OPPO BDP-93NE, 93NXE, 95NXE and 83NXE

mrhyfy

Re: OPPO BDP-93NE, 93NXE, 95NXE and 83NXE
« Reply #40 on: 13 Oct 2011, 06:37 pm »
Try to replace or try a different HDMI cable.  It seems to me the data is dropping off occasionally.

MIGHT be the video monitor or your ht rcvr if it's in the circuit.  Could be tricky to pinpoint.

mkmk

« Reply #41 on: 17 Oct 2011, 10:27 am »
Try to replace or try a different HDMI cable.  It seems to me the data is dropping off occasionally.

I switched HDMI cables and TV inputs but the problem was always at HDMI 1 output from the Oppo 93 NE. And at HDMI 2 output it was always OK. But I noticed something new and potentially useful - irregularity doesn't occur in "real" films/movies, but always in concerts (for example, "Legends - Miller, Sanborn, Clapton, Sample, Gadd - Live At Montreux" and "Return To Forever - Corea, DiMeola,Clarke,White")(!?)

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #42 on: 19 Oct 2011, 05:16 am »
Are you switching between a better or same quality cable?  How long is the cable distance?

It seems that this has to do with music video having higher (uncompressed or higher bit rate) data rate, and thus the dropping of data.

mkmk

« Reply #43 on: 19 Oct 2011, 10:00 am »
Are you switching between a better or same quality cable?  How long is the cable distance?

It seems that this has to do with music video having higher (uncompressed or higher bit rate) data rate, and thus the dropping of data.

I can't believe that such a good video processor or the Monster "high-speed" HDMI cable can have too much data from a regular Blu-Ray disk. 
Besides, in my system the audio signal goes through analog cables, and HDMI carries video signal only.
I used two Monster "high-speed" HDMI cables (1 and 2m) and one "no-name" (2m)
in various permutations of positions, but the problem was always at the HDMI 1 output from my Oppo 93 NE. And in the same time at the HDMI 2 output the picture was normal. So, I wonder, why there was no dropping of data at the HDMI 2 output?
I'm affraid the problem is in the video processor on the HDMI 1 side. It seems it can't handle video data from certain disks without occasional severe distortions.

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #44 on: 21 Oct 2011, 07:09 pm »
The HDMI1 is the output that goes through the Marvel VSP, while HDMI2 is from the MTK processor (i.e. the original output).  Which TV are you connecting to?  I believe the HDMI1 tends to have slightly more compatibility issues and has been refined over various firmware releases (but you had upgraded to the latest FW).

mkmk

« Reply #45 on: 24 Oct 2011, 07:28 am »
The HDMI1 is the output that goes through the Marvel VSP, while HDMI2 is from the MTK processor (i.e. the original output).  Which TV are you connecting to?  I believe the HDMI1 tends to have slightly more compatibility issues and has been refined over various firmware releases (but you had upgraded to the latest FW).

First of all, thank you very much for your readiness to discuss my problem with me.
Meanwhile I've got some new facts and possible traces.
When I separated disks on which the malfunction tended to occur, I realised they all
were 1080i(!). Since my player resolution setting was 1080p, I first concluded that the conversion from 1080i to 1080p was the problem. However, further tests showed that
even player settings 1080i or 720p didn't remove the problem. Although. the problem occured less often (approx. once in a concert).
My TV is the Panasonic 37'' plasma. It can take and handle 1080p input, but the output in pixels is less than full HD (approx. HD Ready). 
Yes, I upgraded to the latest FW.

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #46 on: 24 Oct 2011, 11:05 pm »
Please see your PM.

mkmk

« Reply #47 on: 25 Oct 2011, 08:29 am »

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant