NuForce MCH-3SE - 2U (3.5") height, 300Wx7@4ohm, 33 lbs, SE class

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2008, 10:47 pm by nuforce-jason »

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
We are going to release this beast to the home theater market in September (shipping around 1st week).
A world class multichannel amp that is very compact light weight, energy efficient, and super high performance.
Brief spec:
1) 7 V2 boards with SE class capacitor board
2) 12V trigger in
3) Each channel can be turned on/off by remote control (the cool P-9 style remote) with memory retention.
4) Power on diagnostic: Red (oops), Blue (no signal), Green (signal detected)
5) 33 lbs, 3.5" x 17" x 14"
6) 300W x 7 @ 4ohm, 190W x 7 @ 8 ohm
7) palladium plated speaker binding post

MSRP $5000

Difference between MCH-3SE and Ref 9V2SE:
Very briefly, REf 9V2SE has its own dedicated SMPS and use top of the line connectors and wires. All the signal wires (in and out) are soldered. It is for the audiophiles who seek pure and raw performance. MCH-3SE offer near SE class performance with ease of service (all the modules can be replaced without soldering). MCH-3SE has a dual SMPS shared by 7 channels (Industry MCH power formula for power per channel = total power / (2P + 5 x P/4).

MCH-2 - a strip down version of MCH-3SE.
Available in 5 and 7 channels version.  This is a Ref 8.5V2 class multichannel amp.
MSRP $3250, 7x200W@4ohm,  7x160W@8ohm
MSRP $2950, 5x200W@4ohm,  5x160W@8ohm
No 3/8" top aluminum plate, no SE capacitor board.

MCH-2 can be upgraded to MCH-3SE.

Whether you're serious 2 channel audiophiles or into high performance home theater, you can mix and match Ref series with MCH series to achieve your dream home cinema setup.
Some examples:
MCH-3SE  - for home theater person who also spend some time in 2 channel listening.
MCH-2 + 2 Ref 9V2SE - for audiophiles who also watch movie in the same system
Use your imagination!  Use 2 x MCH-3SE to bi-amp every channel :)

MCH-2 will be released about 1 month after MCH-3SE.

*** Spec or prices are subject to final adjustment.  We'll publish more information on the website early next week. ***

Toka

Wow!!  :o

sac8d4

I'm trying to think of something to say, yet all i can seem to do is  :drool:

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
If you find other products that come close (in price and power), we'll like to know.  I hope we set the standard for world class performance at affordable price.
Other products in the pipeline:
Music Server, DAC, Phono stage for P-9 and more  aa

Toka

If you find other products that come close (in price and power), we'll like to know.

There are some of the current models that are similar in one way or another:

NAD M25 (7x160W @ 8 ohm) - $2,999

Rotel RMB-1077 (7x100W, Class-D, though this one uses ICE modules) - $2,499 (hope people realize not all Class-D is created equal!)

Outlaw 7700 (7x200W, $2,149) and 7900 (7x399W, $3,499)

Sunfire TGA-7400 (7x400W) - $4,499

Adcom has several models with 7 channels as well...plenty others too, this is just a sample.

JoshK

edited...  was trying to be funny but didn't quite pull it off.
« Last Edit: 9 Aug 2007, 12:08 pm by JoshK »

kenk

If you find other products that come close (in price and power), we'll like to know. 

I'll add another one.

D-Sonic (ICE) MAGNUM 1250-7
3 X 250W / 8Ω 3 front channels
4 x 125W / 8Ω side and rear channels
Price: $2475

Midnite Mick

I think Kevin Haskins products could qualify as similar as well.

Still very nice though. :thumb:

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Thanks for the response.  I think we're in a very good position. Those similarly priced multi-channel amps are not in the same performance class  :oops:
Further, a lot of them are still using linear power supply or linear amp (too heavy and use too much electricity).

csc

Oh wow!!

Would love to try one in my setup....maybe one of these days.

Excellent!  Good luck with it NuForce!

John Casler

Thanks for the response.  I think we're in a very good position. Those similarly priced multi-channel amps are not in the same performance class  :oops:
Further, a lot of them are still using linear power supply or linear amp (too heavy and use too much electricity).

I would doubt that they offer "upgrade paths" either.

yo2tup

If you find other products that come close (in price and power), we'll like to know.  I hope we set the standard for world class performance at affordable price.
Other products in the pipeline:
Music Server, DAC, Phono stage for P-9 and more  aa

Emotiva MPS-1 is a one of similar specs at a lower cost.  Use to be sold at AV123.  200 watts/8 ohms – 300 watts/4 ohms – 400 watts/2 ohms - seven channels driven.  Each channel is an independent module that can be swapped out/upgraded.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
I am looking for high end sounding MCHs with similar spec and price.  Yes, there are many MCHs out there and I am not looking for a survey of all the MCHs. Perhaps we can create a seperate thread for that.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Is there any demand for MCH-3, which is MCH-2 with 300Wx7 power, no self diagnostic, no remote, no SE capacitors ?
My thinking is that most people will go with MCH-3SE. Why pay $4000 for MCH-3 (estimate price) when you can get MCH-3SE at $5K ?
A lot of the 2 channels people will likely buy MCH-2 for back and surround, may be also bi-amp with the monoblocks for the front L/R.

MCH is not for everyone. A lot of audiophiles (Casey is one of them) only listen to L,R,C channels so they will likely just go with the Ref series monoblocks.

bjoern

Is it possible for this machine to be a flexible product where you can choose everything from two to seven channels and also SE-class or "regular".
Jason, you mentioned audiophiles. They might want to use monoblocks for the front channels and perhaps add a MCH with three channels for centre and rear. And later on you may want to upgrade to five channels, and so on.
Or some people start with a stereo amp and later on it evolves into a HT with need for five or seven channels.

Just a thought...

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Yes, we get all kinds of requests for different configurations.  We can't offer it all due to production QA and efficiency issues (too clostly to do just-in-time assembly!).  We'll think about it and come up with something.

KrK

Can you tell more about the music-server? What files you can play (FLAC, WAVE, MP3 (brrr) , connecting to a NAS etc etc

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
The Music Server is a fanless, Linux based PC fitted inside Ref 9 chassis (including HD and CD/DVD player). This motherboard has pretty good DAC and stereo RCA output.
Therefore it can play FLAK, MP3 and all other format because they are supported on the open source Linux. Fanless and compact PC is not cheap (but <$2K) due to the custom chassis (heat pipes) that we have to develop.

Music Server = good sound, acceptable price, convenient (can act as server as well as client)
Music Server + High performance external Nuforce DAC = very good sound

Basically we want to come up with value for money products that customers can purchase separately depending on their need and upgrade path.

KrK

Ok. I have stored all my music on a NAS by iTunes and play it with my HTPC to the AVP 16. I am in the market for the Nuforce DAC when its sound quality is far better than the AVP 16.

So I can setup my system right: HTPC - Nuforce DAC - P9 - 9.02Se v2

When is the DAC available and what kind of inputs does it have?