Nice updated web site Jim!

earthbound

Nice updated web site Jim!
« on: 27 Apr 2009, 03:22 am »
Looks more professional and is easier to navigate. I'm so impressed I think I'll order a couple speakers. No wait, I already did!

jsalk

Re: Nice updated web site Jim!
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2009, 03:37 am »
Thanks.  It should have been done a long time ago and there is still much work to be done.  But I thought if I didn't post it, there was no telling how long it would take to get finished.  Now I have a good deal of incentive to get it done!

- Jim

HerculePirate

« Reply #2 on: 27 Apr 2009, 03:51 am »
Yeah....
Good looking website
I really like the Flash based websites.... They seem great
Also the Veracity of the Month needs Updating....that was the first thing I checked.
PLease

Regards

HP

rlee8394

« Reply #3 on: 27 Apr 2009, 04:04 am »
Although the link for the HT2-TL points to the HT2 info. Doesn't look like there is specific/updaated info for the HT2-TL.

Ron

rlee8394

« Reply #4 on: 27 Apr 2009, 04:09 am »
Found it. It is OK under the direct HT2-TL link. The bad page where I found the wrong link is:

http://www.salksound.com/speakers_veracity.shtml

Click the "click for more..." link under HT2-TL and it sends you to the HT2 product. The link goes to:

http://www.salksound.com/speakers_veracity_ht2.shtml

It needs to be:

http://www.salksound.com/speakers_veracity_ht2-tl.shtml

Ron

Kokishin

• Cirroc: Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer
« Reply #5 on: 27 Apr 2009, 07:39 am »
Hi Jim,

Like your redesigned website! 

Found a typo.  http://www.salksound.com/speakers_veracity_ht2-tl_pricing.shtml

In the cabinet comparisons table, under Custom cabinet: $4195
plus the cost of premium veneer or cusomt  paint finish

jsalk

« Reply #6 on: 27 Apr 2009, 12:21 pm »
Thanks for all the positive comments and for the head's up on problems.  Switching over to this new site was a huge undertaking and we are a long way from being finished.  With as many links as there are on the site, I'm sure there are a few more bad links and misspellings.  But we'll work them all out.

I also want to publicly thank Curtis Andriotti for all the work he put into this project.  Nice job Curtis!

- Jim

Paul K.

« Reply #7 on: 27 Apr 2009, 01:44 pm »
I looked at your revised site yesterday.  It really is quite good and easy to navigate and I want to publicly thank you for giving me credit for my contribution to the HT2 TL design (and to Martin King, too, for his software I used).  At InDIYana I was amazed at the dynamic range of the HT2 TLs, especially in that "country" sound track.

Thanks for all the positive comments and for the head's up on problems.  Switching over to this new site was a huge undertaking and we are a long way from being finished.  With as many links as there are on the site, I'm sure there are a few more bad links and misspellings.  But we'll work them all out.

I also want to publicly thank Curtis Andriotti for all the work he put into this project.  Nice job Curtis!

- Jim

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #8 on: 27 Apr 2009, 02:05 pm »
Great job, Jim.  And I see you're starting to get the measurements posted (HT2TL, ST).
See you on Saturday in beautiful downtown Livonia. 

mathgeek97

« Reply #9 on: 27 Apr 2009, 02:52 pm »
Great job, Jim.  And I see you're starting to get the measurements posted (HT2TL, ST).
See you on Saturday in beautiful downtown Livonia. 
Jim,
Big improvement to the site!  I would suggest making each measurement graph (HT2-TL, ST) a clickable hyperlink to the full size .gif/.bmp files (possibly made to be a "pop-up" so the user does not lose navigation away from the main site).  In my browser (Internet Explorer) the reduced sized graphs are mostly unreadable, but when I manually looked at the full-sized versions, everything looked good.

Thanks,
Kevin

Nuance

« Reply #10 on: 27 Apr 2009, 06:03 pm »
Great work, Jim.  Everything is looking great.  No SongTower RT yet I see.  Hopefully those can get posted along with measurements.  :)  Then we just need links to the "pro" reviews.  :)

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #11 on: 27 Apr 2009, 06:13 pm »
No SongTower RT yet I see. 

The RT is there, under options.  Additionally, the upgrade to solid wood front edge trim refers to the HT2-TL rather than ST.

OgOgilby

« Reply #12 on: 27 Apr 2009, 08:45 pm »
A couple link issues on this page: http://www.salksound.com/speakers_veracity.shtml

If you click on you get the Veracity QW page.

If you click on the "click for more..." (under the Veracity HTC image) link you go to the veracity HTS page.

jsalk

« Reply #13 on: 27 Apr 2009, 09:32 pm »
Thanks.  Fixed.

- Jim

boatschool02

« Reply #14 on: 28 Apr 2009, 12:28 am »
Nicely done.

For cosmetically indecisive people like me, easy access to the gallery is key to narrowing down the possibilities.

Thank you,

Luke

funkmonkey

« Reply #15 on: 28 Apr 2009, 03:40 am »
New web site is looking great Jim.  :thumb:

another bug I found:  HT3 and HT3-active seem to be swaped if getting there from the "Veracity" page, with all the clickable logos.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #16 on: 28 Apr 2009, 07:08 am »

Well done Jim !  Very nice work Curtis   :thumb:  Much easier to navigate, and get where you want to go without slipping off the tab. Of course for us more mature viewers a slightly larger font couldn't hurt, or a 'magnify' option.  :lol:

Am curious Jim, the first thing I noted when I saw Gary's QWs was the lack of a baffle. I was thinking he said that was the new design, but the pic on the site still shows the baffle version. Are they available both ways, and that is an option with a cost difference ? Personally I like the look of his much better, but that's individual preference. If you have pics of his you might add them to the page, I think it would provide an enhanced impression to see them with & w/o the baffle.

I didn't find/see a specs section on the QW, did I miss it ? I was curious to compare them and the HT2-TL.

If it matters, in the V-3 pricing section, the Custom Cabinets paragraph (& specs) note $4495, while the comparison chart below that paragraph notes $3995 for Custom Cabinets.

jsalk

« Reply #17 on: 28 Apr 2009, 12:51 pm »

Well done Jim !  Very nice work Curtis   :thumb:  Much easier to navigate, and get where you want to go without slipping off the tab. Of course for us more mature viewers a slightly larger font couldn't hurt, or a 'magnify' option.  :lol:

Am curious Jim, the first thing I noted when I saw Gary's QWs was the lack of a baffle. I was thinking he said that was the new design, but the pic on the site still shows the baffle version. Are they available both ways, and that is an option with a cost difference ? Personally I like the look of his much better, but that's individual preference. If you have pics of his you might add them to the page, I think it would provide an enhanced impression to see them with & w/o the baffle.

I didn't find/see a specs section on the QW, did I miss it ? I was curious to compare them and the HT2-TL.

If it matters, in the V-3 pricing section, the Custom Cabinets paragraph (& specs) note $4495, while the comparison chart below that paragraph notes $3995 for Custom Cabinets.

Some of the pages on the new site are new.  Some are just copied over from the old site and we haven't had time to update them yet.  The QW's and V3's are examples.  These were changed many times on the old site and there is work to be done.  As for the front baffles on the QW's, we can do them either way.  However, we may not get to fixing those pages as the QW's may be replaced in the near future.

- Jim

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #18 on: 28 Apr 2009, 02:38 pm »
Thanks for the info Jim. Replacements for the QW eh. Verrry interesting. Can hardly wait to see what those will bring to the table. Keep us posted, I might even have to work some OT to expand my Salk collection.

Best Wishes for good time at AKfest, wish I could be there.   8)

funkmonkey

« Reply #19 on: 30 Apr 2009, 01:54 am »
Jim, a couple more odd links (from Veracity page) if you click the Veracity HTC logo, it takes you to the QW page.  If you click "click for more info..." underneath the HTC logo you go to the HTS page....

Should we keep posting bugs in the new site here?  or take it to PM or email?