Getting ready for LSAF 2023 for demo room

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
Re: Getting ready for LSAF 2023 for demo room
« Reply #40 on: 2 Jun 2023, 05:21 pm »
The last pair of Neutrik Speakon connectors for the servo sub modules are ready to be wired and then mounted in the sub modules.

Then test the 3x12's servo sub stacks and do some listening.  :thumb:

Snip the excess off of your wire ties.

RandyH

« Reply #41 on: 2 Jun 2023, 10:27 pm »
Enjoyed the listening session this afternoon.  Thanks for playing "I want you back" by Lakeside Drive.  What a nice setup you have.

HAL

« Reply #42 on: 3 Jun 2023, 01:40 am »
Enjoyed the listening session this afternoon.  Thanks for playing "I want you back" by Lakeside Drive.  What a nice setup you have.
RandyH,
Thanks for stopping by for a listen and glad you enjoyed it! 

The dspNexus 2x8 is a very capable DSP crossover, HiRez DAC and digital volume control system.  I do not use a preamp anymore.

Treating the room did help alot for sound quality.

Best,
Rich

HAL

« Reply #43 on: 3 Jun 2023, 11:07 am »
Last time I saw this system, you had a room too big for it. How's the normal room treating you?
mix4fix,
This room is 15ftx15ft and it needed acoustic correction.  That was the first thing we did.

Like sitting in a giant pair of headphones with this system.  Nearfield listening and I like it!  :thumb:

Gary Gill stopped by and he had a listen.  He was very happy with the system sound.  Lots of great feedback from listeners on the sound quality.  Qobuz makes it easy for them to listen to familiar songs to help with their assessment.  You get to hear a lot of great music that was totally unknown before the show to me.

Gary said that come CAF rooms are still available, so will see what might be possible. 

Now getting ready for Day 2!

uncola

« Reply #44 on: 3 Jun 2023, 11:46 am »
I hope audiophile junkie films you for his youtube channel.. he built nx-tremes for himself in his garage so he knows dipole

HAL

« Reply #45 on: 3 Jun 2023, 12:23 pm »
uncola,
We had two video bloggers yesterday taking videos in the room.  Will be interesting to see who comes today! :)

HAL

« Reply #46 on: 4 Jun 2023, 11:15 am »
Danny and Hobbs stopped by for a listen to the room and we got a thumbs up!   :thumb:  The 3x12 H-Frame servo subs are providing a bottom end second to none in a 15ft x 15ft hotel room. 

Having a great show and the room is always packed.  Lots of great music since we are taking requests with Qobuz for listening.

The room is small, but having a nearfield setup like a monitoring room works very well.  Everyone is very happy with their music being played back and lots of discussions.   :D

Day 3 is about to begin.  Stop on by for a listen!  We even have one person bring in good beer! :)

gab

« Reply #47 on: 4 Jun 2023, 01:44 pm »
One of my favorite rooms at this years LSAF! Thanks Rich for making the trip down here and letting us locals hear your latest creation! Really enjoyed it.

gab

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #48 on: 4 Jun 2023, 03:46 pm »
Just got home from the LSAF. 
The HAL room was far and away the best sounding- honestly nothing else was close.  Although it was usually busy, I got several shots at the sweet spot (but the adjacent seats sounded almost as good).  Listening to the picks of others, mostly pop/jazz/rock, all of which sounded good, I picked a Chopin nocturne.  A solo piano on stage playing a delicate piece was stunningly real.  Concert grand, well back on the stage, listener slightly left at row 6... I have to say I was quite stunned that a near field system could re-create this sound image.  The treble was crisp, midrange full, and bass reverberation as real as it gets.  I know it's good when I get goosebumbs, and I got them. Piano solo is soooo hard to get right. 
Then we switched to the old RCA Scheherazade to see what it would do with full bombastic orchestra.  Everything in its place, all instruments tonally right, nothing lost or smeared.  To pull off this kind of sound in a small, crowded room is stunning,  a real feat. 

Well done, Rich!  Very well done.   :thumb:

HAL

« Reply #49 on: 5 Jun 2023, 03:09 am »
gab and S Clark,
Thank you both for the words of encouragement!  That means a lot for this projects outcome!   :D

After 5 years in development the dspNexus 2x8 is ready for use and many people that stopped in asked about how it was applicable to their systems.  Explained the capabiiities and all were able to understand and different levels, but grasped the reason why it was developed and were very happy with the sound reproduction.  Made my day!

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #50 on: 5 Jun 2023, 04:22 am »
Here's video coverage by Audiophile Junkie on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/@AudiophileJunkie/videos

HAL

« Reply #51 on: 7 Jun 2023, 02:12 am »
marvda1,
The updates stopped after Day 2.  Pretty sure I spotted his shirt on Day 3 of the show. 

Here is another site with some room pics of 204.

https://audioroundtable.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=23533&start=0&

HAL

« Reply #52 on: 11 Jun 2023, 03:22 am »
Back home from TX!   :D

Watching for the Audiophile Junkie's show coverage of Day 3 at LSAF.

HAL

« Reply #53 on: 2 Aug 2023, 01:55 am »
LSAF2023 show coverage from Positive Feedback Magazine.  Thanks to Norm Tracy for the wonderful feedback on the room!

https://positive-feedback.com/show-reports/lone-star-audio-fest-2023/