Another irresistibly glowing (lilterally) review of the 968

Dracule1

• Facilitator
http://stereotimes.com/speak020408.shtml

but I have to admit I wasn't too thrilled with the reviewers electronics used for the review.

Zero

Re: Another irresistibly glowing (lilterally) review of the 968
« Reply #1 on: 6 Feb 2008, 06:45 am »
If he was able to nail what the product is about - what it can and cannot do - than thats good enough.

Dracule1

• Facilitator
« Reply #2 on: 7 Feb 2008, 07:17 am »
Yea...I agree.  Just wondering how good the 968 will sound with top notch electronics.  Overall a good review, but I got the feeling the reviewer is a relative newbie to highend with all the goo goo ga ga language... not that I haven't been guilty of this myself.   :icon_lol:

malcolmsmith

« Reply #3 on: 4 Oct 2008, 04:51 pm »
I have just received the November 2008 edition of the Absolute Sound and read a most superb review of the Hyperion 968, it is now the reviewers new value-priced,dynamic loudspeaker referance.(His previous referance was the 938!).
I am rather perplexed as I have spoken to the English importer twice and on each occasion he has said keep the 938s,which I admit I am very happy with, as the 968 are not worth the extra and he does not like the metal bass units and reckons the rear port would make them a lot more difficult to place.

Dracule1

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 9 Oct 2008, 07:57 am »
Thanks for the update.  But how in the hell did you get the November issue of TAS?  There website still lists the October issue.  Who was the reviewer by the way?

malcolmsmith

« Reply #5 on: 9 Oct 2008, 08:33 am »
I get the Absolute Sound from the British importer,and i have checked again and it is the november issue. There is a picture of the Wilson X-2 on front cover. The reviewer of the 968 is Jim Hannon.

vsr123

« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2008, 02:02 pm »
I came across this with regards to the 968. I have never heard the 968,  but I am just trying to understand how there can be such great reviews if what this reviewer is saying is true?

http://www.iar-80.com/index.html

anyone?

thanks