What new games have you bought lately?

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« on: 11 Nov 2003, 03:04 pm »
I just bought 4 new XBox games this month:

Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
This is really fun. Realistic squad/solo multiplayer fighting on XBox Live!

Outlaw Voleyball
Not just a pretty face...when you get bored you can "beat your opponent senseless" using all the dirty tricks. Pez? Havent played this one yet

Grand Theft Auto (x2) - 2pack for the price of one! Haven't ever played these games yet (original and vice city).

bob82274

« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2003, 12:42 am »
Hehe... I hope you enjoy GTA as much as I have.  I havn't gotten into Vice City as much b/c my videocard needs upgrading.  But both are excelent games.  

As for me I havn't purchaced any new games recently.  But for the first time in a while I have some on my wish list (besides the usual HL2 and Halo2 :roll: )  Mario Kart DoubleDash!! comes out next week I believe and F-Zero GX is already out.  Mario Kart is one of my alltime favorite games so I have been really looking foward to it.

mcrespo71

« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2003, 01:39 am »
^^No doubt I'm getting Mario Kart Double Dash as well!!!!^^

I've been licking my chops for this one!

New games:  Top Spin, Rainbow Six, and Crimson Skies on Xbox.
Mario Golf, SSX3, and F Zero GX on Gamecube.

bubba966

« Reply #3 on: 12 Nov 2003, 03:52 am »
Quote from: mcrespo71
^^No doubt I'm getting Mario Kart Double Dash as well!!!!^^

Well, I prepaid MK DD a couple of months ago. :mrgreen: So I think I'm right there with 'ya!

Got the broadband adapters a month or so back for multi-cube hookup (we've got 2 in the house so far). Will be running the networking cable this weekend. Just got in a new Wavebird (Japanese exclusive model) as I didn't have 4 controllers for my 'cube. And thinking of setting up a third 'cube setup as well...

Other recent purchases have been F-Zero GX ('cube), & Midtown Madness 3 ('box). Haven't really messed with MM3 yet. Seems alright, just haven't felt motivated yet. At least it was only a $20 game.

mcrespo71

« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2003, 04:42 am »
Is Midtown Madness 3 Xbox live capable?  For $20, that's a good pick up!

bubba966

« Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2003, 04:45 am »
Yeah, MM 3 is Live capable. And it was only $20 because that's MS company store price for 'box games.

Askar

« Reply #6 on: 19 Nov 2003, 01:43 pm »
I recently got Morrowind GOTY edition.  I haven't really got a chance to get into it a lot, but am anxious to see the expansion stuff.  Also not too long ago got Baulder's Gate Dark Alliance.  Really cool game, but not a lot of replay value.  I also got Splinter Cell and KOTOR, but haven't really got into either of them much yet.  With winter setting in, it will be a great time to start on these games.  Way to many great ones coming out for Xbox for me to keep up right now.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 26 Nov 2003, 12:29 am »
Bought Splinter Cell today; BB had selected 'box games for $14.99.  Haven't tried it yet, though.

Woodsea

« Reply #8 on: 26 Nov 2003, 01:56 am »
I have 'The Hobbit' which is a pretty decent game actually.  In my mailbox today should arrive 'Crimson Skies' to which I am totally stoked for.

mca

« Reply #9 on: 26 Nov 2003, 02:31 am »
Just bought the GTA 2 pack, Prince of Persia:The Sands of Time and PGR 2. I Always liked the Prince of Persia games, and this one is great. I have not even put the other two in yet  :D

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 7 Apr 2004, 01:16 am »
I found Legacy of Kain:  Defiance today used for $20.  Since I've been wanting this for awhile I snapped it up.  I also bought the new Matrix flick so the game might have to wait a little while.

mcrespo71

« Reply #11 on: 7 Apr 2004, 01:21 am »
I purchased Return to Castle Wolfenstein on Xbox for $20.

I also purchased Pac Man Vs. for GCN and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for GCN.

Socom II for PS2.

Michael

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 7 Apr 2004, 01:27 am »
I really like Wolfenstein- monsters and nazis, how can you make a bad game outta that! :lol:

Once Ninja Gaiden has been out for a while longer there should be some good deals at the used store. :D

mcrespo71

« Reply #13 on: 7 Apr 2004, 01:31 am »
I played a copy of Ninja Gaiden at my friend's house and it's awesome.  I am waiting for it to drop in price like you.  Is Legend of Kain for PS2 or the box?

The only games I will buy at retail for the rest of this year are Halo 2 and Mario 128.  I'll wait till the others inevitaly drop in price.

Michael

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 7 Apr 2004, 01:35 am »
Duh!  It's for the 'box! :P  :lol:   I almost never buy anything for my P2- the only game I've bought in the last year was the new Risk game (pretty cool game, and not really graphics-driven so it plays great for P2).

mcrespo71

« Reply #15 on: 7 Apr 2004, 01:41 am »
Dude, you should buy Socom 2!  It rocks!  Also, Final Fantasy X-2 is an amazing RPG with excellent graphics.  You've been ignoring your ps2 for too long if you've only bought RISK in the last year!

One more box game that is heading towards $19.99 is PGR2- looking forward to scoring that.

Michael

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 7 Apr 2004, 01:46 am »
Very few games look even passable to me on the P2- the 'box has utterly spoiled me, I'm afraid.

The used store has Star Wars: KotOR for $20, too. :o   I shoulda bought it but I already bought the Matrix & Legacy of Kain:  Defiance today...

mcrespo71

« Reply #17 on: 7 Apr 2004, 01:51 am »
KOTOR ROCKS!!!!! Get that ASAP.  Best game of 2003 IMO.

However, it's graphics are not that good.  If you are a graphics whore (and it sounds like you are), then the Final Fantasty games on the PS2 have the best RPG graphics.  I'd say the majority of multiplatform games look best on the Xbox, but that isn't always the case- many EA games were created using the PS2 and then ported to Xbox not taking advantage of it's capabilities.  Ditto Metal Gear Solid:SOL which looks better and runs with a smoother framerate on PS2.  

I'm not trying to diss the Xbox, as I'll admit is has many graphical standouts, but you should explore a bit more PS2 titles before generalizing that they all look worse than Xbox ones.

Michael

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #18 on: 7 Apr 2004, 02:04 am »
I've actually got quite a few P2 games.  It's just that I rarely play them anymore.  The very best of the are passable, but my newer P2 games mostly can't compare graphically with my oldest Xbox games.

Maybe I am a graphics whore! :lol:   I didn't set out to be, but once I saw how much better the 'box was I've just found it hard to go back.  Believe me, it's been very painful to admit, as I've been a PS whore since virtually day one of the first PSX.  My brother bought a 'box first and I'd make my excused for the P2; you know, the standard ones (it was out first, more games, etc etc).  But in the end I had to admit it just can't compete.  No knock, it really was out for awhile.  State of the art is a moving target- the last console to market will have the technical edge.  Consoles are like fossiles: like a fly in amber, they show what was happening technically at the moment they were finalized.

I liken it to have B(l)ose speakers then hearing a buddies Maggies one day- try as you might, you just can't shake off the experience.  At that you can kid yourself or you can acknowledge that your world has changed! :lol:

TheeeChosenOne

« Reply #19 on: 7 Apr 2004, 04:47 pm »
Splinter Cell:  Pandora Tomorrow
Far Cry
UT 2004