Another new member to the family of Omega Speakers!

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
Hello all. I just wanted to share my enthusiasm as a new member to the family of Omega Speakers! After MUCH contemplation, research, reading and discussion with other members on multiple forums and of course a few emails and phone calls with Louis himself, I decided to take the leap of faith and ordered some Omega speakers. Talking with Louis was and is a complete pleasure, he sold me on just his passion and enthusiasm alone, who cares what the speakers sound like. :) Kidding. But you can really tell that he enjoys what he does and loves spending time with his customers to make sure they get what best fits their needs. And after we kicked around a few ideas, we came to the conclusion that a version of the Outlaw Super 3XRS is what I needed. Because I wanted the magic of the 3XRS but needed the extra low end oomph of the active amp and 8 inch driver. I am very excited to get them and will post pictures and my initial impressions once I get them. Until then, maybe you guys can help me pick a finish for them. I really like the Ebony finish but also like those tweed finishes. I don't know. So indecisive.   

milford3

Re: Another new member to the family of Omega Speakers!
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 2015, 06:23 pm »
I like this:

Real BirdsEye Maple

RDavidson

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jun 2015, 06:35 pm »
I like the tweeds a lot, but I'm partial to wood because....well, you just can't go wrong with it. It will always look nice and age beautifully. It is worth the expense, particularly with something you intend to keep long term.

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
« Reply #3 on: 16 Jun 2015, 06:43 pm »
So you are talking about the Level 2 real wood finish right?

FireGuy

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jun 2015, 07:00 pm »
I like the tweeds a lot, but I'm partial to wood because....well, you just can't go wrong with it. It will always look nice and age beautifully. It is worth the expense, particularly with something you intend to keep long term.

I totally endorse the idea of spending a tad more for the real wood.  I've purchased nice sounding speakers (in addition to the Omegas) and went with the cheaper side of the finish and regret that decision.   Real wood veneer is just a "better" product and the upgrade is appreciated every time you listen.  Louis does have a rather nice selection so I'm sure there's a finish compatible with your taste.  He did a fantastic job with the Walnut on my Super 5's. 

RDavidson

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jun 2015, 07:05 pm »
So you are talking about the Level 2 real wood finish right?

Correct. Real wood.

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
« Reply #6 on: 16 Jun 2015, 07:13 pm »
I totally endorse the idea of spending a tad more for the real wood.  I've purchased nice sounding speakers (in addition to the Omegas) and went with the cheaper side of the finish and regret that decision.   Real wood veneer is just a "better" product and the upgrade is appreciated every time you listen.  Louis does have a rather nice selection so I'm sure there's a finish compatible with your taste.  He did a fantastic job with the Walnut on my Super 5's.

Do you have a picture of your Super 5's?

FireGuy

« Reply #7 on: 16 Jun 2015, 07:37 pm »
I do here under "Systems" FireGuy

I will take some better pics when I get home from work tonight and post for you.

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
« Reply #8 on: 16 Jun 2015, 07:38 pm »
I do here under "Systems" FireGuy

I will take some better pics when I get home from work tonight and post for you.

Thanks!

FireGuy

« Reply #9 on: 16 Jun 2015, 11:48 pm »
Hope these provide a decent visual of the walnut.  Notice the slight hue change of the grain given the camera angle.  Pics were taken a minute (or less) apart.  New stands are already in for Father's Day.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 17 Jun 2015, 01:10 am »
FireGuy,
The middle picture shows your Omegas off quite nicely.

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
« Reply #11 on: 18 Jun 2015, 04:40 pm »
Hope these provide a decent visual of the walnut.  Notice the slight hue change of the grain given the camera angle.  Pics were taken a minute (or less) apart.  New stands are already in for Father's Day.

Beautiful finish. Thanks for posting those pics.