What new games have you bought lately?

Woodsea

Re: What new games have you bought lately?
« Reply #60 on: 17 Dec 2009, 12:47 am »
I am wasting alot of time playing Fallout 3 G.O.T.Y.  :duh:  Finished ODST.  Xbox live will be putting Shadow Complex up for 800 pts in a week, I will pick that one up.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #61 on: 24 Dec 2009, 08:17 pm »
COD4 MW2 PS3.
Yea..............  8)

werd

« Reply #62 on: 1 Apr 2010, 12:50 am »
Borderlands on Xbox. excellent 1st person shooter.

jsaliga

• Restricted
  • Vinyl Provocateur
    • The Spinning Record
« Reply #63 on: 18 Jul 2010, 12:10 am »
All for the PC from Steam....

Just Cause 2
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
Battlefield Bad Company 2

--Jerome

jsaliga

• Restricted
  • Vinyl Provocateur
    • The Spinning Record
« Reply #64 on: 1 Sep 2010, 10:25 pm »
I have actually been getting some mileage out of my PS3....

God of War III (This one is quite possibily the best video game ever created.  The Quick Time Events sequences are blemishes on an otherwise superlative game).
Red Dead Redemption (starts a bit slowly, but once it gets moving it's very addictive)
Mafia II (I would have bought this for the PC but the PS3 version came with some free DLC)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (great over-the-top Indiana Jones style story.  A few near-impossible spots seriously mar what would otherwise be a perfect game)
Infamous (never got around to this one...but was hooked by Prototype on the PC so I'm hoping to enjoy this one)

--Jerome

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #65 on: 2 Sep 2010, 12:23 am »
Jerome,
I tried RDR a couple nights. For me, I just didn't get into it. Granted, it's visually stimulating with good graphics with "smooth" gameplay, but westerns just aren't my bag. Neat game, I don't mean to down play it at all....just not my thing.

I played InFamous one night for maybe three hours. Same comments as above, but I find that walking down a street and "doing things" to accomplish a goal, win a trophy, or to accumulate items, and/or new "powers" isn't my bag either. Said another way, Having to go from "A" to "B" is too linear for me. My son finished the darn game in three nights. Loved it.  :o

Have not played the others you mentioned.

When "Black Ops" comes out, I may quite my job. Huge COD fan.
Bob

jsaliga

• Restricted
  • Vinyl Provocateur
    • The Spinning Record
« Reply #66 on: 2 Sep 2010, 04:05 pm »
Jerome,
I tried RDR a couple nights. For me, I just didn't get into it. Granted, it's visually stimulating with good graphics with "smooth" gameplay, but westerns just aren't my bag. Neat game, I don't mean to down play it at all....just not my thing.

Obviously if you don't much care for Westerns then RDR will probably not be the game for you.  But I'm a big fan of Westerns and this game rings true to the genre in many ways that will please gamers such as myself.

I played InFamous one night for maybe three hours. Same comments as above, but I find that walking down a street and "doing things" to accomplish a goal, win a trophy, or to accumulate items, and/or new "powers" isn't my bag either. Said another way, Having to go from "A" to "B" is too linear for me. My son finished the darn game in three nights. Loved it.  :o

I haven't really done anything with Infamous yet.  It is next on my list of games to play after RDR.  I don't mind linear games so long as the design and implementation is good.  For example, the single-player campaign in Call of Duty 4 is completely linear, as are the major checkpoints in each mission.  But the story and missions are so well crafted that you really don't pay much attention to it.

When "Black Ops" comes out, I may quite my job. Huge COD fan.

I won't quit my job...but I may take a few days off to play through it.  :D  If you like COD then give Battlefield: Bad Company 2 a try if you haven't already played it.

--Jerome

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #67 on: 8 Feb 2011, 03:05 pm »
A little bump...

just wanted to share which games i have bought lately.

Need for speed hot pursuit 11: amazing graphics and soundtracks. Way different from most wanted and previous versions.

Civilization 5: a nice strategy game, but to be honest...i liked more the civ3.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #68 on: 8 Feb 2011, 04:30 pm »
I'm looking forward to "Homefront" for the PS3.

tomwhite

« Reply #69 on: 9 Feb 2011, 04:11 pm »
What about Crysis 2? I have been watching the trailer...it looks damn good.

PS. Since im a gamer also, i would like to spend more time on this forum section. Hopefully the guys can share thoughts on the gaming world.  :thumb:

Pez

« Reply #70 on: 9 Feb 2011, 04:37 pm »
Crysis 1 is the best FPS I have ever played period. The graphics are simply unparalleled and the game play is wide open. You can go stealth and sneak around anywhere silently taking out opponent after opponent, you can go in guns a blazin' cowboy style, or you can sit back from a distance and snipe the hell out of everything. In any case Crysis 2 is on my must buy list. For console people you are lucky that it's going beyond the PC, though I doubt that the experience will be nearly as amazing.

Also I have been addicted to starcraft 2 in a major way. Can't wait for sequels to that as well! :thumb:

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #71 on: 16 Feb 2011, 04:08 pm »
In any case Crysis 2 is on my must buy list.

Oh, new york!! We will need maximum strength to play this one.  :green:

toocool4

« Reply #72 on: 12 May 2011, 11:50 am »
I’m not that much of a gamer but I bought the Nintendo 3DS when it came out. So far I have Pilot Wings Resort, Pro Evolution Soccer and Super Street Fighter 4.

I am loving the 3D, cool.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #73 on: 12 May 2011, 02:53 pm »
Pez- I had Crysis 1 on this laptop which has twice the amount of everything needed to run it minimally and it ran but not great and I was so bummed because I could see it was awesome so as soon as I found out 2 was on PS3 I jumped and it looks amazing to me, I just love the overall look of the land from the players perspective...very cool.

Portal 2 is just fun, fun, fun and is what I consider a class act video game, thought provoking, great looking, funny narrative and a ball to play- I was pleasantly surprised actually as I played maybe 10 minutes of P1 with my kids on a visit to see them and thought it was just ok, but I didn't really get a feel for it. Portal 2 should be game of the year but most likely will get beat by Killzone 3 or one of the other wargames, I have Killzone 2, Crysis 2, Portal 2, Dead Space 2-it is the year of the 2!!!!! They all look amazing, Dead Space 2 being the most difficult and challenging as I like to play on casual setting so I can chill and frag and DS2 was so hard I couldn't get to the first checkpoint, my kids took 1/2 hour to get it and they were shocked. After that its definitely casual and fun, that was the only game I got help on....LOL :thumb:

nathanm

« Reply #74 on: 12 May 2011, 05:52 pm »
I got both of the first two Monkey Island remake games for Xbox 360.  It's pretty sweet to get to relive the old school on modern day systems.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #75 on: 12 May 2011, 06:06 pm »
Monkey Island was fun!!!! :rotflmao:

thethingx

« Reply #76 on: 14 Jun 2011, 03:31 am »
i got nothing since starcraft 2, waiting on diablo 3 now

nathanm

« Reply #77 on: 14 Jun 2011, 06:14 pm »
I was browsing through the lists on Xbox and I ended up getting a game called "Stacking" where you play Russian stacking dolls.  It's sort of a G-rated family thing, but it was pretty clever.  A nice change of pace from Borderlands at any rate.  Cool artwork, nice music.

Akkuma

« Reply #78 on: 22 Jun 2011, 12:44 am »
I think the last game I bought was Heroes of Newerth when they had their most recent $10 sale.

guest78998

« Reply #79 on: 17 Nov 2012, 06:29 pm »
Call of Duty Black Ops 2. It was pretty disappointing, the movements felt different, made it feel more like Battlefield 2. The gun interface is such an improvement, and Zombies is ridiculous.