Enticing Newly Announced Games-adding more as we go!

Woodsea

« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2007, 07:07 pm by Woodsea »

Woodsea

Re: Enticing Newly Announced Games-adding more as we go!
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2007, 11:20 pm »

Project Gotham Racing 4 Takes off With the Tesla Roadster

The Tesla Roadster is about to go virtual. Microsoft is featuring our high performance electric sports car in Project Gotham Racing 4 (PGR4), the highly-anticipated Xbox 360 game. If you've been fantasizing about getting behind the wheel of the Tesla Roadster and taking on Ferraris, Aston Martins, and Lamborghinis in a wicked, all-out street race, well, here is your chance.

Microsoft's partnership with Tesla Motors started late last year, when developers borrowed the car for an intense photographic session. The car was shot from virtually every angle and Microsoft developers also borrowed some of our schematics, so that the car could be modeled correctly, right down to its custom headlights.

Microsoft was equally diligent about accurately capturing the unique sound of the Tesla Roadsters' all-electric drivetrain. About a dozen microphones were mounted on the car as it ran on a special dynamometer. Developers then mapped the recordings to the car's actual power curve so that the motor and gear box sounds would be reflected correctly at different speeds.
   Tesla Roadster wired for sound
 The Tesla Roadster wired for sound

If you catch a theatrical film over the next few months, you might also see a trailer for the game. Tesla Motors participated in a photo shoot in which Microsoft shut down several streets in Los Angeles to film racing scenes with a select group of cars. Watch carefully and you'll see our red Tesla Roadster prototype, a professional stunt driver at the helm, slide around a tricky corner.

Expect to find copies of PGR4 on U.S. retail store shelves in October.

Woodsea

This from Kotaku-Rock Band for Xbox360
« Reply #2 on: 6 Sep 2007, 12:41 am »
Music
Rock Band's Latest Song List
In this game you can play the drums, guitar, or bass.  This will be a great multiplayer game for parties!   These songs rock.

Electronic Arts just sent us the latest set list for Rock Band, it includes both The Pixies "Wave of Mutilation" and Hole's "Celebrity Skin" that McWhertor pointed out yesterday as well as a song by the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs which I hadn't noticed before. I haven't been totally on top of Rock Band's growing song launch list, so it may have been announced previously.

Blue Oyster Cult "Don't Fear the Reaper" (Master)
The Who "Won't Get Fooled Again" (Master)
David Bowie "Suffragette City" (Master)
Black Sabbath "Paranoid" (Cover)
The Ramones "Blitzkrieg Pop" (Master)
Mountain "Mississippi Queen" (Cover)
Bon Jovi "Wanted Dead or Alive" (Master)
Rush "Tom Sawyer" (Cover)
Nirvana "In Bloom" (Master)
Stone Temple Pilots "Vasoline" (Master)
Weezer "Say It Ain't So" (Master)
The Hives "Main Offender" (Master)
The Strokes "Reptilla" (Master)
Queens of the Stone Age "Go with the Flow" (Master)
Foo Fighters "Learn to Fly" (Master)
Metallica "Enter Sandman" (Master)
Deep Purple "Highway Star" (Master)
Faith No More "Epic" (Master)
Jet "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" (Master)
OK Go! "Here It Goes Again (Master)
Radiohead "Creep" (Master)
Rolling Stones "Gimme Shelter" (Master)
The Clash "Should I Stay or Should I Go" (Master)
Smashing Pumpkins "Cherub Rock" (Master)
Beastie Boys "Sabotage" (Master)
Nine Inch Nails "The Hand That Feeds" (Master)
Garbage "I Think I'm Paranoid" (Master)
The Pixies "Wave of Mutilation" (Master)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs "Maps" (Master)
Hole "Celebrity Skin" (master)
http://kotaku.com/gaming/rock-band/
Play it at your own risk http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5g7qQDlcqv89Mu6CWraXwf9QlFEOw

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2007, 03:23 am »
Metroid Prime for the Wii

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #4 on: 22 Sep 2007, 03:24 am »
Heavenly Sword for the PS3

Woodsea

Our name sake is coming!
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jan 2008, 02:52 pm »
Early last year, author Orson Scott Card was in the spotlight regarding the possibility of turning the highly popular Ender's Game novel into a video game. But while Card was very much open to the prospect, nothing was confirmed at the moment, leaving the idea to float in silence (and among the sci-fi fan's wet dreams) for months.

That is, until we ran this press wire announcing a partnership between Card and Undertow developer Chair Entertainment Group to create games based on the book's famed Battle Room.

No details were announced, though Chair said that this year, they'll begin developing a Battle Room title that will be distributed via downloadable platforms. Ender's Game downloadable-loving courtesy of PSN and XBL? Why not?

Further along, Chair also made known its plans to expand to the Battle Room game to the next-gen platforms, handheld systems, and the PC. Chair Entertainment Creative Director had this to say regarding the partnership:

I have been a huge fan of Ender's Game since I was ten years old, so it is a true honor for our team to be entrusted with creating the first video game inspired by this classic story. Our goal is to create an authentic Ender’s Game experience that delivers awesome gameplay and can be enjoyed by both longtime fans and gamers new to the series.

Orson Scott Card also appears to be excited regarding the Ender's Game video game prospect, and had this to say:

From the moment I started working with Donald Mustard and his team at Chair, I knew that these were the guys I wanted to do the first Ender's Game video game. It's not enough to slap the Ender's Game name on just any game--it has to be exciting, memorable, and endlessly replayable. Chair shares my understanding of this and I am looking forward to working with them to ensure the game is as authentically Enderish as possible.

And if we follow Card's lead, this may just be step one of the author's bigger prospects for the near future. We'll let you know if any related updates are announced.

Woodsea

« Reply #6 on: 2 Jun 2009, 07:38 pm »
Xbox 360- http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/projectnatal/
PSP Go- http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/02/sony-psp-go-announced-bye-bye-umd/

E3 is announcing quite a few games that look very cool, for all consoles.
Plus, EA announced StarCraft2 will be here before the year is out.  Time to budget for my Gaming/HTPC especially with Windows 7 coming out.

Woodsea

« Reply #7 on: 1 Jan 2010, 01:47 am »
Happy New Year all you gamers!!
This year has been quite problematic for anyone that has time or financial straits, the games have been getting better on all levels.  PS3 has boasted Uncharted 2 and LittleBigPlanet.  Xbox has some pretty good ones as well  :wink:.  This next year looks even better.  3d will be the big thing this next year, at least for early adopters. 
I am both excited and leery of what I know is coming and what I imagine is coming down the pike.  What xbox live needs is a game timer, so that I cannot play after a certain amount of time has lapsed.  I really have very self control when it comes to living outside my own life, be it books, episodic shows (movies) or games (esp RPG's).
Anyway, for those who don't work tomorrow and are planning to celebrate yet another year passing or if you prefer put into our collective time consciousness, be safe!

Woodsea

Elder Scrolls Online
« Reply #8 on: 20 Nov 2013, 11:38 am »
I received my beta key for this weekends testing.  Very excited to get back into Tamriel, play any of the 3 alliances up to level 17.
This is going to be sweet!

Woodsea

« Reply #9 on: 22 Nov 2013, 12:29 am »
Damn it, this was sent to me by mistake, no beta this weekend.  Only for Windows people.  They sent it to me by mistake.  Oh, well I will be on the short list for the Mac version.