Any plan for a V3 in the forseable future?

STEF

Re: Any plan for a V3 in the forseable future?
« Reply #40 on: 22 Sep 2009, 07:29 am »
V3 upgrade also for the "MCH" range ?

Caar

« Reply #41 on: 22 Sep 2009, 07:43 am »
See topic "Any plan for another multiamp".

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #42 on: 22 Sep 2009, 10:57 am »
Yes, V3 is for EVERYTHING amp related  :thumb:

The MCH V3 prices will go up about 10 to 20% depending on model so if anyone is interested, we can still sell the V2 version of MCH 10% discount from MSRP.  For example, MCH-300SEC7 MSRP is $6000 (this is V3 based), MCH-3SEC7 will drop to $4500 (from original $5000).

Jason

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
« Reply #43 on: 25 Sep 2009, 02:35 pm »
Ive been away from the thread and got a email from John Casler yesterday with V3 info. I sure was hoping Jason, Casey and Nuforce could squeeze one more upgrade into the ref 9 line. O yea sign me up and many thanks for the best business model in the audio world. Like Jason mentioned in this thread for a small amount of money you have the very latest in design and technology for your amps. Ive had my original ref 9s upgraded to SE, V2, and now V3 over a 4 year period name any other manufacturer of audio gear that gives that kind of treatment to there customers.
Many thanks Nuforce.  :thumb:
Mike

giannettino

« Reply #44 on: 6 Oct 2009, 08:07 pm »
Ok..
i will wait for Dimitri's..Go!!!!!!!for the upgrade on my ref2SE..but i'm thinking around the future new power supply for high power....wath about an external case for power supply for the little case on Ref9??? :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Kenobi

« Reply #45 on: 7 Oct 2009, 10:29 pm »
Ok..
i will wait for Dimitri's..Go!!!!!!!for the upgrade on my ref2SE..but i'm thinking around the future new power supply for high power....wath about an external case for power supply for the little case on Ref9??? :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

It would be great if there's also an upgrade path for the power supply.  I'll be all ears for sure....

Kenobi

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #46 on: 13 Oct 2009, 11:53 am »
Power supply will be later.  Gee, do you people seriously need that much power? Or you're just a bunch of big SUV owners  :lol: 
I can't even use half of the power on the current amp.

worldcat

« Reply #47 on: 13 Oct 2009, 01:45 pm »
I could use more power for sure!!  I have large room. :icon_lol:

Kenobi

« Reply #48 on: 13 Oct 2009, 06:23 pm »
For my use of the MCH3SE-C7, I can use more headroom just to be sure I don't run out of steam.  As is, I am kind of conscious of the volume control as I don't want to overtax it in heavy HT mode.  If I had mono for each channel, it would be of a lesser concern. 

Can't wait to hear the reviews for the new V3.  Unfortunately, funds are low so will have to enjoy the amp through the reviews for now instead of actual music through it.

Best regards,

Kenobi

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
« Reply #49 on: 13 Oct 2009, 10:00 pm »
Jason are the V 3 components in your hands and has upgrading begun. And i m not sure of the power supply question, was it to be a separate unit? Yes more power does equal better head room and thats good. And another yes i do drive a BIG SUV and like it. Sorry if i sound like a capitalist because i am. It beats the alternative.

worldcat

« Reply #50 on: 14 Oct 2009, 12:56 am »
Yeah i like lots more power.  I have large speakers to drive.  More power please  :lol:

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #51 on: 14 Oct 2009, 09:33 pm »
We have a prototype SMPS for directly replacement of the existing SMPS inside the chassis. We probably won't release this new SMPS until sometime next year.

officiumkong

« Reply #52 on: 16 Oct 2009, 09:36 pm »
Hi Jason, can you post an interior photo of reference 9 V3SE for our reference? Thank you!!

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #53 on: 20 Oct 2009, 07:14 am »
Ok, when I have time.
If you want to be sure you're getting the 9V3SE, check for these:
1) Red color amp board (8" x 3") with Nuforce R5 label on one of the corner (we will make black color board in future production)
2) A cap array board with a bunch of caps with different sizes (the standard Ref 9 comes with two big cap) from small to large in two array of several rows each.

Kenobi

« Reply #54 on: 21 Oct 2009, 03:14 pm »
Hi Jason,

Excited to know that there's a new SMPS in the works.  Hope to see/hear one when ready-- hopefully sooner than later.  Keep up the great work.

Regards,

Kenobi

twist22

« Reply #55 on: 15 Nov 2009, 01:19 pm »
I am keen to upgrade my Ref 9V2 Se's to V3's. However I do have one pair of Ref 9's running just the bass drivers in a 3 way system. For this pair more power would be useful. Particularly for running EQ room correction.
So the question is with the Ref 18 coming out next month should I wait and look at replacing the pair of Ref 9'3 on bass duty with the new Ref 18's or will the new SWPS that is in the works mean that the Ref 9's with the new SMPS have the similar power output to the Ref 18's ?
I am of course assuming the new Ref 18 will have a higher power output than the current Ref 9's ?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #56 on: 17 Nov 2009, 04:21 pm »
The Ref 18 has higher power but don't think we can make it in December.

worldcat

« Reply #57 on: 18 Nov 2009, 08:46 pm »
Take your time on making the Ref 18.  It needs to be better to be a Ref 18, glad to hear that it will have more power.

twist22

« Reply #58 on: 18 Nov 2009, 09:01 pm »
Jason, thanks for the advice about the higher power for the upcoming Ref 18. But now I am in a spin. I  was all set to upgrade all my Ref 9V2s to V3's and I would still like to but now I am not so sure about the 2 amps that are used for bass duty.
Two questions (if I can)
(i) Do you expect the Ref 18 to have a significant increase in power over the current Ref 9's ie 50% to 100% more ?
(ii) If I upgrade to v3's now and wait for the future "new SWPS" for the Ref 9's will this get the Ref 9's somewhere near power output of the Ref 18"s ?

worldcat

« Reply #59 on: 18 Nov 2009, 10:21 pm »
It is confusing what the company is doing.  Why didn't they make the best amp they could for V3SE. 
They could have offered a different box if people wanted it.