7B SST SQ Review(s)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: 7B SST SQ Review(s)
« Reply #60 on: 19 Jun 2009, 09:44 pm »
Hi James

Just sitting here on top of the world..... :green: Well actually I am here listening to The Wolf singing about sitting on top of the world.
Just thought out of sheer curiosity if by chance you knew the official  date the Warranty started on the amps.If not no Biggie.
We are have really good weather here on the rock.Rare for us.

Hi,

Starts on the day of finished manufacturing which will be on your check out sheet in each product.

james

1oldguy

« Reply #61 on: 19 Jun 2009, 09:48 pm »
Thanks James

Cant wait to finally see the amps.I'll probably faint the first time I hear them. aa :drool:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #62 on: 19 Jun 2009, 09:56 pm »
Thanks James

Cant wait to finally see the amps.I'll probably faint the first time I hear them. aa :drool:

I feel badly that your sitting on them for 8 months waiting for an SP3. Is there no way you can use an inexpensive preamp - at least in stereo for the time being?

james

1oldguy

« Reply #63 on: 19 Jun 2009, 10:10 pm »
Hi James .....I am a pretty patient type of guy.I've had my B&W's now since Jan 1st of this year.Can you imagine being so close to something that good and only looking.Kinda like looking at the hottest woman in town.Gotta tell ya ......Sometimes it ruff.But hey I am closer now than ever.I do have a crap Kenwood  receiver that may do the trick.I will see what Dave has to say about hooking it up.
I am really new to real high end gear......The last thing I want to do is do something that may toast it.At this very moment Dave has all my gear except for the CD player.He's helping me out till I make my move next weekend.Dave is a great guy to deal with.
It's a shame that even though West end is the Dealer here for Bryston that your gear isn't carried on sight through the store.
The Demo is everything as we both know.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #64 on: 19 Jun 2009, 10:17 pm »
Well your a better man than I Gunga Din.

Given the large investment you have made in Bryston let me know when you get settled in the new digs next week and I will try and find you and older BP20/25 around here that I will loan you so you can have some tunes.

james

1oldguy

« Reply #65 on: 19 Jun 2009, 10:22 pm »
Wow........You are truly one of a kind.That just made my day.
You see peoples.........No one else would would do this.This is way above and beyond.
James ...THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

werd

« Reply #66 on: 19 Jun 2009, 10:25 pm »
Well your a better man than I Gunga Din.

Given the large investment you have made in Bryston let me know when you get settled in the new digs next week and I will try and find you and older BP20/25 around here that I will loan you so you can have some tunes.

james

Hey james

Since your in the mood. Can i borrow your PMC's since your not using now....... lol jk :lol: ?

1oldguy

« Reply #67 on: 19 Jun 2009, 10:28 pm »
Hi James

When I am in the new place I would like to make you a  copy of some original music I did around 2001.
I am looking forward to the new place and making new music,something I haven't done in quite some time.

1oldguy

« Reply #68 on: 15 Jul 2009, 03:13 pm »
Hi James

Wondering if anyone is currently working on a new review regarding the 7B.I have read the Enjoy the Music review,just hungry for more now that I'm a proud owner. :wink:

Levi

« Reply #69 on: 15 Jul 2009, 03:20 pm »
That is an excellent review of the 7B.  What I want to see is the review of the 7B vs 7B sq! 

1oldguy

« Reply #70 on: 20 Jul 2009, 11:27 am »
HI James
Wondering what is the official Price of the 7B's since the price increase?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #71 on: 20 Jul 2009, 12:31 pm »
HI James
Wondering what is the official Price of the 7B's since the price increase?

Hi 1oldguy,

$4195 US.
By the way your preamp and cables should leave this week.

james

1oldguy

« Reply #72 on: 20 Jul 2009, 02:09 pm »
That's sound great.I'm currently painting up the living room a nice soft yellow to give all my Black gear some contrast to  work with.:wink:

If I may ask is there an official Canadian Pricing?

Thanks James

1oldguy

« Reply #73 on: 20 Jul 2009, 02:20 pm »
Hi  James

I've need to ask if it is possible at this point to have the interconnects longer?I was thinking of putting the gear on the other side of the room.I would need it to be 9 feet each instead of 6.I do realize it will cost more.$50 Dollars a foot.I hope it isn't too late.
Crossing my fingers on this one.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #74 on: 20 Jul 2009, 02:29 pm »
Hi  James

I've need to ask if it is possible at this point to have the interconnects longer?I was thinking of putting the gear on the other side of the room.I would need it to be 9 feet each instead of 6.I do realize it will cost more.$50 Dollars a foot.I hope it isn't too late.
Crossing my fingers on this one.

Call Melissa at Bryston and see if she has sent the cables yet.

james

1oldguy

« Reply #75 on: 20 Jul 2009, 02:36 pm »
Hi James

Great news...They weren't sent.I changed it to the 3 meters.

1oldguy

« Reply #76 on: 21 Jul 2009, 01:26 pm »
Well Soon I'll be up and running and will give my first official review of Bryston and B&W ...This should be very interesting.Brings a silly grin to my face just thinking about it. :green:

In the meantime here's a repost of my 802D's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcQq26066OQ
This was shot in jan 1st This year.
P.S Pay no attention the the Kuro.....Since I've returned it due to eye strain. :duh:

95Dyna

« Reply #77 on: 21 Jul 2009, 02:01 pm »
Well Soon I'll be up and running and will give my first official review of Bryston and B&W ...This should be very interesting.Brings a silly grin to my face just thinking about it. :green:

In the meantime here's a repost of my 802D's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcQq26066OQ
This was shot in jan 1st This year.
P.S Pay no attention the the Kuro.....Since I've returned it due to eye strain. :duh:

Hi oldguy,

I'll be looking forward to your 7B/802D impressions.  I haven't decided to get new speakers yet but I have auditioned the 802's with both the MAC 501's and Classe CAM 400's.  There would be no opportunity for me to audition the 802's with the 7B's unless I lug my 7's 2 or three hours from home so your thoughts will be helpful to me.

Bill

1oldguy

« Reply #78 on: 21 Jul 2009, 02:09 pm »
I will be trying the 803D's as well.I guess I'll know if the 802D's are 20% better like they say in the reviews.

Levi

« Reply #79 on: 21 Jul 2009, 05:14 pm »
Good video but looks like you barely uncovered it. I want my 01:20 back. :lol: