Curiosity Killed the Cat

davidmsem

Curiosity Killed the Cat
« on: 22 Apr 2024, 03:14 am »
 Hello! David from Connecticut. New to The forum and frustrated with ridiculously high prices on speakers so attempting to do a speaker build and see what this is all about. I will be building the X-Voce from GR-RESEARCH. Anybody have a picture of that crossover built that they can share?  Wish me luck .... If it goes well and they sound great I will build the X-Statik.  Curious to see if this will really be an upgrade from my Sonus Faber Concertos.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Curiosity Killed the Cat
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2024, 08:39 am »

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2024, 08:46 am »

davidmsem

« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2024, 11:50 am »
Thank you very much!!!!!

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2024, 11:56 am »
Welcome!

JCarney

« Reply #5 on: 22 Apr 2024, 07:06 pm »
Welcome davidmsem. Go to the GR circle if you do have any issues and post your question with a pic or two, and one of the inmates will be able to help. Danny and Hobbs keep an eye on the GR circle, so they will also chime in with helpful hints to get you past an issue. My Granddaughter and I built the Desktop Mini kit when it was available, and it went smoothly until I goofed something up with the xover. :duh: My Granddaughter was 8 when we did that 2 years ago. I'll provide a link to the thread if you care to have a look.
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=177906.0

Best of Luck,
JCarney

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #6 on: 23 Apr 2024, 02:33 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC David   :thumb: