your Mobile Stereo
« on: 21 Apr 2012, 03:12 pm »
First off, I have no affiliation with any company, product or person involved in Mobile Audio. With said, here's a link that has some useful information with respect to upgrading your system:

http://www.mobileedgeonline.com/wp-content/2008/04/but-my-factory-system-sounds-good/

Please chime in with your thoughts and experiences as that is what will make this circle grow and allow more to learn about how to get true or close to true audiophile sounds in whatever you drive or ride in.

Jim

werd

Re: Improve your Mobile Stereo
« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2012, 03:58 pm »
Ok I'll bite

Here's a tip for anybody using a sub in a separate enclosure. Aside from caps, and mono amps a nice touch includes spiking up your bass cabinet. Just like you would do under a home speaker. It's not all that hard to do. If you can reach in and grab your sub enclosure and pick it up you can spike it.

It will smooth your bass tremendously. Too much energy gets transferred from the bottom of your sub box to the car without spikes. Makes some frequencies boomy and some flat.

The only draw back is it makes it hard to get the sub in and out of the car since now the sub doesn't slide. Carpet material gets caught up underneath when reaching and lifting.

No one in car audio does this. Even In the pro installation bays they will look at you funny.

Levi

Re: Improve your Mobile Stereo
« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2012, 02:49 pm »
Like any good audio system, I would start with good clean power delivery.  Period.

Under/over drive pulleys for your alternator helps tune the charging system.