What new games have you bought lately?

bubba966

Re: What new games have you bought lately?
« Reply #40 on: 27 Dec 2006, 04:39 am »
Need for Speed "CARBON: Collector's Edition" for XBox360.

Nice. aa
Very nice.

I saw some footage of that on some show that was on Spike. Don't remember what the show was about, but they had Emmanuelle Vaugier on to comment on Carbon (she's Nikki in Carbon). Remember thinking that I should try it out at some point.

And BB has it on sale for $38 this week...

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #41 on: 27 Dec 2006, 01:13 pm »
:o

Oh, YEA!!  Well I can top that!  I paid $69 at W.M. the other day. :roll: :duh:
Dammit man!
The Collector edition was $10 more than the 'regular' version. Includes a DVD full of 'extras'. that I have not watched yet.
Man, I hate it when I get ripped off. :evil:

Bob

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #42 on: 27 Dec 2006, 08:27 pm »
I bought Call of Duty 2 but haven't opened it  :(  Now I hear Call of Duty 3 is a must-have game for the 360. Maybe i will take it back and upgrade.

I also got the 3 Burger King games for $12, but have only played the mini-bike racing game...

bubba966

« Reply #43 on: 27 Dec 2006, 10:05 pm »
:o

Oh, YEA!!  Well I can top that!  I paid $69 at W.M. the other day. :roll: :duh:
Dammit man!
The Collector edition was $10 more than the 'regular' version. Includes a DVD full of 'extras'. that I have not watched yet.
Man, I hate it when I get ripped off. :evil:

Bob

Bob,

You didn't get ripped off. You just didn't get any deal... :lol:

And like jqp I got some of the BK games. Though I only got the mini-bike & bumper car games. Guess at $4 each I might as well pick up the third one.

Woodsea

« Reply #44 on: 28 Dec 2006, 03:40 am »
I just bought the SEGA collection for the PSP.  Man that Sonic the Hedgehog is awesome.  My 8yr old, was getting flummaxed.  I said you gotta give it more time!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #45 on: 28 Dec 2006, 04:04 am »
I stopped at BB on Tues but it was too crazy to really shop much.  I'd hoped to check out the newer 360 & P3 games, just to catch up on what's out there.  I also had a couple movies in hand but set them down when I saw the line (in the infamous "corral" they use :duh:).  Maybe next week, or the week after.

Sucks, too- I ended up picking up "The Descent" at Wal-Mart when I got back to Watertown, but the only copies of "The Black Dahlia" they sell are FS. :x

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #46 on: 28 Dec 2006, 01:18 pm »
the only copies ........they sell are FS. :x

I HATE THAT  :evil:

mcrespo71

« Reply #47 on: 28 Dec 2006, 01:58 pm »
gears of war, sorry :oops:

been reading about this series forever.

it's like doom on meth, just from what I hear the effects of doom are like... :lol:

I've heard this is a killer game.  The only system I have right now is a Nintendo DS Lite and I just bought the new Super Mario Brothers for it, which is quite fun, especially if you like the original.  I'm still waiting for the WII to be in stock and then will buy a PS3 or X360 after I get a proper TV to handle them in progressive scan.

Michael

jqp

• Volunteer
« Reply #48 on: 29 Dec 2006, 05:23 pm »
Psychonauts  used, $17 - now runs on the 360 after the update

It got a rave review on a site I frequent, even as a game for adults, so I had to try it out. A lot fifferent from Halo 2   :wink:

It has similarities to the Oddworld stuff.

It has good colorful cartooney graphics design and animation, lots of collecting powerups and puzzle-solving. The concept/game universe looks fairly well developed, with lots of levels for your character.

It is a 1 player game, and not Live! enabled.

So far it seems a little too youth oriented for me, but i will let it grow on me some more...I am not an "avid" gamer who loves the video roleplaying games, so we will have to see.

jqp

• Volunteer
« Reply #49 on: 3 Jan 2007, 01:30 am »
Finally got Gears of War. Exchanged the unopened Call of Duty II that I bought with my 360 a couple of months ago plus $20.

Now I am ready for a few hours of gaming  :uzi: :uzi: :guns: :flame: :cuss: :duel: :deadhorse: :peek: :guns: :uzi:

Berndt

« Reply #50 on: 12 Jan 2007, 10:39 pm »
Gears of War is our primary playing game, we are stuck on normal level right now, have to take a break I guess.
Just in time for Lost Planet, which we are picking up tonight!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #51 on: 15 Jan 2007, 08:06 pm »
Exchanged the unopened Call of Duty II that I bought with my 360 a couple of months ago plus $20.

How come?

Bob

jqp

• Volunteer
« Reply #52 on: 29 Jan 2007, 02:54 am »
Because I had not opened II and I saw that Call of Duty III was now out. But I really wanted Gears of War more so I got that with the credit.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #53 on: 30 Jan 2007, 06:50 pm »
Ok gotcha.

Bob

Pez

« Reply #54 on: 3 Feb 2007, 12:39 am »
OK I know I'm totally slow to the punch on this, but I just bought Half Life 1, 2, and Episode 1.  Totally freakin' awesome.  Puts Doom 3 to shame in a major way! I have played them all beginning to end several times already (had them since january 4th) I really don't have the computer to do much better right now, but I will soon!

jonwb

« Reply #55 on: 3 Feb 2008, 03:53 am »
I just ordered TW Golf 2008 for my new PS3. Hope its fun... I borrowed COD4. That game is pretty wild. Quite the graphics. I'm thinking of getting the latest Drake game. Screenshots look pretty amazing.
Funny, I bought the thing for movies and keep playing games!

mfsoa

« Reply #56 on: 18 Mar 2008, 11:07 pm »
Bioshock and COD4, which made us realize we needed a serious video card upgrade.

Picked up an Nvidia 8800GT, and later a 22" Dell widescreen.  8)

Frame rates up about 10x relative to the old 7300LE.

-Mike

Woodsea

« Reply #57 on: 14 Jan 2009, 01:47 am »
I have Rockband2 (awesome) Fable2 (great, easier and prettier than Oblivion but not as big), and CoD world at war are my 3 games I am playing alot of now.
Anyone want to play?

mca

« Reply #58 on: 14 Jan 2009, 04:17 am »
Just bought Condemned 2: Bloodshot for the 360. On sale this week at Best Buy for 9.99  :thumb:

pjchappy

« Reply #59 on: 16 Dec 2009, 09:18 pm »
Bought these a few weeks back, for PS3:

Call of Duty 2: Modern Warfare -- Very cool game and absolutely amazing graphics!  I always forget that games like this leave me a little disappointed, as they are too linear and do not take very long to solve.  I also like more realism in terms of gameplay, which Tom Clancy games have more of.

FIFA 2010 -- I do not like watching soccer, but I have always loved soccer video games.  This one is very, very good!  Highly recommended!   :thumb: