New Apollo's Coming!!

jriggy

Re: New Apollo's Coming!!
« Reply #40 on: 17 Jul 2018, 01:52 pm »
Yes, some have aural memory better than others. Mine is actually not to bad... I cant —and shouldn’t— speak for her but Laura has owned her DA-1.1’s for a long time and probably knows her system and room very well. I bet she will have no problem telling us what she gains.

ketcham

• Industry Participant
« Reply #41 on: 17 Jul 2018, 04:20 pm »
Commendable.

My only worry with the Zeus, that although they will work for the current room and perhaps ideal per Lou, when I retire and 'downside'  the house I build will need a large common space.  I wonder if designing a house around an audio system is the true definition of a dork.  (sigh).

fwinston

« Reply #42 on: 17 Jul 2018, 07:12 pm »
Remember the commercial where a woman is sitting across from her architect, puts a faucet on the desk and says, "design a house around this!"?  I think designing a house to include a suitable audio listening space is perfectly reasonable.

charmerci

« Reply #43 on: 17 Jul 2018, 08:25 pm »
  I wonder if designing a house around an audio system is the true definition of a dork.  (sigh).
Yes but the best kind of dork there is!

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #44 on: 20 Jul 2018, 02:28 am »
We just shipped these today!  Apool11 in  figured Claro Walnut!  pretty special!!

Thanks for all the comments!!! :thumb:

A_shah

« Reply #45 on: 20 Jul 2018, 05:41 am »
We just shipped these today!  Apool11 in  figured Claro Walnut!  pretty special!!

They look beautiful ! specially the Claro Walnut ! I am sure they sound GR8 aslo ! :D :popcorn:
Asghar

Drew769

« Reply #46 on: 20 Jul 2018, 11:21 am »

These are STUNNING.  Wow, what a finish.  Those have to have a WAF of 11!

Wig

« Reply #47 on: 20 Jul 2018, 03:32 pm »

They are Beautiful indeed! I have always heard that the Daedalus are a very natural/organic sounding speaker and from the look of those updated tweeters, refinement just went up a few more notches...

Wig :)

dodgealum

« Reply #48 on: 20 Jul 2018, 08:19 pm »
Wow, Lou. Spectacular! What I love about Daedalus is that every pair is a unique work of art. We live in a world that has become increasingly homogenized (globalization, the internet, etc.). Daedalus swims against the current. Top flight SQ and true artisan build quality. Thanks, Lou for doing what you do!!! :thumb:

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #49 on: 2 Aug 2018, 09:46 pm »
Vinyl_Lady:
For those of us who will not be purchasing new Daedalus Audio speakers it would be great if, in your posts about the sound of your Apollo 11's, you could include some comparisons with the sound of your previous DA 1.1 v.2's.

Thank You

I bet Vinyl Lady (Laura) would have no issues differentiating the sonic quality of her speakers. Especially refinements within a family of speakers.  Certain instruments, certain recordings....

Personlly I’m looking for the insight to the Apollo series upgrade.  A Deep woods trip to the great northwest

Those Apollo 11s are special

vinyl_lady

« Reply #50 on: 6 Aug 2018, 11:48 pm »
Remember the commercial where a woman is sitting across from her architect, puts a faucet on the desk and says, "design a house around this!"?  I think designing a house to include a suitable audio listening space is perfectly reasonable.

That is pretty much what I did when I had the music room added to my house in 2005. I took my interior designer's graph paper that had the room dimensions (18 x 25 with a 17' high cathedral ceiling at its peak). I drew two circles on the paper about 5 ft from the front wall and 3 feet or so from the side wall and told her to design the room around those circles. She asked me what those circles represented and I told her the approximate location of my speakers. She looked bewildered and said "don't you want those against the wall so they aren't in the way?" I said no, that would defeat the purpose of the room. she shook her head, but did what I asked and the room turned out great.
« Last Edit: 3 Dec 2019, 03:22 am by vinyl_lady »

vinyl_lady

« Reply #51 on: 6 Aug 2018, 11:56 pm »
Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't responded sooner. I have been traveling since the speakers arrived just after the 4th and I'm currently in Alaska. The good news is I put a CD on repeat and have between 250 and 300 hours on the 11s. I've just started to listen critically. I can tell you that the level of detail, especially in the mids and highs is phenomenal. The soundstage is deeper and wider, and musical presentation is fuller from top to bottom if you know what I mean. Imaging is more precise too than the DA-1.1s which are outstanding speakers in their own right, but the 11s take the sound to a whole new level.

I'll be home thursday and will spend some time listening. I haven't boxed my DA-1.1s up so I can do some side by side comparisons. I have not listened without the BOWs but will do that.

more later,

Laura

nomad1812

« Reply #52 on: 11 Sep 2018, 04:01 am »

Replacing my 96 dB ribbon neodyneum speakers - Ambience 1600 Reference out of Australia, the Zeus.
This is the acoustical space the Zeus will live...

Stay Tuned...

As a man from the "land down under" who owns Ambience Ribboons - 1600's & 1800's - I will be fascinated to hear your thoughts on the difference between the 2.

I have been a fan of Lou speakers for years now & came very close to owning a pair of Ulysses V.2's - unseen & unheard - but alas the "other" Gods were not smiling at that time, as Lou may or may not remember.
I suspect the Zeus bass will better the Ambience speakers but the real test will be vocal reproduction - that is where the Ambience shine & I have not heard any other speaker that matches them for vocal reproduction. Though 96db - the Ambience REALLY like high current amps (high current & high power are not the same) & I suspect the Zeus will also appreciate a high current amp.
When Zeus finally breaks down your door...please let us all know your thoughts - not that I expect them to be negative.
Ambience & Daedalus use very different means to reproduce music - the comparison will be interesting
Thanks
Rob

dodgealum

« Reply #53 on: 3 Dec 2018, 07:57 pm »
Hi Friends:

Lou recently shared a picture of my Apollo cabinets which I thought to share. These are quartersawn white oak stained to match our Stickley furniture. Kudos to Lou for nailing the color (you can see the sample I sent him near the base of one cabinet) and for the inlay design which absolutely rocks! Can't wait to see the finished project and fire these babies up in my listening room!!  :D

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #54 on: 4 Dec 2018, 01:29 am »
From one Apollo owner to another - You're gonna love them!

Congratulations.  :popcorn:

dodgealum

« Reply #55 on: 10 Dec 2018, 02:18 pm »
Getting close now! Here is the latest pic now that Lou has done his magical finish work, which really pulls out the awesome grain structure. This pair is unique in that the front baffle and rear panel are also quarter sawn white oak. Now it is on to loading the drivers and hopefully onto the truck this week so they are home for the holidays!