IeGO Entry level Power Cable L70530 now shipping!!! Check first post for info.

mikef

David,

Let me know the price for the 8085 connectors, but I'd be interested in 3 5-foot cords myself.

Thanks

Mike Fox

Big Red Machine

They are very nice cords btw.  I have 2 on source components and I feel there is more air in the sound.

JDUBS

Which one is everyone trying?  The unplated or the plated?

-Jim

Big Red Machine

Sorry, have the silver plated versions.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
how often do you have to clean the unplated copper ends?
b red m, you have a pm.

Zyca

• Industry Participant
    • Acoustic Fun Web Store!
My advice to all of you is to wake up and buy about six each of these
before Zyca wakes up and starts charging real prices for these power
cords....

One of the best I've heard for under 500 bucks!

Full review when we get the new TONE site re done...
(about two weeks)

This has to be the audio deal of the century!

Thank you for your kind words, we do try to have reasonable product sold at reasonable price. ;)

kbuzz3

i just ordered the unplated version...

Zyca

• Industry Participant
how often do you have to clean the unplated copper ends?
b red m, you have a pm.

IeGO personnel told me that unplated one will last about 1~2 years if used in locations that are not too humid.  If you leave it in the socket all the time, it really will not require much in the way of cleaning due to the fact that the contact point won't be interacting as much with air.  I personally don't recommend cleaning unless you feel absolutely have to, and if you are ordering the silver plated version, then the cleaning is not needed at all.  Since oxidized silver is still a very good conductor.

Thanks.

DZetye

I just ordered 3 five footers.  I have been following this thread with much interest.  Are there any more reviews on these?

marvda1

zyca, you have a pm.

slwiser

I think these are already better than my VD power 1 or power 3 cables.  Don't know why but their are at least as good.  Watch out for some price increases as these get better known with greater demand.

I am using these as a supply to one headphone amp the Yamamoto HA-02 and my source the Lavry DA10 to which both are definitely changed to the better with these cables.  Apparently both are very sensitive to power cables.

One more thing...these cables are very flexible for their diameter.
« Last Edit: 6 Apr 2008, 12:35 am by slwiser »

Zyca

• Industry Participant
I think these are already better than my VD power 1 or power 3 cables.  Don't know why but their are at least as good.  Watch out for some price increases as these get better known with greater demand.

I am using these as a supply to one headphone amp the Yamamoto HA-02 and my source the Lavry DA10 to which both are definitely changed to the better with these cables.  Apparently both are very sensitive to power cables.

One more thing...these cables are very flexible for their diameter.

Thanks for the kind words, I had specifically made sure that the cable have any additional woven nylon sleeves.  Those makes the cable look good alright, but it also makes the cable very stiff.  After all, easy of installation kinda rates higher on the chart than good looks with stiff cable. ;)

As for price increase, we try to make sure that the price increase, if any, will be inline with the actual cost increases.  (for example, the manic copper price increase a while back, or the recent slump of US dollars)  It is my personal principle that I don't do those things, as they say, treat others the way that you would like to be treated. ;)

Thanks.

marvda1

zyca, is the copper in the two cables the same just one is silver plated?

Zyca

• Industry Participant
zyca, is the copper in the two cables the same just one is silver plated?

The cable are 100% the same, just the connector is different, one with unplated copper connector, one with silver plated connector.

Thanks.

Zyca

• Industry Participant
David,

Let me know the price for the 8085 connectors, but I'd be interested in 3 5-foot cords myself.

Thanks

Mike Fox

Hello Mike,

The price will be slightly higher than the 8065, but not by much.  I should have some in stock soon as well. ;)

In addition to the gold plated 8085CT, I'll also have a few 8095CT in at the same time.  8095CT is the top of the class, PURE SILVER with Rhodium plating.  Yes, solid pure silver (99.999 purity) with protective Rhodium plating.   I will only get a few 8095CT at this time due to the cost of it.  (Literally almost 4 times the total cost of 8055CT version)

Zyca

• Industry Participant
For those who want to see the details of 8085CT, here's some I just shot a few hours ago.  I was at IeGO's repair shop where they actually have all the parts that makes up their 80x5CT series product and some rather interesting new cables.

American Type B pins

IEC female Pins

Got Gold?  (Click and see)

We use these pure copper locking rings to lock wires in place, not aluminum. (color's a bit washed due to lighting condition, but they are rendered more accurately in the next photo.)

Copper locking rings installed into the American Type B plug. (click and see)

IEC female plug, exposed.

8085CT on L80229... Yes, a different and higher end cable. ;)  Will be testing them and see tomorrow.

Well, hope you guys like the photos, I will have some other interesting stuff regarding higher end products as well as some nice sounding and affordable interconnect (RCAs).  Info should be available shortly ;)

For now, please enjoy. ;)

Zyca

• Industry Participant
As an added note,  IeGO power cables are all pre-tested at up to 1000V to ensure all insulation and wiring are done properly, typically the fluke megaohm meter will show between 600~800 megaohm depending on voltage used to test.  (250V, 500V and then 1000V)

I personally don't really recommend using it on stuff that does 500 and 1000V, but it is perfectly safe using IeGO power cables on 200~240V power systems.  As an added incentive on using the American style Type B connectors, I have asked about the pricing on European type rounded pin connectors.   Well, the pricing is prohibitive, with bare copper connector costing about 4 times more than the American version and pure silver version costing over 6 times more.

This is due to the fact that not only European style connector uses a lot more metal (1 pin on it is almost enough material for all three pins on the American version), it also requires special technique to cast the pins perfectly so that it is devoid of any bubbles or imperfections.   While the American version needs either simple stamping (copper) or powder metal forging.

Zyca

• Industry Participant
All these close-up photos of shiny power cord hardware is giving me a stiffy.

Do the power cords come with a complimentary tube sock?

Heh, nah, but nice try tho.  IeGO will be sticking to cables for now. ;)
« Last Edit: 9 Apr 2008, 10:49 am by Zyca »

Zyca

• Industry Participant
Been testing the newer L80229 cable for a couple of days now, and I've found that L80229 indeed is a worthy upgrade over the original L70530 cable.  I have not received the detailed info on the new cable yet, but it is said to have some strands in copper + 1% gold, some are copper + large percentage of silver + 1% gold, and some thin strands are pure silver.

The newer cable with just 12 hour run in time (on a PS3 running folding at home) already sound a fair bit better than a L70530 that had been running in for a while, I left it running on my CDP-X5000 for further break-in at the moment.

Early estimate of the cable pricing would be:

1.5M with silver plate appox $185ish
1.5M with gold plate appox $195ish

bare copper version will not be stocked but will be made on a by request basis, since early testing had shown that Rhodium and Gold plated version best compliment this cable without making the price go through the roof or drag down the performance of the cable itself.

The top end pure silver/rhodium plate version (8095CT) will also be available, but it will be quite a bit more expensive.  We plan to stock a few with L80229 cable attached, since the two compliment each other quite nicely.  Of course, if you'd like 8095CT with the original L70530 cable, we can do that as well, but it would be by request as well.

The original series of 8055/8065CT with L70530 cable will still be offered at the original great price. ;)

PS: in case I forgot to mention it before, all by-request/custom length cables will have a lead time of about 1 week before it can be shipped.  However, there will be no additional charge for it, just that we have to schedule the cable to be produced in an orderly manner.

slwiser

Did I miss it somewhere or have you yet to show us the cross section of the new cable like you did for the L70530  cable in the first post?

Thanks