Upgrade Path for Older Lamps

DavidS

Upgrade Path for Older Lamps
« on: 24 Feb 2015, 04:48 pm »
I was an early North American adopter of a lampizator dac.  Mine - I think - is a gen 3 level 3 (it says 2 1/2 and 2 on the back in slim box but was told the former) - is 3+ years old.  Still loving it on a daily basis. 

Also enjoying reading about how the North American lampizator brand has taken off, and the continuing upgrades that Lukas and team seem to be pumping out - so wondering if there is an upgrade path for earlier lampizator dacs that also recognizes the investment that I made when I first purchased lampizator.

Also wonder whether others have gone down the upgrade path and what the results have been - just any comments or discussion.

Thanks

Gopher

Re: Upgrade Path for Older Lamps
« Reply #1 on: 26 Feb 2015, 04:55 pm »
Hi David,

I'm glad to hear that DAC has withstood the test of time for you and it sounds like you truly enjoy the music listening to it.  Your DAC came before my involvement in the company, but our policy is not to leave our customers hanging and I'd be happy to work up some options with you tailored to your needs.

Why don't you drop me a PM and give me an idea as to what you might hope to accomplish.

We've had guys upgrade the digital pcbs, dsd modules, capacitor swaps, output stage tweaks, added outputs, etc. and I'm sure we could work something out to keep you enjoying for several more years to come.

Fred

Gopher

Re: Upgrade Path for Older Lamps
« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2015, 03:46 pm »
To those interested in how this wrapped up, Lukasz spent the better part of today personally updating David's Gen 2.5 DAC from 2010 to our current standards.   We make it our mission to support all of our customers and make sure no DAC we sell is ever 'obsolete'.

Here are a few pictures of the man at work:

You are in for a treat, David!

Best,

Fred