BRYSTON CD PLAYER SURVEY

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
Re: BRYSTON CD PLAYER SURVEY
« Reply #400 on: 27 Jul 2015, 12:54 am »
  James, for all of us disk spinners (lol) ,was wondering if the BCD-2 is a forgotten project at this point. It would be a challenge to beat the CD1 but I'm hopeful ...cheers...............redbook : :beer:

drummermitchell

« Reply #401 on: 27 Jul 2015, 02:27 am »
I'll just do a quick response here,I loved my BCD-1 and there was no way I would do a disc less player,
I loved the sound and didn't mind the manual labour of loading discs and also searching thru my 500 cds for one song.
The BDP-2 END OF STORY.
Not knocking the bcd in any respect as like I said I loved mine until I tried the BDP.
I will say if Bryston came out with a BCD-2 or 3,it won't happen for me the BDP's sound just as good and man the convenience of being anywhere in your house and firing her up,making a playlist from 1000's of cds instead of playing one cd for just a couple of songs and tryin to find the damn cd(even if organized)for one song.
Yrs ago we used man to plow the field,then came machinery,and now it saves so much time and even the convenience is a HUGE PLUS.
I was there a few yrs back and I will not go back to that,I still have all my cd's :thumb:.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #402 on: 27 Jul 2015, 01:30 pm »
  James, for all of us disk spinners (lol) ,was wondering if the BCD-2 is a forgotten project at this point. It would be a challenge to beat the CD1 but I'm hopeful ...cheers...............redbook : :beer:

Hi

We are going to look at that once the BDA-3 is done.

james

redbook

« Reply #403 on: 27 Jul 2015, 02:36 pm »
 Oh good, thanks again  :thumb:

redbook

« Reply #404 on: 27 Jul 2015, 02:40 pm »
I'll just do a quick response here,I loved my BCD-1 and there was no way I would do a disc less player,
I loved the sound and didn't mind the manual labour of loading discs and also searching thru my 500 cds for one song.
The BDP-2 END OF STORY.
Not knocking the bcd in any respect as like I said I loved mine until I tried the BDP.
I will say if Bryston came out with a BCD-2 or 3,it won't happen for me the BDP's sound just as good and man the convenience of being anywhere in your house and firing her up,making a playlist from 1000's of cds instead of playing one cd for just a couple of songs and tryin to find the damn cd(even if organized)for one song.
Yrs ago we used man to plow the field,then came machinery,and now it saves so much time and even the convenience is a HUGE PLUS.
I was there a few yrs back and I will not go back to that,I still have all my cd's :thumb:.
   There are some of us that enjoy putting on a record . It's a carry over from the old days but part of the ritual I guess. Besides , plowing the field  was good exercise.   :lol:   LOL
« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2015, 06:56 am by redbook »

spinner

« Reply #405 on: 27 Jul 2015, 02:42 pm »
 Ditto that Redbook :thumb:

redbook

« Reply #406 on: 27 Jul 2015, 09:33 pm »
 I hope that if the new player comes out it will have a tray loader, please :bowdown:

Samurai7595

« Reply #407 on: 28 Jul 2015, 11:04 am »
I hope that if the new player comes out it will have a tray loader, please :bowdown:

+1  :thumb:

mkaiser

« Reply #408 on: 28 Jul 2015, 10:35 pm »
Hi

We are going to look at that once the BDA-3 is done.

james

Awesome, good news.  :thumb:

rmurray

« Reply #409 on: 28 Jul 2015, 11:39 pm »
  Oh good there's still hope for this................ :dance:

2 channel man

« Reply #410 on: 2 Aug 2015, 11:55 pm »
I guess it what comes down to is the new drive you found reliable? and will the price point fit in the line? or just be another piece.

redbook

« Reply #411 on: 3 Aug 2015, 03:27 am »
I guess it what comes down to is the new drive you found reliable? and will the price point fit in the line? or just be another piece.
     That's a very good point but  I trust Bryston to keep reliability as a key factor. :thumb:

Bill310

« Reply #412 on: 24 Aug 2015, 03:57 am »
James,

A few years ago we burned almost 5,000 CDs and put the CD's in storage. I still view that as both a colossal waste of time and the depersonalization of the process of simply listening to music.

I miss the tactile access to my music, the selecting of a CD, reading the liner notes and the satisfaction of coming downstairs to see the jewel boxes of last night's music spread haphazardly on the coffee table. For me the inclusion of simply loading a CD player into the listening process is part of the magic of listening to music.

At the moment I am actively looking for a used Bryston CD Player. I would prefer to just be buying a new one from Bryston.

I have owned Bryston equipment for almost 20 years, a pair of the original PMC lb1s completes my system. My Bryston components have never failed me and their timeless quality and the music they create  is something that I enjoy immensely.

If Bryston did a crowdfunding to fund a  new CD player off the ground I would immediately sign up as a funder. What could be better than getting the new Bryston Player first and having it be the limited edition model to boot?

You can mark me down as a YES

mav52

« Reply #413 on: 24 Aug 2015, 12:50 pm »
James,

A few years ago we burned almost 5,000 CDs and put the CD's in storage. I still view that as both a colossal waste of time and the depersonalization of the process of simply listening to music.

I miss the tactile access to my music, the selecting of a CD, reading the liner notes and the satisfaction of coming downstairs to see the jewel boxes of last night's music spread haphazardly on the coffee table. For me the inclusion of simply loading a CD player into the listening process is part of the magic of listening to music.

At the moment I am actively looking for a used Bryston CD Player. I would prefer to just be buying a new one from Bryston.

I have owned Bryston equipment for almost 20 years, a pair of the original PMC lb1s completes my system. My Bryston components have never failed me and their timeless quality and the music they create  is something that I enjoy immensely.

If Bryston did a crowdfunding to fund a  new CD player off the ground I would immediately sign up as a funder. What could be better than getting the new Bryston Player first and having it be the limited edition model to boot?

You can mark me down as a YES

I agree with you.  Something about doing some manual manipulation of loading a CD or dropping the needle on a LP. I like that.

Regarding looking for a used BCD.  On those existing BCD-1 out there for sale, I worry about a purchase in the event a transport fails, does Bryston have transports to support service in the event one fails..

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #414 on: 24 Aug 2015, 01:08 pm »
I agree with you.  Something about doing some manual manipulation of loading a CD or dropping the needle on a LP. I like that.

Regarding looking for a used BCD.  On those existing BCD-1 out there for sale, I worry about a purchase in the event a transport fails, does Bryston have transports to support service in the event one fails..

Yes we still have a lot of transports available.  Also heard from a dealer in Alberta that has a BCD-1 for sale in perfect condition.  Email me if you want the dealers name.  jamestanner@bryston.com

james

Bill310

« Reply #415 on: 24 Aug 2015, 01:22 pm »
email sent

redbook

« Reply #416 on: 24 Aug 2015, 04:50 pm »

Yes, that manual act of  "playing a record" has always been part of the listening experience for me. :thumb:

Chicago

« Reply #417 on: 24 Aug 2015, 07:02 pm »
  Yes, that manual act of  "playing a record" has always been part of the listening experience for me. :thumb:

I also like spinning cd's and if I had the room I would buy a new turntable and start building a vinyl collection before going the digital route.  I can see why some folks are drawn to the convenience of digital and many feel the sound is superior, but part of my enjoyment is looking for the cd and sometimes while searching I will come across a cd I haven't played in years and it is like a bonus for the search. 

My sons both have good two channel systems and one of them is digital and the other is vinyl only.  The son that plays vinyl has a cd player but he stored it after building a vinyl collection.  So I don't think any of the source methods are dead.  I have been thinking about buying a good quality tuner for the last couple of years because I miss listening to the radio.  I still have an antenna on the roof and it is wired to the area by my BP-25, so I may still do that.

James, thank you for keeping the project alive.

spinner

« Reply #418 on: 24 Aug 2015, 07:38 pm »
I also like spinning cd's and if I had the room I would buy a new turntable and start building a vinyl collection before going the digital route.  I can see why some folks are drawn to the convenience of digital and many feel the sound is superior, but part of my enjoyment is looking for the cd and sometimes while searching I will come across a cd I haven't played in years and it is like a bonus for the search. 

My sons both have good two channel systems and one of them is digital and the other is vinyl only.  The son that plays vinyl has a cd player but he stored it after building a vinyl collection.  So I don't think any of the source methods are dead.  I have been thinking about buying a good quality tuner for the last couple of years because I miss listening to the radio.  I still have an antenna on the roof and it is wired to the area by my BP-25, so I may still do that.

James, thank you for keeping the project alive.  I fully agree. It's the same for me. I love going to my cd shelves and searching for a record. In that process of rediscovering the forgotten ones I can enjoy them all over again.. My user name "Spinner" says it all for me, and yes, thanks James for working on this old but timeless concept  :dance: